Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BeBopBaby said:
The lines around the edges of the dress are too straight. There's no depth between the dress and the models body - it looks flat like a dress on a paper doll. It has to be photoshopped - That's why everything looks so great on the model (no matter what size or style) and the dresses look so fantastic. They're all photoshopped!

Hm, so what do you think she does, have the model stand in several "stock poses" in her skivvies and then PS everything over her?

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Hm, so what do you think she does, have the model stand in several "stock poses" in her skivvies and then PS everything over her?

I could be wrong, but those pictures never look right to me and I can't figure out another explaination! They're just so artificial looking to me.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
no, they are not photoshopped. that is WAY too much work to photoshop. you can tell because there are shadows from her hands over the skirt and also the shadows on the wall match the skirt shape. you can also see shadows on her legs appropriate for the skirt length and her posture.

Miss_Bella_Hell

KittyT said:
no, they are not photoshopped. that is WAY too much work to photoshop. you can tell because there are shadows from her hands over the skirt and also the shadows on the wall match the skirt shape. you can also see shadows on her legs appropriate for the skirt length and her posture.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree. There is definitely a lot of pinning going on and maybe something making the lines of the skirt straight underneath, but I don't think it's digitally altered.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
How do you explain the fact that an extra small model can model XL dresses without the waist and the torso being too long? You would see where the fabric would have to be pinned up because it would bunch. You can pin the waist in the back and no one can see, but when you pin up length to make things shorter vertically, it would show in the front.

The shadows could be from the original dress and the new one is photoshopped over.

Am I the only one that thinks these pictures all look off or flat in some way?

Shearer

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Hey gals, I just got this Suzy Perette for $56. It's more than I usually spend but I have THREE weddings to go to this summer.

1175633678369_DSC_0039_edited.JPG

Ps this model really bugs me, maybe because when I see her I know I can't afford the dresses! This is pretty much a steal for this seller.

I've gotten two dresses from this seller and I don't think I'll be buying any more again. On both, the measurements were off... one by just a little, and that one was no big deal. The other dress I was swimming in and I will either try to get it tailored down for me or resell it as is - which is a shame because it was darling.

The other thing that bothered me was that she stated in both auctions that the items were worn, but minty. Specifically, it said "no holes, rips, stains, or tears." Well, I bought this dress (and I still love it death):

1176498162879_DSC_0019_edited.jpg

but the underskirt needs to be re-sewn... on at least three panels, the seam is coming apart by at least 6 inches. I'm easy-going, and that's not a huge fix (I've come to expect some fudging on auction item descriptions) so I let it slide.

As for the posing, I too can't stand that model. It's ALWAYS the same poses without fail. Seller states the items have been pinned if they don't fit properly, but who knows. I've seen a lot of her dresses go back on auction two or three times and I chalked it up to the fact that the VLV rush was over, but reading everyone else's comments, I'm starting to think people maybe cooling off of her. She has a few mutually withdrawn negative feedbacks...

But, all that said, Bella, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you cause that dress is just lovely!!

Shearer

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:
How do you explain the fact that an extra small model can model XL dresses without the waist and the torso being too long? You would see where the fabric would have to be pinned up because it would bunch. You can pin the waist in the back and no one can see, but when you pin up length to make things shorter vertically, it would show in the front.

The shadows could be from the original dress and the new one is photoshopped over.

Am I the only one that thinks these pictures all look off or flat in some way?

I'm mean, I want to blame the model and her stiff posing :D

Honestly though, I'm not sure. I have this picture with the same model that I saved after the auction was over (yes, I know that's really sad of me, but I fell in love with the shelf-bust and wanted to keep some reference in case I had a gown made one day :p ) and it looks like she's really inside the dress:
sb2.jpg

If it's photoshopped, I want to learn how and if it's not I want someone to please tell that girl not to be so cheesetastic in the posing lol

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Miss Bella, I hope your dress is in perfect condition too!

It's absolutely beautiful, and I think it would look smashing on a gal with dark hair. (like you!:) )

Miss_Bella_Hell

Shearer said:
I've gotten two dresses from this seller and I don't think I'll be buying any more again. On both, the measurements were off... one by just a little, and that one was no big deal. The other dress I was swimming in and I will either try to get it tailored down for me or resell it as is - which is a shame because it was darling.

The other thing that bothered me was that she stated in both auctions that the items were worn, but minty. Specifically, it said "no holes, rips, stains, or tears." Well, I bought this dress (and I still love it death):

1176498162879_DSC_0019_edited.jpg

but the underskirt needs to be re-sewn... on at least three panels, the seam is coming apart by at least 6 inches. I'm easy-going, and that's not a huge fix (I've come to expect some fudging on auction item descriptions) so I let it slide.

As for the posing, I too can't stand that model. It's ALWAYS the same poses without fail. Seller states the items have been pinned if they don't fit properly, but who knows. I've seen a lot of her dresses go back on auction two or three times and I chalked it up to the fact that the VLV rush was over, but reading everyone else's comments, I'm starting to think people maybe cooling off of her. She has a few mutually withdrawn negative feedbacks...

But, all that said, Bella, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you cause that dress is just lovely!!

Have you guys heard of toolhaus.org? You plug in the seller's name and you can read ALL their negative feedback without have to sort through thousands of positives. I always do this before I buy. With this seller I know that if it isn't exactly what she said she'll take a return to avoid negative feedback, so I'm not worried.

As for the model, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!

Shearer

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Have you guys heard of toolhaus.org? You plug in the seller's name and you can read ALL their negative feedback without have to sort through thousands of positives. I always do this before I buy. With this seller I know that if it isn't exactly what she said she'll take a return to avoid negative feedback, so I'm not worried.

As for the model, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!

Yup, I sorted through all her negative feedback was and that's why I did decide to go ahead and try to bid. I think I was a little disappointed because I spend a LOT of money on that dress and wasn't expecting the underskirt to be unraveling, but it's an easy fix.

Frankly, I'm surprised that everything from that era doesn't have red wine spilt all down the front lol

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
Vintage Find of the Day!

Ok I didn't take any pics but I just found a *MINT* vintage (not sure on the year but I'm not worried) 6 garter open bottom girdle at the Children's Hospital Thrift store for *drum roll please* 50 cents!!!! LOL...I am so excited!! I just tried it on with my *new* old stock pure silk 40's stockings and It is FABULOUS!! Can you tell I'm absolutely thrilled??? :)

Ok I'll calm down now....... LOL!

Miss_Bella_Hell

Shearer said:
Yup, I sorted through all her negative feedback was and that's why I did decide to go ahead and try to bid. I think I was a little disappointed because I spend a LOT of money on that dress and wasn't expecting the underskirt to be unraveling, but it's an easy fix.

Frankly, I'm surprised that everything from that era doesn't have red wine spilt all down the front lol

Maybe they all drank white ;)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry I missed all that business today about that seller. lol

Anyway, I'm have ex woes. Hopefully this will make me feel better:

2415_1.JPG

Kimberly

Practically Family
I did ok today thrifting.

The first thing I picked up was a vintage cashmere sweater from Scotland (I collect vintage cashmere sweaters so was happy I found this at such a good price.

cashmerecardigan.jpg

Second is a shirtwaist dress that looks as if it has never been worn.

bluedress.jpg

Lastly my favorite. A vintage Princess Charming purse. I am going to start using it immediately.

princesscharmingbag.jpg

Trixie

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Ps this model really bugs me, maybe because when I see her I know I can't afford the dresses! This is pretty much a steal for this seller.

I just really really really want her to have brown hair. :eek:fftopic: This seller has a two tone dress listed now that I'd LOVE but her dresses do go for a fortune! If it is photoshop I need to learn how to photoshop a model INTO my clothes. That seems to help a lot!

I meant to add I just won this cute little dickey. I have a yellow one and matching cuffs and they're great for changing the look of an outfit!

pink.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

Add me to the list of those annoyed with that model. and the seller too. It must be because, like many of you, I know when I see her the dress will be way too expensive[huh]
Shearer and Bella, both of your dresses are beautiful. I check out that seller a lot but have never bought from her. I heard through another lounger that this particular seller has been in trouble with ebay and even had her store shut down because of fake bidding. I can't remember the exact term for it, but she supposedly has friends bid on her auctions for her to raise the prices of her dresses. It wouldn't surprise me if she did this. She does get pretty things in, but she sets herself apart from other sellers by putting all her outfits on a thin model who is all dolled up. Would her dresses sell as high as they do if they were pictured hanging on a hangar or placed on a dummy? I don't know the stats on such things, but I imagine her creative advertising helps a lot. She does get some really pretty things in.

Everybody is getting such lovely items!
Shearer and Bella, your dresses are so lovely
Shearer, I saw that black shelf bust dress too. It sure was lovely. I hope you find one like it, for a reasonable price, someday.:)
Pink, your neew dress is so pretty too. I hope your boy problems work out soon. A few guys are driving me nuts at the moment, so I feel your pain!:(
Trixie that collar is adorable! What a great color:)
Kimberly, you really made out thrifting! The bag is great!
Really, all you ladies get such great things!
I think we all need to start a shoppers anonymous group. Well I guess it wouldn't be anonymous since we all know a bit about one another. But we all share the same problem, we are addicted to shopping!!!

I won two dresses tonight on ebay. The first one, a knit dress was a pretty fair price. I do hope it fits. The measurements seem small, but I emailed the seller and he said the measurements were taken without stretching, so hopefully it will stretch enough to fit my bust into it:eek: I never had trouble before fitting my top portion into dresses. I never really paid attention to bust measurements. But now, it's a must. I have no idea where I got this chest from. I do hope, now that I'm on a lower dose of steroids that I'll drop some of the massive amount of weight I gained, but I'm hoping my chest will stay. I've never had one before, it's nice to finally have something up there!!
I'm happy I won the yellow dress too. I was watching it all week. I love the color and the shape. I have nothing like it. It seems like the majority of my rayon dresses are black, so it's nice to finally have a bit of variety in my wardrobe:)

ee06_1_b.JPG

ef99_1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24