Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Folly

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
Those are darling! I can never find little items like these, anywhere.
Congrats on your second e-bay purchase. Watch out, it can be addicting!

Thank you Daisy! As I go to the forties events with my husband who does the Navy uniform, I thought it would be nice to have a sweetheart brooch. I wanted the one on the left, but it was the pair or nothing. I got them through and the clasp was missing on the one I wanted :( He didn't state any such thing on the write up, just that the clasp (singular) was working, of course the one on the right did indeed have a working clasp :mad:

I get terribly involved with the process so I try not to!

ladyk

Familiar Face
Miss Dottie said:
"Evilbay"--too true! But what gorgeous pieces. I love the last dress the most. If you don't mind me asking--how much did you pay for it? It looks like it could have gone for a lot more money--like $80 or more and it looks like it is in pristine condition too!

It is pristine, and just heavenly. Unfortunately it is far too big for me, so back on ebay it will be going. The print is just wonderful too... it is hung in my wardrobe taunting me. I considered taking it in but it would just destroy the dress. It cost me about £11, so $23ish. If anyone is interested and has a 48" bust, please feel free to contact me.

I got this dress from the same seller for £1.70 ($4 ish)

23_1.JPG

Insane. Its just as lovely, with a really sweet slightly dropped waist. It will be great for next summer (which feels like a very long way off right now - London is freezing today!)

This is my latest aquisition. I have been trying to be good, but I'd have to have a heart of stone to resist this hat.

87ab_12.JPG

ladyk

Familiar Face
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I won this for $11.50!
rlrd1.jpg

That is just delicious, and that fabric, very unusual. What a find!

texasgirl said:
While home sick, I was able to snag this lovely dress, hope it fits! OK, so now all the dallas/ft worth loungers we need to get together so I can wear this beauty! Check the events we're trying to put something together.

dress.jpg

dress1-1.jpg

Oh that is beautiful, just look at that structure! gorgeous.

Miss Dottie said:
Oh here is a full scale picture.

It's just the thing for the cooler weather. As you know, I've been on the lookout for cozy warm vintage dresses.

2000070163555751126_rs.jpg

Ooh I have one not a million miles away from that, and I just live in it. Dresses like that are just so easy to wear everywhere I'd love dozens more like it. It would look grand with red shoes and accessories too... yum.

You ladies have been having grand old time of it recently! must.sit.on.hands.and.stay.away.from.ebay. lol

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Tough Cookie said:
I am pleased to have won this skirt:
1895_1.JPG

I don't think it was a bargain, exactly, but sometimes you get what you pay for! I'm happy with it, especially because I've lacked a brown skirt in my warderobe for some time, and I love the styling on this. It fits like a glove too. Wearing it today with small-holed black fishnets (appropriate for the office) and a black vintage-style sweater--yes, this is an outfit I'd like to be wear should I happen to run into any old boyfriends, LOL.

I have this in the Cranberry, it's lovely isn't it! I foolishly wore it to my Christmas dinner the other day, well perhaps not so foolishly as I couldn't finish my dinner because it became so tight I couldn't fit anything else in it! lol It does not give a millimetre on the waist and I was most uncomfortable afterwards haha. But perhaps a good choice to avoid overeating!

I wish wish wish they'd do it in black. I am tempted by the brown but would have very little to wear it with.

GOK

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
I love this skirt! Stop Staring, or a brand like it, makes one similar to it that I have been looking at for a while now. Just haven't taken the step to buying it yet, which is kind of funny because it's not like me to not buy something I like! Have fun wearing it, show all of those old boyfriends what they're missing!!:)

I think that is the one you're thinking of, Daisy - that's Bernie modelling it! I wouldn't mind betting those faux furs are from Coquette too. :D

Great skirt, TC - I bet it looks really swanky on you!

My latest hat arrived today and I am so, so pleased with it. It looks absolutely perfect on. These photos don't make it look half as fab as it is IRL (I'd take my own but I appear to have tidied my camera away!!);

6154_1.jpg
6309_1.jpg

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Fleur De Guerre said:
I have this in the Cranberry, it's lovely isn't it! I foolishly wore it to my Christmas dinner the other day, well perhaps not so foolishly as I couldn't finish my dinner because it became so tight I couldn't fit anything else in it! lol It does not give a millimetre on the waist and I was most uncomfortable afterwards haha. But perhaps a good choice to avoid overeating!

I wish wish wish they'd do it in black. I am tempted by the brown but would have very little to wear it with.

Bugger - I didn't realise it was non stretch! I think it may be too tight for me now. Not ANOTHER failed purchase? :rage:

I am a 31 inc waist and it is size at a 30 but says this ' This classic styled skirt is made out of 97% poly and 3% lycra. (on the thinner side as compared with gabardine yet still very sturdy & stretchy)'

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
It is stretch, same as most ss dresses, but not at the waistband, it's button close and doesn't really give. I have in medium so 28 and my waist is 27 (prob 28 now after several big Christmas lunches!) but it was snug from the get-go. It might well be fine though, so don't despair! If it's too tight, get a girdle! (I'm going to haha)

KaitlynDawn

New in Town
ladyk said:
It is pristine, and just heavenly. Unfortunately it is far too big for me, so back on ebay it will be going. The print is just wonderful too... it is hung in my wardrobe taunting me. I considered taking it in but it would just destroy the dress. It cost me about £11, so $23ish. If anyone is interested and has a 48" bust, please feel free to contact me.

Ladyk, I can't PM you, but I'm interested in that dress! Can you email me at kaitlyndawn@hotmail.com? Thanks!

Kaitlynn

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
GOK said:
I think that is the one you're thinking of, Daisy - that's Bernie modelling it! I wouldn't mind betting those faux furs are from Coquette too. :D

Great skirt, TC - I bet it looks really swanky on you!

My latest hat arrived today and I am so, so pleased with it. It looks absolutely perfect on. These photos don't make it look half as fab as it is IRL (I'd take my own but I appear to have tidied my camera away!!);

6154_1.jpg
6309_1.jpg
This hat + you = My Gal Friday!
Oh. My. God. This is a *gorgeous* hat, and I know it will look absolutely perfect on you.

As it would on me. :D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
texasgirl said:
How about these? I thought they were super cute- kinda vintage-inspired.

6218-412318-p.jpg

Nordstrom's has shoes exactly like these one's....I was really suprised at how many vintage dress shoes they're carrying...they were a bit pricey though!

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Landgirl - I didn't click on your link, and didn't realize we got the same skirt, lol!

Now that it's been pointed out in Cranberry, I'm seriously tempted by that as well, now that I now how great the brown looks. I'm also pleased to see that I managed to pick up my brown skirt at a significant discount through the ebay auction, but that's more luck than I can usually count on.

When I wore it in the office (with a older workforce, mainly), I got several "My sister had a skirt *exactly like that* back in the 50's!" So that was nice validation. :)

It's definitely not stretchy in the waist, but I think that the button could be relocated at least half an inch out without making the skirt look odd. I hope it works for you.

You ladies and your hats have really whipped me up into a frenzy here! :eek:

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Tough Cookie said:
Landgirl - I didn't click on your link, and didn't realize we got the same skirt, lol!

Now that it's been pointed out in Cranberry, I'm seriously tempted by that as well, now that I now how great the brown looks. I'm also pleased to see that I managed to pick up my brown skirt at a significant discount through the ebay auction, but that's more luck than I can usually count on.

When I wore it in the office (with a older workforce, mainly), I got several "My sister had a skirt *exactly like that* back in the 50's!" So that was nice validation. :)

It's definitely not stretchy in the waist, but I think that the button could be relocated at least half an inch out without making the skirt look odd. I hope it works for you.

You ladies and your hats have really whipped me up into a frenzy here! :eek:

Thanks for the tip! I don't think I am going to receive it until after Christmas now - but I will be sure to let you know what it fits like!!!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
mysterygal said:
texasgirl said:
How about these? I thought they were super cute- kinda vintage-inspired.

6218-412318-p.jpg

Nordstrom's has shoes exactly like these one's....I was really suprised at how many vintage dress shoes they're carrying...they were a bit pricey though!

I'm in love! What cute shoes! (running over to nordstroms.com...)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
So many lovely purchases!!! I couldn´t resist to get another pattern book... Usually I´m not really a fan of the 20s, but this one I couldn´t resist... :rolleyes:

0785_1.JPG

0805_1.JPG

It says it has 115 Basic-Patterns in it and I got it rather cheap so I´m all exited and waiting for it´s arrival :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24