Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

maisie

Practically Family
That playsuit is so cute! And what a great price too!!

I got a little white two piece tennis dress and 'modesty' bloomers off ebay for about $12, and it is so cute! Its funny as the dress comes to just above the knee (about the same length, if not longer, than today's styles!!) Yet is was only 'apporiate' for sport!! But I suppose that is what I like about the 30's & 40's fashions they look very 'proper' (if you know what I mean!:rolleyes: ) and pretty, and very girly! Even the trouser suits look very feminine!!

The tennis suit!
df_1_b1.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
Here's a couple of pics of a couple of my lastest purchases!! I adore the yellow 30's dress, you hardly ever find nice 30's day dress (they were often restyled during the 40's due to the war) and I love the colour yellow! And the brooch is so cute I'm thinking it will go well with a white or blue suit, very patriotic!!:)
ef_11.jpg
df_11.jpg
broochred1.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
Here's some more::rolleyes:

35_12.jpg
93_11.jpg
cf_11.jpg
ag_11.jpg

I love the wedges they were Old New Stock and in FAB condition! It was one of the those ebay items that you are willing to pay that little bit extra for and the end price is really reasonable!!:)

Trickeration

Practically Family
It popped into my head to check out bowling shirts on ebay today, and this is what I found (and bought :rolleyes: ). Great for that Fedora Lounge bowling night Matt Deckard keeps talking about. Or just to wear with vintage levi's. Sorry the pics came out so small. There's a lady bowler on the collar and a ball and pins on the pocket. Trix :)
bowling18qr.th.jpg
bowling24gl.th.jpg
bowling31gj.th.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I know it's not clothing, but I got this cute little frame from ebay for $2.99
3e_1.JPG

I am starting to fall in love with this illustration style. Does anyone know what it's called?

birdiepie

New in Town
I don't think the style that your print is in has a specific name, but probably has several different labels to describe it's influences (art nouveau, art deco, birmingham school, arts and crafts perhaps?). You might want to google: Kay Nielsen, Jesse Wilcox Smith, Aubrey Beardsley, Edmund Dulac, Windsor McKay, or Katherine Sturges Dodge.

MissQueenie

Practically Family
birdiepie said:
I don't think the style that your print is in has a specific name, but probably has several different labels to describe it's influences (art nouveau, art deco, birmingham school, arts and crafts perhaps?). You might want to google: Kay Nielsen, Jesse Wilcox Smith, Aubrey Beardsley, Edmund Dulac, Windsor McKay, or Katherine Sturges Dodge.

Also Erte.

I love the colors! It's just darling.

Lauren

Thanks, guys! I'll try that out. I have another little cutie that's a chinese guy sitting on a hill with a little poem behind him. The style is just so cute!

maisie

Practically Family
It's very unusual and unique, yet very pretty! Definatly not something you would find today!!:rolleyes:

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MissQueenie said:
Also Erte.

I love the colors! It's just darling.

That is great! And very much influenced by Erte. I have many books on the subject since I recently acquired an Erte statue from my late Grandfather. One book is a comparison of his bronze works with the clothing of the early 20th century, the book itself is so beautiful we have it on display next to the statue. There are some great books offered on the subject of his works, if anyone is interested. Lauren, you have excellent taste.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Daisy Buchanan said:
That is great! And very much influenced by Erte. I have many books on the subject since I recently acquired an Erte statue from my late Grandfather. One book is a comparison of his bronze works with the clothing of the early 20th century, the book itself is so beautiful we have it on display next to the statue. There are some great books offered on the subject of his works, if anyone is interested. Lauren, you have excellent taste.

Oh wow! I'm so jealous! There was a gallery in SF recently with a show of Erte's statues and prints, and they were stunning. Apparently they are opening an Erte-themed hotel in Vegas sometime soon... (Though that may have gone the way of many things.)

BV

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BettyValentine said:
Oh wow! I'm so jealous! There was a gallery in SF recently with a show of Erte's statues and prints, and they were stunning. Apparently they are opening an Erte-themed hotel in Vegas sometime soon... (Though that may have gone the way of many things.)

BV
It was a nice surprise. The circumstances were glum, and I wasn't sure if I would actually come into possession of it. Hemingway Jones and I were just on a Royal Caribbean cruise, and the ship had two of his bronze statues. I also heard about the Vegas hotel, sounds like it would be a lot of fun to stay at, and if staying there would be a great excuse to dress vintage the entire time. Come to think of it, would be a great place for the FL to have a meeting.

Lauren

I'm home sick today, which gives me even more of an oppurtunity to hunt for things online (bad me!). I got these two cute little patterns with very good buy-it-now prices:
39_1.JPG

this one was $8.99
44_1.JPG

and this one was $6.00 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner