Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
It was made by Paule Ingrand, a quite unknown female french artist. The brooch dates back to the 30s and I bought it because I liked it. It looked like some kind of fantasy deer with big rabbit ears and a funky tail and was made of a golden material. Can´t find any pictures of it unfortunately. After I found out what it´s worth I decided that I´d probably never wear it without panicing...

I have never heard of her but certainly keep my eye out! I think I would be the same - when you wear something of value you can end up spending your evening constantly checking that it is still on your person or beside you (in the case of expensive/beloved purses etc.) - at the same time I have always been of the opinion that things should be worn/used/enjoyed (unless there is a definite danger of you losing it because it's fragile/broken) - I mean what else are you going to do - put it in a glass case and throw sugar at it?!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
What a breathtaking color! Congratulations Miss Golightly!
il_570xN_129421127.jpg

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
@Miss Golightly: That´s the plan ;) No seriously, I´m waiting for the right event to pop up. Lets say...I get an award. Or something of that kind :)

Drappa

One Too Many
Wow, what a find! Never heard of that designer before, but that happened to me once with a Horrockses dress and I still love it most of all of my vintage dresses.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Cherry Lips & Drappa - thank you both!

I got these lovely cigarette pants today - they are by Tabak of California and come from the estate of their head designer of many years, Irene Saltern. She was also a costume designer for the movies:

il_570xN_245685327.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
The trousers are from an online store www.morellos.co.uk by 'La Riviera' I think :) They are such stunning trousers!

I was thinking of ordering a pair of trousers from them as they seem quite reasonabley priced. How does the fit come up by the way? And also whats the length like? I'm 5'10" so things are normally too short (so it helps if they have a hem I can take down!) :)

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I bought my first real vintage item! I picked this 1960s dress up at my local vintage shop for $35 today. It fits like a dream and now I need something fancy to wear it out to.

June4_greendress.JPG

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
@MissLaurieMarie: Congratulations! Lovely color on the dress.

Today was flea market day:

flohmarkt1.jpg

bag for stockings

flohmarkt2.jpg

My new favorite hat!

flohmarkt3.jpg

50shut2.jpg

I´m gonna sell this one because it looks totally strange on my head. So if you are interested, drop me a message.

flohmarkt4.jpg

flohmarkt5.jpg

I´ve been searching for a pair of nice fitting vintage heels for ages and now? Two on the same day. Yay!

flohmarkt6.jpg

scarf by Monique Valery. I bought another one with this with bold blue red and white stripes.

flohmarkt7.jpg

Circle skirt. I´m not sure yet. It looks a bit...strange on.

You can see bigger pictures and the prices I paid on my blog, if you are interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn