Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

decodoll

Practically Family
KittyT said:
nice that you'll be in our neck of the woods! Hopefully you'll be able to make it to the Boston FL meet-up, whenever it happens to get scheduled :)

Thanks! Yes..I would like to try. It would be great to meet everyone.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ok, last one for now. austin find #4 - 1940s day dress, metal side zipper, no tag inside. i think it's rayon, but i'm not sure. it has a slit in the front at the neckline, with a hook/eye closure and a sewn-on bow, and gather details at the shoulders and waist. the hem has been torn out and needs to be re-sewn. it also has self-fabric-covered shoulder pads that are just too big for my taste, so i may replace them with smaller ones. no belt loops, so i'm assuming there was no belt with it... or was it common for dresses like this to have belts? its possible that there were thread loops that are long gone. this dress came with a 1 1/2" wide sewn strip of fabric that would tie together - but it's too short to be a belt, unless it's just tied in a knot (not enough length for a bow). what do you gals think? is it likely a belt? or maybe a hair tie? $45.

OMG i am so in love with the pattern on this fabric that it hurts. that peachy color with the black/fuschia/turquoise!!!! i love patterns. it's got a few light stains, but the pattern completely hides them.

i made an effort to only buy stuff i can wear to work. i found lots of dressier stuff, but it's just of no value to me if it collects dust in the closet!!!

40sdaydress.jpg

40sdaydress-close.jpg

40sdaydress-waist.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow Kitty, those are all so beautiful!!! Now that the weather's finally getting nicer you'll get a lot of use out of them.

Yes Decodoll, New London is about an hour and a half from Boston. It is really a beautiful town, and centrally located so getting around is quite easy. You'll also be very close to Rhode Island, in particular the beaches there. I highly recommend a trip down there while the weather is nice. Narragansett this time of year is so beautiful!
Well, good luck with the move and just in case you don't have enough closet space in your new place you can always store your vintage clothes at my place. I promise I'll take very good care of them. Think of it like me babysitting for them. I'd take them for walks, to the movies, to dinner, all over town! They will be the happiest vintage clothes ever!! This offer for a vintage clothes sitter is ope to anybody who needs to make room in their closets.:D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I LIED! one more... while over at RaasAlHayya and Lee Lynch's house for dinner, during my recent business trip to Dallas, RaasAlHayya insisted on giving me this hat. it is darling - the first one i've ever owned! i think it's the hair - i've never had a hairstyle before that looked right with hats.

hat.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Kitty, those are such lovely finds! I am quite jealous. The hat looks especially cute with your hairstyle and color. You really pull off the black & blond look, not many people can!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Here is me in one of my new sun dresses... and apparently I am also in my Diana Ross wig. Hahaha I am kidding... don't know why my hair looks so big! :eusa_doh:
IM000988b.jpg

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Here is me in one of my new sun dresses... and apparently I am also in my Diana Ross wig. Hahaha I am kidding... don't know why my hair looks so big! :eusa_doh:
IM000988b.jpg

Where'd you find that!! It is so pretty on you. And I like your hair all big like that. Wish mine would just DO something!! I need you to come over and show me how to do these %$^&# rolls.....like today. HAHAHAHAHA

Daisy Buchanan

Thank you Sari and Imoldfashioned!! Imoldfashioned, you'll have to join myself, JBD, Kitty and the other New England Ladies for lunch and shopping. Keep your eye on the events section!
I have been going a bit nuts lately. Hemingway Jones has started naming the piles of clothing in my room after large mountains!!:eek: I really need to get a job. I think if I had something to do with my time I wouldn't constantly be searching ebay!!

Kitty congrats on your first hat. It looks lovely on you:)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Jenny... I got it online somewhere, but when I lost my computer I lost my favourite links. :( Boo!! Next time we get together I will show you how to do rolls.

Goldwyn Girl... Thank you very much. :)

JBD... I knew it looked familiar!! I couldn't think of where though! :eusa_doh: I have seen you wear your dress before! Well... looks like we can do those "twin" photos afterall!! Oh! And Tayva has the same dress as you! Except her's is tourquois instead of purple. It's a great pattern!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I remember Tayva wearing that dress before--it matches the turquoise Re-mix wedges perfectly. :)

Here are two more of my latest purchases--I am trying to behave because I already have too much stuff to move. ;)lol

I simply couldn't resist this darling doll hat:
47b7da07b3127cce8452771d8cf900000015108AatmbRq2ctP
47b7db22b3127cce84153cf3ca7700000015108AatmbRq2ctP

And this early 1940s plaid wool dress will be perfect for Boston:
47b7db22b3127cce84153899ca1f00000015108AatmbRq2ctP

Trixie

One of the Regulars
jitterbugdoll said:
I remember Tayva wearing that dress before--it matches the turquoise Re-mix wedges perfectly. :)

Here are two more of my latest purchases--I am trying to behave because I already have too much stuff to move. ;)lol

I simply couldn't resist this darling doll hat:
47b7da07b3127cce8452771d8cf900000015108AatmbRq2ctP
47b7db22b3127cce84153cf3ca7700000015108AatmbRq2ctP

And this early 1940s plaid wool dress will be perfect for Boston:
47b7db22b3127cce84153899ca1f00000015108AatmbRq2ctP

Oh that suit is absolutely amazing!!! I love it!

Daisy Buchanan

Great finds JBD! I really like the suit. You're right it will be perfect for Boston. I really like the color combination of it. I really like suits, you should post a picture of your new brown what, that's an amazing find too! And how strange that the 2 ladies from Arizona have twin dresses!

I don't mean to make people frustrate by bringing up our favorite seller again. But Timelessvixen is back. I was looking at a couple of her auctions that already have quite a few bids even though they aren't up for at least a day. If you look at the feedback of the people who are bidding you will see that at least half of them, if not more, have feedback ratings from the same sellers. Every so often I will look at the feedback of others to see where they are buying from. This is a good way to find out about vintage sellers that I didn't already know about. Now I know, people who collect vintage will more than likely buy from the same sellers. Maybe I'm reading into things because I know this seller can be a bit of a scammer, but there's just something up with the people placing the bids. Also, I recognized 2 of the dresses she has for sale, that she is advertising as "no flaws", were recently sold by other sellers with and they were not flawless. Maybe she fixes them up and makes them perfect. But, she should be disclosing any flaws that have been fixed. ARGH!! This woman drives me nuts!!! I don't see how she is still allowed to sell, especially since she has been caught doing so many wrong things!:eusa_doh: [huh]

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Kimberly that dress is lovely. I have one very similar to it. I'm gonna have to take a drive to Worcester, check out some of my old stomping grounds from my Clark U. days and definitely check out the vintage shoppe your talking about! The suit you got off the bay is great too!

Daisy, I am sure you are well acquainted w/ Highland Ave. A lot of the students from WPI and Becker hang out there and it is one of the more trendier places in Worcester. I haven't been in that area for a while but was very impressed with the restaurants. I am planning on checking out the vintage shop in the Fitchburg/Garnder area and if it's any good, I will let you know. Maybe you can spend the day in my neck of the woods and we can go on a shopping spree! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo