Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

magneto

Practically Family
Just a followup to the lovely ladies who posted nice things/questions about the blue suit I talked about getting upthread: I finally received it yesterday....and it has a "coat and suit industry / national recovery board" tag half hidden in the left side jacket seam...no 1980s suit here...whoohoo!!
:cheers1:

KAT

A-List Customer
Im in a shopping fever! Im starting to buy more stuff..since i sold most of my vintage stuff when i moved out here to CA.:( Thats my excuse to shop:rolleyes: ...
My dressing gown came in the mail on Tuesday..i just love it!

Sweater
dsp_img_1330.jpg

WOOL DRESS *no its not me modeling it hahah)

5d_1.JPG

ed_1.JPG

e1_1.JPG

and this beautiful flower headpiece!
2740.JPG

2740%20(5).JPG

2740%20(4).JPG

BTW..does anybody has pictures of somebody actual wearing a headpiece?
i think its not so common, compared to a hat?!

Rosie

One Too Many
Kat, I LOVE your headpiece. I'm looking for something like that now that the weather is cooler here. I watched St. Louis Blues yesterday and Ruby Dee had one like that. Also, I can't think of a picture off the top of my head but, I have seen ladies in movies wearing them from time to time.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Georgous stuff Kat and Raas the blouse is cute.

I was a little risky and crazy today and bought 10 patterns about that I don´t know how they look like...
9e_1.JPG

Anyway: 8 from 10 look vintage and it was such a good deal just paying 1,99 Euro. I hope it will feature some clothes I like preferably in my size... Otherwise I got to learn to alter it as soon as I have more pattern experience. For this price it was worth the risk I think. It´s not that much to lose [huh]

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol you are brave! I kind of did the same thing awhile back...my next door neighbor was having an estate sale. I guess she was an avid seamstress (wish I knew about that before she decided to go live in an assistant living building!) anyways, she had TONS of vintage patterns which she sold for .25 each. The only problem is that they are for a size 14, which I'm a size 3...I'm hoping that it won't matter!

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Nothing too exciting but I bought this pair of shoes which were listed as a size 5D. Do you know how hard it is to find small shoes in wide widths???
blackoxfords.jpg
I need a pair of oxfords anyway and I thought they were cute and look like they are in good condition.
Also bought this pair of gloves. I never saw gloves like these before and I'm not really sure if they are 40's or 50's. Definitely post war but I still thought they were cute and I'm a little red-obsessive.
Gloves.jpg

Rosie

One Too Many
Katydid and CherryRed, very nice shoes :eusa_clap . Katydid, maybe look for vintage Lane Bryant shoes or if you can find them vintage Roamans shoes, they catered to us ladies with wider feet.

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Rosie said:
Katydid and CherryRed, very nice shoes :eusa_clap . Katydid, maybe look for vintage Lane Bryant shoes or if you can find them vintage Roamans shoes, they catered to us ladies with wider feet.
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely be keeping a lookout!

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Bought these shoes for $2.50 at my favorite thrift store. The leather is so buttery soft and they fit like a glove. They still have the original price tag on the insole- that store is long gone.

100_1535.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ordered these dresses from "The Red Dress Shoppe" on line. They have a lot of cute vintage inspired clothes. I'm am very impressed with all of them, but the blue polka dot one and the black floral are exact copies, Hemingway Jones and a woman in a vintage shoppe thought that they were actually vintage. They are also incredibly comfortable and perfectly fit. It's sometimes difficult to find a perfect fitting vintage dress that needs no alterations. I got a very cute black jacket taken from a McCalls pattern as well as a black tweedy flared skirt. For some reason, I can't upload the pictures. The jacket is really cute, I dressed it up with a bakelite brooch, or rhinestones if I need something fancier. The skirt is nice. It will be a staple in my wardrobe this fall. The only thing I don't like about it is it has an uneven hemline, which makes it look a little too modern. Will look good with either a white blouse and a cardigan or black jacket or a tight cable knit turtleneck. I'm sure you all have visited this on line store before, but I'lll give you the link just in case you haven't seen it. They also have good sales, but unfortunately they don't get new products in all that often. http://www.reddressshoppe.com/index-old.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo