Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I fell in love with this dress the moment I saw it:

953-1122.jpg

The same could be said for this suit (I love the dress sleeves and apparently the detailing on the neckline of the jacket and dress is made from glass beads - can't wait to see it):

il_570xN_255638335.jpg

il_570xN_255592456.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
Finally got hold of some two-tone brown and white shoes for spring and summer wear. These will look great with flowing wide trousers and even casual dresses and shorts. These are from the 1940s and are almost like new...for a whole $19! I like the style of these because shoes with rounded toes always make feet look cute. Very Katherine Hepburn :)

484073164_o.jpg

Bought them on ebay. I have been collecting clothes, shoes, hats etc from the 30s and 40s for 15 years now (and art deco collectables). You could still find a lot more in local vintage shops 10 years ago than today. Most of my stuff comes from ebay now or the ocassional vintage fair. Bought some good stuff in LA last year too. I like making repro 30s stuff these days from old patterns.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Miss G - WOW! both the dress and the suit are divine! You are going to look absolutely smashing in those! That beaded neckline is fab!

Here's a 40s rayon crepe dress I won on ebay today. Wish I had a better photo.. but it's the only one from the listing I can copy across. The white belt isn't part of the dress. It's got nice button details and a slanted big pocket round one side, which I quite like (I have a thing for pockets on dresses!)

dress.jpg

bluesky2012

Banned
Finally got hold of some two-tone brown and white shoes for spring and summer wear. These will look great with flowing wide trousers and even casual dresses and shorts. These are from the 1940s and are almost like new...for a whole $19! I like the style of these because shoes with rounded toes always make feet look cute. Very Katherine Hepburn :)

484073164_o.jpg
looks cool stuff.

angeljenny

A-List Customer
On my holiday I wandered into a charity shop and bought 2 handbags and 2 hats. I don't know anything about them at all!! I don't own any actual vintage clothing.

bags001.jpg

bags002.jpg

One question though - what sort of purse would a lady have had? I was wondering about this as both handbags are rather small!

I also bought this dress from eBay:

bags004.jpg

Apparently it makes me look like a Catholic school girl - not sure if that is good or bad!

Plus a book called the Charm Encyclopaedic which is adorable.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I also bought this dress from eBay:

bags004.jpg

Apparently it makes me look like a Catholic school girl - not sure if that is good or bad!

Plus a book called the Charm Encyclopaedic which is adorable.[/QUOTE]

Be still my heart - love love the dress! Everything about it! I am a fan of the Catholic school girl look, or the schoolmarm look (sensible shoes, high necklines...) - so gets my "good" vote!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I went on a bit of a shopping bender yesterday :eek:

A navy faille Garay purse:

il_570xN_211178734.jpg

il_570xN_211178813.jpg

This red suit - the tag says that it was made by JS Wong, Room 201 Peninsula Hotel, Kowloon, Hong Kong - I checked and the hotel is still there and it looks fabulous:

il_570xN_235453481.jpg

il_570xN_235453465.jpg

I love the fabric of this two piece:

il_570xN_245964735.jpg

il_570xN_245931528.jpg

A Lanz dress:

il_570xN_255679412.jpg

il_570xN_255726271.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
Just bought a black 1920s silk velvet opera coat. Great price and in really good condition. Has a classic 20s shawl collar and shirred bell shaped sleeves. The lining is intact and is grey silk. I'll be wearing this to the Beaux Arts ball in 2 weeks. Such a classic piece. I can see myself wearing it a lot, even with modern clothing.

il_570xN215078804.jpg

il_570xN215077872.jpg

il_570xN215077850.jpg

wahine

Practically Family
Having moved to a new place, I get the chance to work on my long dreamed-of mid-century interior. *yay*

What I got so far:
For my kitchen a table (actually a living room table but I think it works for the kitchen almost as well)
two chairs which are supposedly from the 70s, but they'll do til I stumble on better ones,
a cupboard (need to reset some of the doors)

(sorry for the radio - I know it's totally anachronistic but I'm not the orthodox type and it was soo cute)

and several more or less useless but prrettty little things like these

For my living room, I already have a table, sofa and two matching easy chairs

Not even close to being done, but love "working" on it. :D

I also got these recently, the brown one faux but mint, the black one real leather but a bit worn off at the handle. Still I'm so happy I found it because I really was in need of a classic black purse that can go with pretty much any outfit

wahine

Practically Family
thanks!
All those tin cans are actually of no real use to me. The cigarette boxes I use for candy drops, only to justify the purchase :eek: (I don't really eat candy)
I'm in love with the little bowl and pretzel stick holder. Can't wait for my first party to really use them. Being a little anachronistic again, I'll combine them with a party mushroom and we're ready for the wingding :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy