Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Picture2-2.png

I'd been eyeing these on etsy for the longest.

LD

I LOVE these. Tom&Jerry was my favorite show as a kid.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Miss LaurieMarie - your curling iron looks a lot like my grandmothers one which my Mum gave to me the other week - this one is close to 100 years old:

My Mum tried to curl my hair with it when I was around 10 years old and she melted part of my fringe - it had to be cut off so I had a wonky fringe for quite some time!

Yikes! That's why I'll just be using this one for show.
Upon closer inspection, this one has rubber handles and it has MARCEL and REMIER stamped on it. Made in Germany.

It also came with some very very scary-looking thinning shears. They will also be 'display only'!
In my dream home I'll have a nice dressing table with all these on display *sigh*

Nomanolo

Familiar Face
il_570xN.256323557.jpg

I wish the belt was for sale also. Any ideas on how to make this summer dress suitable for fall?

I'd wear it with a cream white (faux)fur 3/4 jacket, a nice thin leather belt..... nude tights and cute lace-up shoes. To finish it off, some gorgeous gloves and a clutch!

image1xl.jpg

oasis-belts-leather-skinny-belt.jpg

Cream+Leather+Gloves+with+Embroidery.jpg

Clutch_leather_handbags_green.jpg

il_430xN.86096280.jpg

maristella

New in Town
I really, really want it too now, Lolly! Such a beautiful winter dress. When I get better at sewing I might attempt to make a similar one (like that's going to happen!!).

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
This dress is a little on the big side so I hope my tailor can do a job on it for me:

il_570xN_159771133.jpg

Samuel Winston Dress:

il_570xN_204296763.jpg

Cocktail Shaker:

il_570xN_276717067.jpg

This 1933 Chicago World Trade Fair vase:

il_570xN_275626771.jpg

And two sheets of music - I love the Art Deco artwork:

il_570xN_263663189.jpg

il_570xN_261517769.jpg

Cover Girl of Miami dress (I have three of their dresses now!):

il_570xN_276787199.jpg

Jannie

New in Town
A little time ago, I went to the seaside to relax, and in a thift shop in a nearby village I stumbled upon this skirt from the 50s: Brownish and warm – and regardles of it's modesty, I really like it and can't help wearing it all the time these days...!

Brown.jpg

BrownBack.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Oh no! Maybe this works?

226810_654187865118_701804_34428176_5658377_n.jpg

And it was only $50, with free shipping. Really reasonable and it turned out unbelievably well... she's very talented and it fits literally like a glove.

I got a skirt from her. It fits perfectly and her prices are really reasonable. I may have to get that blouse too. It is lovley.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I'm desperate for this skirt DPD but everywhere it's in the sale, they don't have my size! I am tempted to try the Small, but if it doesn't fit, I'll be very upset. I can't handle disappointment.
I had too send the small back but I measured the waist. It was about 27.5-27.75 inches. It was really easy to do the return with them. They shipped the larger size a day after they received my return.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I was hoping to try these Oliver Goldsmith sunglasses on before buying them but after trying to track them down in New York and Nice, France to no avail I took a chance buying them online - luckily the "Sophia" (named after La Loren and worn by Grace Kelly) suited me and I love them! There is no logo on the side of the shades which makes a nice change - I went for black with ivory sides:

og_sophia.jpg

Oliver Goldsmith famously made the sunglasses Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's and has now re-released them:

OliverGoldsmithManhattan.png

I am so tempted.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran