Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
I went crazy and spent a lot (for me anyway) on this little number awhile ago:

e824_1.JPG

It's 1940's, light blue with brown velvet trim. I'm very excited for it, I love light blue and brown.

I GASPED when I saw this gorgeous dress. It's simply stunning. One of the prettiest dresses I've seen in a long time. Oh, please post pictures of you wearing it when you have a chance! I bet it looks wonderful on you!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
ladyk said:
and theres more.

308023181_e28a5ca166.jpg

I have no idea what vintage this is, and as its not arrived yet I can't judge any better from the materials, but its just so cute! I've not seen a scarf holder like this before, and its the logo for the band I work for too so I just had to have it.

308023182_11dc54388c.jpg

its just perfect, bakelite I believe and another wonderful bargain.

308025508_ea4ac5c961.jpg

308026708_be70ba2de6.jpg

This is just the most amazing resource. If you ladies are interested I'd be happy to scan it in for you? It has all sorts of great tips and patterns, including ->

308026706_f7624ecb17.jpg

how to turn your fellas suit into one for yourself.

308026711_17b31c0e15.jpg

308026709_96dac5bb73.jpg

This wasn't a bargain, but worth every penny. This seller has the most amazing hats... if money wasn't a concern I'd be buying pretty much everything she lists.

308026715_9e563d7de3.jpg

308026717_c2fe3f0284.jpg

But for every pricey item, there is always another of those bargains! I've always wanted a robe like this and it is even nicer in person. It cost only $9. My favourite price bracket!

another bargain,
308025499_00772a7ccb.jpg

Which I'm starting to be thankful for quite frankly, seeing these all down here makes me realise that I should probably bar myself from evilbay for a while, although my favourite item is up next (yup, I need three posts for all the pictures. sorry!)

"Evilbay"--too true! But what gorgeous pieces. I love the last dress the most. If you don't mind me asking--how much did you pay for it? It looks like it could have gone for a lot more money--like $80 or more and it looks like it is in pristine condition too!

Grace

Vendor
LOVE the ribbon knit suit and the black velvet dress. $11.50 is a total steal, you lucky girl!

I don't have a picture, but the other day at Penney's I bought the cutest shirt! It's a white cotton henley shirt with little red anchors all over it. I keep seeing it with a red pencil skirt and red baby dolls. It's so cute!

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
I am pleased to have won this skirt:
1895_1.JPG

I don't think it was a bargain, exactly, but sometimes you get what you pay for! I'm happy with it, especially because I've lacked a brown skirt in my warderobe for some time, and I love the styling on this. It fits like a glove too. Wearing it today with small-holed black fishnets (appropriate for the office) and a black vintage-style sweater--yes, this is an outfit I'd like to be wear should I happen to run into any old boyfriends, LOL.

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
Tough Cookie said:
1895_1.JPG

I don't think it was a bargain, exactly, but sometimes you get what you pay for! I'm happy with it, especially because I've lacked a brown skirt in my warderobe for some time, and I love the styling on this. It fits like a glove too. Wearing it today with small-holed black fishnets (appropriate for the office) and a black vintage-style sweater--yes, this is an outfit I'd like to be wear should I happen to run into any old boyfriends, LOL.
I was thinking of buying that skirt, but wasn't sure which size to go. I love the entire look of this skirt and it's a soft brown as well. The price kind of puts me off, but it's nice anyway.

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
jitterbugdoll said:
They still sell candy cigarettes--I pass them out when I work as a cigarette girl ;)

Love the two-piece set, Lauren--those are always fun!

I just bought another 40s coat--don't know why, since I hardly get to wear them in AZ :)
redmohair40scoat1.jpg

Plus a few hats:
berry.jpg

3697_12.JPG

I accidentally outbid my friend on this one (an auction which Lauren so kindly sent my way), so it may end up with her depending on who it looks best on lol

e040_12.JPG
I reconise that lady in the first pic! I've also won stuff off her as well. Got a nice black velvet 30's jacket.

Your items are quite lovely though.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Grace said:
LOVE the ribbon knit suit and the black velvet dress. $11.50 is a total steal, you lucky girl!

I don't have a picture, but the other day at Penney's I bought the cutest shirt! It's a white cotton henley shirt with little red anchors all over it. I keep seeing it with a red pencil skirt and red baby dolls. It's so cute!

Thanks! I am very stingy, so it's not luck so much as patience. The skirt adds a little more bulk then I'd like, but I do love the cape.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tough Cookie said:
1895_1.JPG

I love this skirt! Stop Staring, or a brand like it, makes one similar to it that I have been looking at for a while now. Just haven't taken the step to buying it yet, which is kind of funny because it's not like me to not buy something I like! Have fun wearing it, show all of those old boyfriends what they're missing!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24