Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

lareine

A-List Customer
A purchase from last week that arrived today:
379086_10150344496341472_721366471_8673345_55533116_n.jpg

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
First Horrockses dress!!

Screen+shot+2011-10-29+at+19.54.45.png

I'm so upset; this dress arrived today with several stains and lots of stitching coming undone, despite being listed as "in excellent condition with no damage or stains". I'm asking the seller about a refund, because I don't think I'm good enough with a needle and thread to fix it. So this might be one for the "Show us what you purchased then returned" thread :(

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Kate - you've decided to keep it haven't you? I really hope it works out, because it's such a stunning dress! the print is really smashing!
DPD - I love that dress! Dressing it for autumn... I know this is stating the obvious, but I think it would look nice with a nice warm cashmere cardigan in a white/cream.

Here's my steal of the day!! .... A pair of re-mix open toe spectators! I won them on ebay for £24 incl postage!! I am still hopping up and down inside and I don't think I'll quite believe it until they arrive!!
So... peep toe wedges in autumn?? I think I'm going to wear them with tights/stockings regardless! :)

safe_image.php

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
On a brighter note, my lovely young man bought this mid-century revolving drinks cabinet for me at auction today. It has shelves and glass sliding screens at the front, then turns around to reveal the bottle compartment! Both sides have mirrored backs too, which is awesome :)

IMG00098-20111105-1325.jpg

IMG00097-20111105-1325.jpg

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
On a brighter note, my lovely young man bought this mid-century revolving drinks cabinet for me at auction today. It has shelves and glass sliding screens at the front, then turns around to reveal the bottle compartment! Both sides have mirrored backs too, which is awesome :)

IMG00098-20111105-1325.jpg

IMG00097-20111105-1325.jpg

Simply wow. I have never seen something like this before.

lareine

A-List Customer
I just purchased shoes the same as these:
190479426_full.jpg

I already know and trust this brand so they should fit. I'll find out in a few days when they turn up in the mail!

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
My co-worker loves going to auctions and he found me a vintage curling iron! There's no way I'm going to use it (I can't use modern ones for crying outoud) but it will be proudly put on display. AND only $2 :D

441979453.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Lareine, I have a friend who bought all the different colours in that range when Kumfs released them! She loves them and wears them all the time to Deco events. I think she mentioned they came out around the same time as the "King Kong" movie was filmed.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Kate - what a gorgeous cabinet - so unusual!

Miss LaurieMarie - your curling iron looks a lot like my grandmothers one which my Mum gave to me the other week - this one is close to 100 years old:

Image0450.jpg

My Mum tried to curl my hair with it when I was around 10 years old and she melted part of my fringe - it had to be cut off so I had a wonky fringe for quite some time!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
il_570xN.256323557.jpg

I wish the belt was for sale also. Any ideas on how to make this summer dress suitable for fall?

LOVE THIS! Beautiful dress - not sure how you could make it suitable for Autumn though (lovely belt - shame it's not included - I hate when they show you a great matching belt and don't include it in the sale!!!!!!)

lareine

A-List Customer
Lareine, I have a friend who bought all the different colours in that range when Kumfs released them! She loves them and wears them all the time to Deco events. I think she mentioned they came out around the same time as the "King Kong" movie was filmed.
That is really interesting to read! I haven't lived in New Zealand very long so I am not aware of all the different styles that Kumfs released before they became Ziera. I get very excited when I spot something interesting coming up on one of the auction sites :)

Edit: having just done a quick Google, I learned that, "The family-owned Kiwi company, Kumfs, made 330 pairs of shoes for the movie, particularly for the extras in the New York City scenes. And, says general manager retail Robin Boyce, because the [1930s style] shoes fit the retro fashion of the moment [2005], they were also produced as part of the winter collection and have sold well."

Last edited:

crwritt

One Too Many
Kate - what a gorgeous cabinet - so unusual!

Miss LaurieMarie - your curling iron looks a lot like my grandmothers one which my Mum gave to me the other week - this one is close to 100 years old:

Image0450.jpg

My Mum tried to curl my hair with it when I was around 10 years old and she melted part of my fringe - it had to be cut off so I had a wonky fringe for quite some time!

Too bad she decided to practice on the front of your hair, where it would show. Did she curl the rest of your hair or stop after that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy