Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
$ally said:
2125810890_af17cd328b.jpg

2125034849_d31c4046eb.jpg

That's a luscious green! So 40's. I've got a plainer version of that coat (all black, persian lamb on the long collar only) and I wear it constantly. Does yours close with hooks and eyes too?

Trixie

One of the Regulars
SarahLouise said:
1940s linen dress which will most likely crease like crazy

40sredlinendress.jpg

QUOTE]

All very nice! I especially love this dress. It's just such a nice, basic 40s dress that works for everything!

And Sally, love all the green! Very nice!

$ally

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
That's a luscious green! I've got a plainer version of that coat (all black, persian lamb on the long collar only) and I wear it constantly. Does yours close with hooks and eyes too?
Mine doesn't have closures at all. Please post a pic of yours!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva said:

Very 50's to me--secretary chic! Love the color and the tie at the throat. Please post pictures of you wearing it when it arrives. That goes for you too Bella and Pink (that alpha print is fab!)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
$ally said:
Mine doesn't have closures at all. Please post a pic of yours!

By popular demand, my 40's wool coat trimmed with fake persian lamb. It has padded shoulders and slash pockets in the front. The "fur" is worn away at the edges in some places, I need to blacken the underfabric so it's not as visible. It's surprisingly warm:

blackcoat.jpg

The front

blackcoatcollar.jpg

A better look at the collar

blackcoatback.jpg

The back has a pleat that starts mid-back (barely visible here)

blackcoathook.jpg

The best picture I could get of one of the four heavy hook and eye closures

When it's not freezing (the way it has been lately) I usually wear the coat with this hat, which I bought separately:

hat-1.jpg

hatinside.jpg

I'm not sure what date the hat was made--the label looks 40sish but the style is nearly a pillbox. The hat is rigid, not soft. Any ideas girls?

Mojito

One Too Many
Green and black - oh, Deadpandiva, I do love that colour combination! And the perfect belt.

I'moldfashioned, I had to read back through your message to check whether or not the coat and hat were purchased as a set. Any chance of a photo of you wearing the combo?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Mojito said:
I'moldfashioned, I had to read back through your message to check whether or not the coat and hat were purchased as a set. Any chance of a photo of you wearing the combo?

Thanks Trixie and Mojito. Next time I go out I'll take a picture of me wearing the coat and hat (today's my first day of vacation so I'm lying low--tomorrow I have plans though). I wish $ally and I could take a picture together too!

$ally

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Thanks Trixie and Mojito. Next time I go out I'll take a picture of me wearing the coat and hat (today's my first day of vacation so I'm lying low--tomorrow I have plans though). I wish $ally and I could take a picture together too!
Wouldn't that be fun? I don't have a cool matching hat (yet) I'm working on a green one.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I haven't taken pictures of this week's finds, but I found the sweetest little black pancake/cartwheel hat, it was $4 and still looks very new. I found a deco mirror & brush set for $5, it needs repainting because the enamel is chipped off, but I don't see them very often anymore, so I couldn't leave it behind, and I found a Sergey Eylanbekov deco-style panther sculpture from 1996, and it was only $9.99. And, finally, I found a vintage 1950s(?) aluminum ice bucket with a crockery-type liner, and paid only $6 for it.

Pics:
009-1.jpg

010.jpg

004-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

My faux-snood hat from last month:
013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads