Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I was watching that yellow dress Miss G, and umm-ing over whether to buy! I'm glad it's gone to someone more decisive :)

Aw thanks Kate - I just stumbled across it and really liked the colour and cut and it was on sale, so why not?! Won't get to wear it for a couple of months though but it'll be there for when the weather gets finer!

Cricket

Practically Family
Congrats on your wedding first of all Faith!!

And those ear rings are wonderful. I have been on a green kick here lately, and this post added to my fascination.

swinggal

One Too Many
Just scored two great pairs of shoes on ebay. One was advertised as 30s but they are definatley mid to late 20s. The others are green velvet from mid to late 40s. If either don't fit me, I will be selling them n my etsy store when it opens soon :)

526778287_tp.jpg
526771686_tp.jpg

Also won this amazing 1920s, beaded crepe dress. I love the panels at the front.

twen1jpg600.jpg
twen7jpg600.jpg

Last edited:

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
SwingGal, did you get that dress off Etsy? I wouldn't swear to it with 100 % accuracy, but I think that dress was in my favorites! Great minds think alike!

For the record, I had it in there as an "inspiration piece" to help me stay on my diet.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Two purchases and a gift. Another vintage blogger friend of mine got this vintage hat, but was too small for her head. It was a little tight on my noggin as well, but it'll do after I get my hair thinned (I hope). Today I also managed to buy a matching skirt:

skirt%2520and%2520hat.jpg

I also found a 2012 Gil Elvgren pin-up calendar to hang in the kitchen.

gilelvgrencalendar.jpg

Marzena

One of the Regulars
And I have just bought my very first ever PETTICOAT, black, double layer chiffon, yards and yards of fluff . Contrary to what I was told, does not itch or scratch my legs. I am totally in love . I had been a little worried how it was going to turn out - maybe it would make me look fat or frumpy, but no no no , it is spectacular!
Thank you Powder Room ladies, I got my notion on where to lok for it from you.

Mojito

One Too Many
As always, lovely finds! I particularly enjoy yours', Swingal, for obvious reasons! I always have shoe envy for those who can fit original 20s shoes - I've only ever found three pairs that fit me!

swinggal

One Too Many
As always, lovely finds! I particularly enjoy yours', Swingal, for obvious reasons! I always have shoe envy for those who can fit original 20s shoes - I've only ever found three pairs that fit me!

They were larger sizes too. 8.5 which is me, somtimes to 9 in vintage shoes. :) Whats size are you? I can keep a look out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner