Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I just ordered this from Liz Claiborne::D
pLIZ1-2796440v380.jpg

pLIZ1-2796440_lizclaiborne1_v380.jpg

pLIZ1-2796440_lizclaiborne2_v380.jpg

Oh, I'm in love with this darling little dress! Forgive me, but I may have to copy you in purchasing.

But I'll call you before I wear, just to make sure we aren't wearing it on the same day. Hee hee!;)

Miss Dottie said:
Oh, I'm in love with this darling little dress! Forgive me, but I may have to copy you in purchasing.

But I'll call you before I wear, just to make sure we aren't wearing it on the same day. Hee hee!;)

LOL! Somehow I doubt we'd bump into each other.;)

I have been bad. See what your shoe talk has made be do.....
8a_1.JPG

These will be my first vintage pair, thanks to a little advice from Decodoll.;)

magneto

Practically Family
Not very exciting...

...dull shoes, but I needed something to wear with dungarees (after I realized the red and blue saddle shoes I got last month will probably never make it out of the house)
15242418_tp.jpg

And two weeks ago I bought a ukulele! Yay! :)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Oh the pathos--all the tempting shoes you ladies post.

My size 10 canoes are crying in jealousy! whenever I do a search for vintage shoes size 10, I come up with some kooky platform bonanza of a shoe from 1978.

Off to Vintage Remix I go!

maisie

Practically Family
Today at the military show i bought a few;) gorgeous bits!!! One is a salmon coloured 40's bolero with navy trim, a blue dress that is the cutest thing ever, it has a patterned top in white and pink and then a skirt and sewn on braces in navy!!!:D Then i also got 2 hats one is a large black tippey hat and the other which was a total bargin was a tippy black felt hat with persian (curly lamb) trim!! I have been looking for one for ages to go with a black coat trimed with the same fur as well as a muff so it great!!!
I got all this today and the show doesn't properly start till tomorrow!!!!:D :D

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm shoe blue =-(

That Liz Claiborne dress is so cute. I've been seeing a lot of vintage inspired dresses in the new lines that came out this spring and summer.

As for shoes, I am so jealous of the collections you ladies have. I have a lot stacked against me when it comes to shoes. I have rheumatoid arthritis, an auto-immune disease that causes chronic inflammation. I have it in most of the joints in my body, but it is worst in my lower back, hips and feet/ankles. The longer I stay on my feet, the worse the pain and swelling get. So, comfy shoes are really important. It has gotten to the point that wearing heels is too painful. I get get away with a shorter, chunky heel or wedges, but they have to have some stretch in them to accomodate for my feet getting bigger as the day goes on. I keep ordering vintage shoes, in the hopes that I will finally find the one pair that is comfy. But I have yet to find that one pair.
I have been somewhat lucky in the modern shoe department. Wedges came back in style a few summers ago, so I stocked up. Enzo makes pretty comfy shoes, and their line this past season had a vintage flare to it.
I have had the best luck with Naturalizer. I got the cutest pair of t strap heels that have a cushioned instep and a rubber sole. I'll post some pictures of them, so I can get your opinions. I've been trying really hard to be period accurate, but it's not worth the pain. So when I see you at the QM, just don't look at the shoes!! Although, like I said, I have gotten a few good repros.
If anyone is looking for super comfy shoes, in which I think are some of the closest to vintage I've seen, check out the Naturalizer brand. Also, they have outlets at most outlet malls, and the prices are really low. I got four pairs of summer sandals for $60.
If anyone knows of another brand that have a soft instep and some stretch to them, I'd like to know about it.
Daisy

Daisy Buchanan

sorry to post three times in a row, but I was looking for a picture on line of the cute naturalizer t-strap heels I got, and when I went to their web site I saw that they were having a big sale. They have a few cute pairs of vintage looking shoes, so I thought I'd pass on the link http://www.naturalizer.com
I have to put comfort over style, which really stinks because I love shoes. This brand is the most comfortable shoe brand I have ever worn, but they also have shoes that are really cute too. It used to be that I had to settle for ugly shoes, thanks to this brand, I can now get a cute pair of heels, higher than I normally get, that are almost like wearing sneakers. I don't know about you, but especially when I travel I like to dress vintage. This brand is really easy to walk in, and I found lots of really cute pairs. Check them out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
sorry to post three times in a row, but I was looking for a picture on line of the cute naturalizer t-strap heels I got, and when I went to their web site I saw that they were having a big sale. They have a few cute pairs of vintage looking shoes, so I thought I'd pass on the link http://www.naturalizer.com
I have to put comfort over style, which really stinks because I love shoes. This brand is the most comfortable shoe brand I have ever worn, but they also have shoes that are really cute too. It used to be that I had to settle for ugly shoes, thanks to this brand, I can now get a cute pair of heels, higher than I normally get, that are almost like wearing sneakers. I don't know about you, but especially when I travel I like to dress vintage. This brand is really easy to walk in, and I found lots of really cute pairs. Check them out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

You should try Aerosoles as well, I can personally vouch for the Metinee style, even though it may not look it it is SO COMFY!!

http://store.aerosoles.com/escalate...f8c0014062e:050f8c0014062f:&prod=01b38032e47e

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
maisie said:
Today at the military show i bought a few;) gorgeous bits!!! One is a salmon coloured 40's bolero with navy trim, a blue dress that is the cutest thing ever, it has a patterned top in white and pink and then a skirt and sewn on braces in navy!!!:D Then i also got 2 hats one is a large black tippey hat and the other which was a total bargin was a tippy black felt hat with persian (curly lamb) trim!! I have been looking for one for ages to go with a black coat trimed with the same fur as well as a muff so it great!!!
I got all this today and the show doesn't properly start till tomorrow!!!!:D :D
Please post some pics I wasn't able to make it to this:) show, I hope you had a lovely time.

Carolie

This is my entire collection that I've bought over time.. b/c I'm poor (the good vintage shop here has prices up the wazoo), and Goodwill here hates me (80's stirrup pants, anyone?). Please excuse the wrinkles also. My mom packed them for moving without asking me what they were, so when I unpacked: BAM! wrinkles =( They also look better on than on a hanger so maybe one day I'll take pics on me in them :)

shirt1.jpg

dress2.jpg
dress5.jpg

dress4.jpg
dress1.jpg

dress3.jpg
dress6.jpg

dress7.jpg

*the coat dress is a dark green, and the back dress has a peach/pink underlay on the collar... yeah, my camera sucks -_- also, the black and white dress isn't vintage. it's from Lip Service lol.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I love the black and white one! So cute! Lip Service has some cute stuff- well, I haven't looked recently, but they sure used to!

Carolie

Lauren Henline said:
I love the black and white one! So cute! Lip Service has some cute stuff- well, I haven't looked recently, but they sure used to!

Thank you! Yes, Lip Service used to, which surprised me when I tried on the dress to see that it was made by them. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot