Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Is that the chap who is selling some of his wife's collection....if so i agree...there have been some crackers up for sale....she must have a seperate room for all her handbags at home!

The necklace is stunning too.

Let us know how you get on with your saddles Lina!

Not sure, could be... it's certainly a seller with a lot of great bags over the last 6 months or so! That collection must be huuuge!!
My saddle shoes came today and I love them! I spent all day in them so now I have terrible blisters... they just need breaking in a bit and softening up! :)

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Bought this today -

http://www.wallis.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...ategoryId=&pageSize=100&refinements=category~[213583|209172]&noOfRefinements=1

I was sooooo excited as my size was out of stock on the internet then, on a WI trip today, I saw my size in the shop!

Very cute angeljenny, I looked at that sight and they had some great sundresses on sale although they called cotton sundresses prom dresses which I had a good chuckle at. I personally liked this one. Its half price UK gals!!!
wallisgreenpromsundress.jpg

Last edited:

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I love those ramekins Lolly, so stylish, i love the colour combos.

Lina - I'm glad you are happy with your saddles!

ps. I forgot to mention... I didn't get any free bobby socks :( ho hum! Still love the shoes, so doesn't really matter.

AngelJenny, I bought the same dress in the sale too! Good for my hols I reckoned.. :)
Land-o-LakesGal, that one's also smashing! Oh and they seem to call anything with a full skirt a prom dress over here!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
What no bobby socks! Bummer! As i may have said, i have only had impeccable service from him, but maybe as it is silly season with all the weekenders and do's he's rushed of his feet. Still as long as you are happy with your shoes tha's the main thing.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Here's some recent jewellery buys I've made on ebay!

I'm so in love with this vintage sterling silver umbrella brooch... think it's 30s.
safe_image.php

carved 40s earrings
safe_image.php

and a V for victory 40s bracelet!
safe_image.php

ps. Miss Sofia, he did send me the shoes really quickly and they're great, so I'm not going to worry about the socks... I actually buy mine from Morrisons! They sell little white bobby-type socks for £1 and they're great!

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Nice blouse, very wearable and as you said great with the cigarette pants.

Love the pink dress too! I have similar in cream with white beads instead of the flowers, (Mum's snaffled it haha, so at least i get to drool over yours)!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
What a stunning set of undies Chloe and even more stunning price.

Miss G - my Mum's not really into vintage per se, although she likes the fact i dress in a classic way. I always look out for things she may like, as rural France isn't great for shopping. She just liked the dress as it's such a lovely style and length for her and a classic shape. It's also double lined and the beading is lovely, which clinched the deal. I was going to keep it but it needed altering, so i gave her first dibs and she was thrilled to bits with it. I also got a stunning Harrods polka dot dress in the same lot, which was also too large and fitted her a treat, so she did well. But i know she is really pleased and you have to spoil your old Mum!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
We have a lovely designer perfumery round here and she had a repro silk set rather like yours, although it wasn't as cute of course! It was an eye watering £150 pounds so you had a great find there for eight dollars!

MissChloeCorville

Familiar Face
Wow! I know Miss Sofia. I used to work at a vintage clothing store and that set would have sold around $200.00!! I started going to that clothing shop where I found the set about a year ago , so they know my face. ;) That way they ll hold stuff for me! :) :) :) -CC

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Miss Sofia - you're so right - you can't go wrong with a sheath dress - I think it suits women of all ages (and you do have to spoil your old Mum!).

MissChloeCorville - thank you - and that is a beautiful lingerie set.....

swinggal

One Too Many
Finally got hold of some two-tone brown and white shoes for spring and summer wear. These will look great with flowing wide trousers and even casual dresses and shorts. These are from the 1940s and are almost like new...for a whole $19! I like the style of these because shoes with rounded toes always make feet look cute. Very Katherine Hepburn :)

484073164_o.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy