Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Athena

New in Town
1950's Johnathan Logan Dress with rosebud embroidery:
1.png

2.png

3.png

Black A-Line Bow Shelf Bust Dress:
1-1.png

2-1.png

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer

Lucky Miss! This dress is a stunner- I'm tremendously envious! I adore the fact you can change the tie and belt to suit ones mood or colour scheme. For me this is 1930's perfection personified in one dress. Like a bit of linen me- far more classy than the baked bean coloured linen dress I'm making at the mo!:D

Tups x

Athena

New in Town
Miss Sis - that dress is gorgeous - I love the detail at the waist!

Athena - Welcome to the FL! Those are two honeys - the black one is so chic - you'll have it forever!

Thanks for the warm welcome :) I'm thrilled to finally be able to discuss what I love most with ladies who do too.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Lovely finds in here lately! Miss G, that deco dresser set is just "swoon"-worthy. I've been keeping an eye out for a dresser set that just "speaks" to me so I'm green with envy over yours!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lucky Miss! This dress is a stunner- I'm tremendously envious! I adore the fact you can change the tie and belt to suit ones mood or colour scheme. For me this is 1930's perfection personified in one dress. Like a bit of linen me- far more classy than the baked bean coloured linen dress I'm making at the mo!:D

Tups x

Thanks Miss T. I already have some other linen pieces that I should be able to mix and match with this. I like clothing that you can do that with - change it by wearing different accessories. I often choose things that are a single solid colour so I can swop things about.

I would like to start a thread with this in mind, but it's having the time and a willing photographer, of which I have neither! I have a number of outfits where the main part is the same and I'd like to show how different you can make it look with different accessories. Magazines used to give a lot of pages over to this sort of thing, athough, of course, it actually makes much more sense to have one really good set of accessories and say four dresses to wear with it!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lovely finds in here lately! Miss G, that deco dresser set is just "swoon"-worthy. I've been keeping an eye out for a dresser set that just "speaks" to me so I'm green with envy over yours!

Thank you! I just hope it arrives in one piece! Best of luck in finding your dream dresser set!

Oh Lala - those are beautiful - the cape is something else - so glam! Any idea what decade its from?

Oh lala!

New in Town
Miss Golightly The seller wrote that the coat is from the 1940s, but, I think it looks like more from the 1950s.

And I have just bought this other coat:

il_570xN.324063408.jpg

I have a thing for coats :eek:

Now, I just need a long trench coat and a swing coat for winter.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
hehe, I seem to have a thing for coats too! I think I have about 14 (all vintage 30's/40's)! Cripes I've just scared myself- no more coats for me I think, but then again, what can you do when they are so lovely, hey!

Oh lala!

New in Town
Eheh! I hope I will really stop buying coats when I get a trench coat and a swing coat, but as you said it's difficult to resist! ;)

WineGuy

A-List Customer
A man's job?

dress1.png

Early 1950's I'm told. One of a kind custom made...no brand, champagne rayon upper blouse and black silk.

Shoes1.png

Lace Manolo Blahnik's

Clutch.png

Black lace over champagne clutch(Amazon.com not ebay)

Can a guy post to this thread or is it just a gal thing? Last November my wife and I were invited to a wedding in Manhattan that I knew was going to be attended by wealthy elites(which we are not) and given that I could not afford to buy my wife "couture" I set out to do what I do best...find gems on ebay. I put together an ensemble for her that we both loved and I think made her the most fashionable woman there(yes I'm biased, but she really looked great) It was a lot of fun for me and a learning experience, how many guys do you know that actually knows what a "crinoline" is(rephrase: straight guys). Anyway, I'm fishing for a compliment from the ladies...did I do good?

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Wineguy, you bought that without your wife's opinion?? May I please coordinate a time you could meet my husband so you might rub elbows with him? ;) Not that I'm completely bashing him, he buys me clothes, just doesn't like to do it unless he knows I like it (which usually means me seeing it first). Well done!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Oh Lala! & Miss Tuppence - I'm the same as you ladies - I have such a coat addiction - for a laugh I just went and counted how many I have - it's 32! I seriously have no where to put my vintage clothing so I'm going to give buying a rest for a while and see what I have (too much some may say!). This was my last purchase (for now!) - another Cover Girl of Miami dress:

il_570xN_209783968.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points