Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

decodoll

Practically Family
Lauren Henline said:
Thanks! I love it too! I need to go get some good white linen so I can compete with the boys' Palm Beach suits ;)

Decodoll, beautiful taste, as ever!

Thanks, Lauren. I love your new jacket patten too. :) I was having trouble posting that last reply, but one of my attempts said that as well. I can't wait to see it made up in the At Home Repros thread.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I saw this one on Trix in person... Suits you very well... it's you!
pict17485pp.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lauren, Thanks for the thrift store advice. I've been trying to find some good ones in the city, but it looks like there are more of them out towards the suburbs. But I seem to be doing fine with e-bay. Here are are some pics of 4 dresses that I recently won. I really love the orange tafetta, it looks a lot prettier in person. Hemingway Jones and I are going to a fundraiser for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation in March, so I'm really looking forward to wearing it. On another note, tonight I went to pick up dinner at a little Mexican restaraunt. I was dressed vintage, and as I walked into the little place I heard a girl say " I can't believe how the 1930's is the style to dress this season", she then looked up and saw me, and said "wow, that's wierd". Well, I thought it was funny, she was kind of spooked!
Anyway, let me know what you all think of these dresses.
Have a great evening
Daisy

Daisy Buchanan

I just won this on e-bay. I've been watching it for a while, and really fell in love with it. I won it with one second left, and only by a couple of dollars. Hmmm, what would I have done if my max bid was 5 dollars lower?? Anyway, now I don't know which to wear to the fundraiser I am going to in March. This one or the burnt orange 2 piece in the previous post. I'm concerned that this one may be too summery for March. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm definitely going vintage because all of my doctors know that I do this but never get to see me dressed up, besides, it's fun! Well, let me know what you gals think. Your suggestions are appreciated:cheers1:

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Daisy, I'd pair it with a little green cardigan. It would make it a little more modern, but make it more spring-like as well! Maybe couple it with a cute vintage brooch on the cardigan to make it a little more dressy.

Daisy Buchanan

OK, so I've been doing a little too well on e-bay. This is what happens when your sick in bed, and bored out of your skull. Hemingway Jones is amazed that although bed-ridden, I can still shop. So these are my latest wins. I really love the shoes. It's been difficult finding shoes in my size, and there is some fierce competition out there for them, so I was pretty happy when I one them. I think the blue outfit is more 50's but I'm not sure. But, I have suits, and pencil skirts to wear on cold days, there was something comforting about this outfit. And, the price was right.

Daisy Buchanan

OK, this should be the last of it. Boredom has gotten the better of me and I've started to take pictures of all my purchases, to make a catalog just in case I decide to ever sell some of it.
Anyway, I love this Blue Velvet 2 piece outfit. The skirt has a nice flare to it, great for twirling on the dance floor. It is belted in the back. As for the shoes, they are the most comfortable pair of vintage shoes I own. Unfortunately they are kind of dirty. I have cleaned them with mild soap and water, but it didn't do much good. I'm too scared to try anything more abrasive. But, I still wear them. They look good from afar.

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
Daisy-
I have the EXACT same pair of black shoes in the picture you posted! They're cute and comfortable, the low heel doesn't hurt my back either!

Trickeration

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments on the jacket gals (and Matt Deckard;) ). I'd been looking for one for ages, but they never seemed to fit right. I was so happy to finally find one. Dick Jane and Spike is the best shop! I envy Lauren for being close enough to check in there so often. If you get a chance to go there with her, jump on it.

Daisy-Buying a car on ebay seems to work best when you're looking for something specific. Especially vintage cars or others that you know you may be working on or modifing. Our Vanagon was something we were kind of looking for, and expected that, as all VW's, it would have it's quirks. We were sold on it though, when we found that it had the conversion we'd been reading about. It has Subaru Legacy engine. It gives it more horsepower and much better mpg. It's about $5000 to do the conversion, so we knew that the van had been well taken care of. We sent the guy a little extra $$ and he made sure it was rode ready for the trip home. It's been great ever since. We bought it in 2002. I think it's a matter of really knowing the car you want to buy, and getting to know/feeling good about, the seller. I'd do it again.

Back to purchases, my daughter posed in full pin-up style to share this playsuit with you all. She bought it this fall at Jan's Antique Mall in Long Beach for $35. We'd been watching it gather dust there for over a year and finally had to give it a good home. I wish it fit me :rolleyes: . Oh well, I'm glad she likes vintage stuff anyway. Trix
pict17934nd.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

Trickeration, Thanks for the car buying advice. My dad was looking for something specific, and he found it of course on e-bay. He's always lecturing me about my vintage purchases. But he's buying vintage cars and I'm buying vintage dresses. Parents, they can be so silly!
Your daughter looks adorable in the play suit. I just purchased a one piece on e-bay. I'm sure I'll post it, but probably while it's on the hangar! I'm just not bold enough to pose for a picture while in it.
To everyone who complemented my purchases, Thank You. I am still new to this and have some trouble with my purchases, so it's always great to get feedback on what I have purchased.
Lauren, the Blue outfit was BIN, one of those things that the seller just didn't know what she had. I love it too, it fits as though made for me. I'm sure I'll bring it with me to the QM. It's really funny that I'm already planning my wardrobe for next falls event. It can come up quite fast and I want to be prepared.
Thanks again,
Daisy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner