Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Kate O Potato said:
At my new school, the rule is that you have to wear a jacket for all assemblies, official events, parents evenings etc. Having got fed up of the same black jacket twice a week, I've just bought myself this velvet number from Cath Kidston. I think it's smashing...

291323.jpg

That's a beauty - lovely colour!

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
I've been very good lately and not spending (as much!) so I've only purchased 2 new items: First up is this red wool hat with black velvet bow trim that I bought in Florence
IMAG0043.jpg

And then this burgandy velvet skirt that I picked up in Oxfam. Not sure what period it's from, and I suspect it's handmade (but then again I could be wrong)
IMAG0042.jpg

Sorry for the poor lighting in the second pic...it really doesn't do any justice for the colour of the skirt!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
OneandOnly - great items - the hat will be particularly fabulous on you with your colouring!

I went a bit mad in the shops yesterday but justify my spending as the items were all on sale!

This cardi from Oasis:

OasisCardi.jpg

Sadly Laura Ashley is closing down on Grafton Street so all homewares and clothing are currently half price - I had been eyeing this cardi but wasn't prepared to pay the full price for it - love Laura Ashley but sometimes the prices are just a bit too much:

LauraAshleyCardi.jpg

And this leopard print skirt:

LeopardPrintSkirt.jpg

This skirt from Etsy:

GreenSkirt.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Can everyone, (especially Miss G), stop posting such lovely items please, or else i will have to show you my latest purchase of some smelling salts and a fainting couch! Too much lovely stuff!! ;)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Miss sofia said:
Can everyone, (especially Miss G), stop posting such lovely items please, or else i will have to show you my latest purchase of some smelling salts and a fainting couch! Too much lovely stuff!! ;)

Thank you Miss Sofia! I think I'm really going to have to avoid Etsy for the next while - it's all just too easy - a few clicks and you have instant access to so many beautiful things!!!!!!

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
Miss Golightly - thank you for the compliment! And I have to agree with Miss Sofia...you really do purchase such amazing and gorgeous items!

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
Ladies I just bought my first Horrockses dress! Just won it on ebay for 30euro (with shipping!) and I can't wait for it to arrive! Will post pics soon! Its black wool and looks perfect for winter :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thank you OneAndOnly and congratulations on your first Horrockses dress - can't wait to see a photo of it (you got it for a steal - nice one!)!

Foofoogal (fellow emerald green lover!) - thank you!;)

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
Here is a very recent purchase. I lucked out and found it in the clearance rack of a vintage store for only $20! Please excuse my little man. He insisted on being in the shot. lol
IMG_6252.jpg

MissElainey

Familiar Face
Just paid for this...

Woohoo! I just won this for $13 on ebay! (snagged the photo, I'm not linking to the auction.)
hats_010.jpg

It'll go great with my brown skirt and white shirt. Now, should I bid on the brown blazer of a slightly different shade, or the rust colored one?

SheBear74

Practically Family
I guess I can post this here. It's a Singer 338 from 1964, I am just over the moon that I found this! It was 15.99 at the Goodwill! I brought it home to find that it came with 13 feet, 5 stitch discs the manual and power cord! I wiped it down and ran some thread through it and it works!!! Can you tell I am excited??? lol

33618_1635255448059_1436903181_1698239_5531081_n.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
SheBear74 said:
I guess I can post this here. It's a Singer 338 from 1964, I am just over the moon that I found this! It was 15.99 at the Goodwill! I brought it home to find that it came with 13 feet, 5 stitch discs the manual and power cord! I wiped it down and ran some thread through it and it works!!! Can you tell I am excited??? lol

33618_1635255448059_1436903181_1698239_5531081_n.jpg

Oh that's lovely, i just missed getting a similar one at the charity shop, some guy just nipped in before me and took it for the parts, damn! Good find!

shepkatt

Familiar Face
I had been coveting this coat for days.. I finally just broke down and bought it.. can't wait until it arrives..

392418057.jpg

And this suit was perfect! I hope I love it as much on me as I do in the picture..

392418058.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael