Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day... I am anxious to use it, but I need to get a pad and cover first. I bet it's going to be a delight to use!

Tatum... I was excited enough that it was wood and $15, but with that fancy decal (never seen that before, didn't know they looked like that.) I was "ironed over".

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
il_fullxfull.236558921.jpg

Beautiful purchases! This thread is dangerous, it makes me want to shop.
I just splurged on this (sorry the picture is huge)...I can't wait until it arrives. Its a Cole of California dress, and I love this brand. The way the top is constructed like a swimsuit with the smocking and boning is so flattering.

*Gasp!* Gorgeous dress - and I have to agree with you - Cole of California is a fantastic label.....

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Ah what great finds all of you!! I'm jealous of each and every one of them! I've had some luck at the vintage stores in Stockholm this week, but I'll have to wait until I get home again to show you some pics! I got a 50s straw box bag, a 40s rayon dress and a 50s cotton day dress. super! :)

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
ok, I admit it.. I have bought a couple of things on ebay as well.

these cute swing dancing shoes! (new, not vintage)
safe_image.php

and this linen dress from the 80s with a bit of a 40s look to it. In hindsight I'm wondering if it'll look frumpy...? But I had a bit of a tropical print obsession for a while and that's why I bought it! :D It was only £4.99.
safe_image.php

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
I bought these vintage British Railways buttons a while back and keep forgetting to share them. I'd date them to the sixties at the latest; probably earlier.

IMG_0918copy.jpg

I've also just won this Swirl (my third) and a new Vogue knitting book to add to my collection. There were some really rare ones on Ebay yesterday but they all went for a ridiculously high price :(

Screenshot2011-04-22at162613.png

Screenshot2011-04-25at141221.png

D

Deleted member 12480

Oh Kate, I envy you. Now I finally have some money, swirls are nowhere to be seen. le sigh. xx

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thanks CherryLips - I think there is a small crinoline underneath it too - and apparently it has some kind of hook thingy so you can make the waist smaller - I'm curious to see the make up of this dress.

kitfrances

New in Town
I bought this beautiful gown yesterday. I think it's late 40's/early 50's? I'm chuffed with it! Now I just need somewhere to wear it...

P4300221-1.jpg

Here is the fabric more true to colour:
P4300238.jpg

I think it's a cut velvet on silk? I'm sure it would have had a lovely drape, but it was dry-cleaned right before I bought it and the fabric has gone all stiff and crinkly. Is this a common occurrence? Is there a way to gently restore the fabric to it's suppler original state?

Tatum

Practically Family
I bought this beautiful gown yesterday. I think it's late 40's/early 50's? I'm chuffed with it! Now I just need somewhere to wear it...

P4300221-1.jpg

Here is the fabric more true to colour:
P4300238.jpg

I think it's a cut velvet on silk? I'm sure it would have had a lovely drape, but it was dry-cleaned right before I bought it and the fabric has gone all stiff and crinkly. Is this a common occurrence? Is there a way to gently restore the fabric to it's suppler original state?

It looks like velvet burnout, which I LOVE. So pretty, great find! You might try steaming it, I have had good results steaming velvet. I inherited my grandmother's black velvet opera cape, which had been stored wadded up in a pillowcase (thanks Mom, but she knows better now), and took a few hours and carefully steamed it. You just have to be gentle. Obviously, start somewhere inconspicuous. I hope you get to wear it somewhere soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo