Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
KaitlynDawn said:
I LOVE Ebay.

DSCN7564.JPG

-Kaitlyn

Wow. Period. The end.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm finally building up my accessories. Although I think I'm full up on fruit! It must have been the "fruit fetish" thread that caused me to bid on 4 fruit necklaces and a bracelet. They are all very different, and their prices were all lower than I expected them to go for. Who knows maybe glass fruit jewelry will go up in value some day and be worth something:D See, I knew I was buying them for a reason, it's like an investment. The first necklace is glass. I must admit that I'm not all that crazy about the one banana that hangs down in the center. Why just one banana? and why is it dead center, just dangling there? It gives me the giggles, and I'm worried that people might think something funny when they look at it:eek:. I'm thinking about taking this one piece off, but I hate to do anything to the integrity of something vintage. I'm gonna take a look at it again tomorrow to see if there is any way to take it off without making it look as though something would be missing from it if I do remove it. The second necklace is plastic.
The picture of the yellow celluloid roses don't do them justice. They are so delicate in person, like very thin sugar flowers on a cake.

d9b3_1.JPG

fruitbeads1.jpg

57fd_1.JPG

Daisy Buchanan

Kimberly said:
Daisy, I am sure you are well acquainted w/ Highland Ave. A lot of the students from WPI and Becker hang out there and it is one of the more trendier places in Worcester. I haven't been in that area for a while but was very impressed with the restaurants. I am planning on checking out the vintage shop in the Fitchburg/Garnder area and if it's any good, I will let you know. Maybe you can spend the day in my neck of the woods and we can go on a shopping spree! :eusa_clap

Oh yes, I'm very familiar with Highland Ave.. I lived on Williams Street, right off of Highland for the year after I graduated college. OOh, I haven't been to The Sole Proprieter in sooo long. There used to be a late night, BYOB, Mexican restaurant called The Acapulco over there. It's been something else for years now, but oh my do I have so many memories of hanging out til' the wee hours of the morning, drinking and eating really bad Mexican food. Well, at the time it tasted really good. Nothing better than a night of drinking ended with Mexican food. And I'm wondering how I ended up have Crohn's disease!!:eek:
I would love to take a ride out there and spend the afternoon with you. Actually, my 10 year reunion is coming up at the end of the month. I'll let you know when it is. I haven't decided if I'm going just yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to. Have you ever been to Sakura Tokyo?? They have the best Japanese brunch!! Well, I haven't been there in quite some time and what I once thought was good food is probably inedible now! But, I'll let you know if I'll be there. I'll be having brunch with some old friends but it would be so great if you could meet up with us.

Well, anyway, now that I've babbled again! I just wanted to say WOW Bella!! That is such a great pin. You lucky girl!! I'm envious!

Kaitlin, those glasses are so cute and will look great on you!:)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
jitterbugdoll said:
I remember Tayva wearing that dress before--it matches the turquoise Re-mix wedges perfectly. :)

Here are two more of my latest purchases--I am trying to behave because I already have too much stuff to move. ;)lol

I simply couldn't resist this darling doll hat:

And this early 1940s plaid wool dress will be perfect for Boston:

Great finds!!
I need to start looking into remix shoes... My black shoes just don't want to work with that purple dress... especially when I wear a purple hair bow or flowers. :(

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:
I am using my Jedi mind powers to make that pin float over to me. :)

Ok....Teach me this....because I need accessories....

Maybe I should just find Harry Potter's Magic wand...that might work....

hmmmm I do have that plastic one a coworker gave me for my desk...think it will work?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
Ok....Teach me this....because I need accessories....

Maybe I should just find Harry Potter's Magic wand...that might work....

hmmmm I do have that plastic one a coworker gave me for my desk...think it will work?

Dang it! I think your wand may hold more power than my Jedi mind tricks... My telekenisis will only move an object on the same plane, but the wand can materialize that object in a second. *I shake my fist at your Potter wand*

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:
Dang it! I think your wand may hold more power than my Jedi mind tricks... My telekenisis will only move an object on the same plane, but the wand can materialize that object in a second. *I shake my fist at your Potter wand*

don't worry...I won't steal Bella's pin before you can.....

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I'm eyeing that violin. Do you play? Or wait, is it a doghouse bass?? Hard to tell. What's the story with it? All your stuff is so cute!

it's a bass or a cello. the proportions are off for a violin or viola, and it has no chin rest.

Bella, did you know that i play violin? rather i used to....

Daisy Buchanan

Great finds Meggan. That cardigan is incredible!! I definitely don't have enough pretty cardigans:(

I wonder if my Wicked Witches Crystal ball trumps Harry's wand and Jedi mind tricks, I want that Pinup Pin!![huh]

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Neecerie said:
don't worry...I won't steal Bella's pin before you can.....

LolitaHaze said:

Using my own psychic abilities.....
**Bella, I sense danger....**

LD

Miss_Bella_Hell

KittyT said:
it's a bass or a cello. the proportions are off for a violin or viola, and it has no chin rest.

Bella, did you know that i play violin? rather i used to....

I didn't know that! For a long time?

The thing that tipped me off is the little stand at the bottom...violins don't need those, and I didn't think cellos had them but I guess it makes sense.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I didn't know that! For a long time?

The thing that tipped me off is the little stand at the bottom...violins don't need those, and I didn't think cellos had them but I guess it makes sense.

yep, cellos have em.

i played for about 15 years or so. dropped it in college when i had a sketchy violin prof who had left his previous wife for one of his students. he was about 20 years older than her and so gross. that, and i just didn't have time. it mostly sits under my bed now, unless my head's really a mess and i think to pull it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo