Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
CherryLips & Nosferaturoams - thank you!

BlackDahlia - I adore the playing cards dress - it's so unusual!

I posted this in another thread - my latest acquisition - a Trifari sweater guard - will come in handy when the weather finally gets warm!

il_570xN_210867285.jpg

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I posted this in another thread - my latest acquisition - a Trifari sweater guard - will come in handy when the weather finally gets warm!

il_570xN_210867285.jpg

Lovely sweater guard, but your statement made me giggle! Tatum just gave me a beautiful silver toned guard for my birthday, and my comment was something to the effect that I can't wait til it gets chilly again so I can use it! Ah, Florida...

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lovely sweater guard, but your statement made me giggle! Tatum just gave me a beautiful silver toned guard for my birthday, and my comment was something to the effect that I can't wait til it gets chilly again so I can use it! Ah, Florida...

Thank you GL! You lucky thing with that lovely warm weather! It's way too cold here in Dublin at the moment to just throw a cardi over my shoulders - I went out for a walk today and had my heavy trench on and wished I had worn a sweater underneath - changeable weather - rain, sun and very strong winds - can't wait for the warmer weather to kick in!!!!!!

Tatum

Practically Family
Thank you GL! You lucky thing with that lovely warm weather! It's way too cold here in Dublin at the moment to just throw a cardi over my shoulders - I went out for a walk today and had my heavy trench on and wished I had worn a sweater underneath - changeable weather - rain, sun and very strong winds - can't wait for the warmer weather to kick in!!!!!!

Yep, we are currently living in sundresses down here! My coats miss me. :)

BoPeep

Practically Family
These last few pages were amazing! Hat boxes, shoes and dresses, oh my! But I'm going to step out of the closet (har har) with this purchase of mine - a set of 1946 Paden City Pottery dishes. So excited to host a period dinner at last! More here.

IMG_4791.jpg

Last edited:

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
These last few pages were amazing! Hat boxes, shoes and dresses, oh my! But I'm going to step out of the closet (har har) with this purchase of mine - a set of 1946 Paden City Pottery dishes. So excited to host a period dinner at last! More here.

IMG_4791.jpg

Ooo, that is a lovely set. I have my grandmother's dinner set, 1 china and 1 silver tea set (both my mom's) as well as both my mom's and grandmother's silverware sets. I really should get them out of the boxes and actually use them.

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Bo Peep - A fully period dinner?! Wow! That sounds fantastic.

On the purchasing front I got these shoes from Ebay. They're not vintage or reproduction but they ticked a lot of my shoes loves boxes. Favourite colour: tick. Suede: tick. Round toe: tick. Bows: TICK!

greenshoes1.jpg

greenshoes2.jpg

Lusty Haze

New in Town
I'm gutted. I bought a cranberry 30's coat on ebay, and unknowingly paid $45 for postage to the UK, then I end up having to pay £20 on top for Customs Charges.

Don't think I'll be buying from America again :'(

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lusty Haze, I feel for you. It's a risk you take buying a more expensive item from overseas, although you only get caught sometimes.

I had a seller on UK Ebay who didn't tell me they were in Italy (their listing said Edinburgh in the location) and I had to pay about £40 ontop of a high bid for postage for a 1930s coat when I was thinking no more than £10. I was mighty annoyed!
I thought about cancelling the transaction but I had been looking for a coat of the type for an age and they don't come along that often, so I had to suck it up.

Drappa

One Too Many
Last edited:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Rosie Beau - Lovely shoes - I had a similar pair in black a few years ago and I don't know what I was doing the day I bought them as they were far too big for me - I ended up giving them to a friend - great shoes though - they went with so much.

Drappa - that dress is cute as a button and definitely has a 30's vibe to it.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I was browsing the other day and came across this red suit - when I saw the label I could not believe my eyes - a suit by Sybil Connolly - and when I saw the price - well I was blown away - the seller was only looking for $28 for it. I guess the seller wasn't aware of how sought after her designs are - the suit wasn't even listed as a Sybil Connolly - just as a red suit. I have seen similar Sybil Connolly suits on sale for $695! Well the suit arrived this morning and the photos do not do it justice - the wool is incredibly soft - it's so beautifully made and in wonderful condition:

il_570xN_129421127.jpg

il_570xN_129421920.jpg

I was always hoping to own a piece by Sybil Connolly and to have found this beauty (and at that price!) well it's just incredible!

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Wow, congratulations on that. The color is great!
Something similar once happened to me on a flea market. I bought a brooche for 2€ and after some research about the name on the back I found out that it´s worth between 450€ and 600€. For a moment I turned into Gollum... I love when that happens.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Wow, congratulations on that. The color is great!
Something similar once happened to me on a flea market. I bought a brooche for 2€ and after some research about the name on the back I found out that it´s worth between 450€ and 600€. For a moment I turned into Gollum... I love when that happens.

Thank you Katinka! I got such a rush when I saw the label - couldn't believe my eyes - or my luck!!!!!!!

That's incredible about your brooch - congrats! Can I ask what make was it? Do you have any pics?!

Your story reminds me of this man who was on Oprah - he was in a Curio shop and picked a brooch out of a basket of mixed jewellery on the counter - he liked the look of it - turns out that the brooch is priceless (yes PRICELESS) as it contains an incredibly rare stone. Imagine.....

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
It was made by Paule Ingrand, a quite unknown female french artist. The brooch dates back to the 30s and I bought it because I liked it. It looked like some kind of fantasy deer with big rabbit ears and a funky tail and was made of a golden material. Can´t find any pictures of it unfortunately. After I found out what it´s worth I decided that I´d probably never wear it without panicing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925