Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

CourtneyJordan

New in Town
Oh goodness, everyone has snapped up such lovely stuff! Lauren, I love those patterns, and LOVE those china sets you picked up.

I recently won this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180135957137&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008 (notice the bow detail in the fabric) for the upcoming balls at my university, which I am very excited about!

I also picked up these, due to my extreme shortage in personal collection of seamed stockings. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150135004112&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

I also went shopping with a friend recently, in Studio City and Burbank, and picked up QUITE a bit of stuff. I will have to take pictures soon and post them. I know you all will appreciate the gorgeous finds.

Ebay is heating up lately, so hopefully I'll have more to show soon...

Kim_B said:
Jumping in a little late on this one - I bought the blue/white striped shirt and a plain white shirt to go with the sailor pants from Wally World...while they do run on the larger side, I had to buy an XL just to get the sleeves to fit, and they are still very uncomfortable. I am planning on a little modification so I can wear it without being in pain, but they are super cute shirts...and now that I see what the floral one looks like on a human, I'm going to have to get that one too! :)

I bought that blue and white blouse too. On me the XL was too big on the shoulders but the sleeves fit. So I went for the L and will clip the seam on the arm band...too tight on me..but I always have that problem. Did you see the white with red and blue floral one too? I got that and have to adjust it the same way.
I looked for the pants you mentioned but didn't see them. Are they online?

ohairas said:
Girls I got this adorable dotted swiss blouse at Walmart this week.. they had some striped ones too, (not dotted). $10 club.

I love this print, so patriotic-ish. Please ignore the hair, I didn't do anything to it except put in combs that day.
Nikki
HPIM0812.jpg
:eusa_doh: DOH! Ok...I see Iam not the only one that got it! :D
It looks great on you Nikki! I need to adjust mine so I can wear it.

Nashoba

One Too Many
I just bought this suit and spent waaaay too much on it, but it had a matching hat and I fell in love with the details.
0779_12.jpg
11eb_1.jpg

It came in the mail today and I have to say I'm a bit annoyed. I love the suit but there's damage to the lining of the jacket, and her measurements were wrong. The jacket thankfully fits perfectly and all I need to do there is fix the damage to the lining. But the skirt is another story. It's ridiculous short and about an inch too small. Luckily there's enough in the hem and in the side seams to let it out. I took the hem down today and lucky for me there's no fading along the crease so it should press out and I can lower it a couple of inches. I'm sure in the end it will be gorgeous but I'm a little annoyed that for the amount of money I paid for it that I have to practically take the skirt apart and fix it. :rage: But it had a matching hat! lol I just have to figure out how the hat is supposed to be worn. It's kind of a skullcap one and I'm not sure how far forward it should go or if it should tilt or not....I have got to stop buying hats that I can't figure out how to wear!!!

Kim_B

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I bought that blue and white blouse too. On me the XL was too big on the shoulders but the sleeves fit. So I went for the L and will clip the seam on the arm band...too tight on me..but I always have that problem. Did you see the white with red and blue floral one too? I got that and have to adjust it the same way.
I looked for the pants you mentioned but didn't see them. Are they online?

I did the exact same thing with the seams this morning before work! Much better, but still a little tight. Might see if I can sew some elastic somehow...

As for the pants, I had a dickens of a time finding them - they did have them online, but their sizing is a bit off. Looks like they are out of stock online now. :( The buttons are also very chinsey on them - I am going to stop by the antique store to try and find some nice buttons to replace them. Something a little more vintage looking.

I think I might have to pick up the floral blouse too...my hubby didn't like it very much on the hanger, but I love it on you, Nikki!

Adele

One of the Regulars
You know, I have only taken a look at a few pages, but I must say you gals have such wonderful taste!

I haven't done much shopping lately (which is most unfortunate). My latest, however, is this blouse:

maggie2.JPG

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Honey Doll said:
I have that blouse as well. It is terribly cute isn't it? It is very high waisted tho...I wear mine with high waist slacks.

Honey Doll

Is this blouse non-vintage? If so, where did you buy it? Terribly cute.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
new shirt, which i need to finish "smallerizing" for me to wear
and my 40s green slacks! they are a bit toooo big and I need to find someone who can take them in, I cant without destroyingthem :(
IMG_9388.jpg
IMG_9387.jpg

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
CourtneyJordan said:
exquisitebones- I LOVE those pants! Wherever did you find them?

there is a little vintage shop in my town, and she RARELY ev er gets womens pants in, but I got lucky adn nabbed these for like 14 dollars!
plus I had a 20% off coupon!
but they were to big, but a quick dart adn seam, and now they fit like a dream
lol that rhymes!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I just got a pair of shoes :) I needed a light pair that I could dance in, since I only have light oxfords and a pair of light heels that kill my feet. I hope they fit well!
57338751_tp.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR