Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Picture952.jpg

Heres the $5.00 coat. It almost ankle length on me.
Picture950.jpg

And the purse for $5.60. It needs a chain.

epr25

Practically Family
We have been looking for furniture. We have a rattan couch now that is a torture device. My hubby found this just with seconds left on the auction and didn't bid high enough. I e-mailed the seller and asked to have a shot at it if the buyer didn't come through. Surprisingly enough it all worked out. So we now have a couch and matching chair from Montgomery Wards that was delivered in 1937 (it still has the delivery tag attached) Not to shabby for $142.00 for both. They aren;t perfect but I think they are worth saving and recovering someday.

couch1.jpg
[/IMG]

couch2.jpg
[/IMG]

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
epr25 said:
I meant to put this in with my post. I know this should probably be somewhere else but we now need end tables and lamps. Any suggestions?

I just showed my husband cowboy76 this, he was amazed!!! He and I have been in love with that style of deco furniture (fabric with wood adorment/details) for some time now! He reminded me that we really have to get back to a little place we found that gets some of this style now and then. I think we've both been hellbent to outfit our living room with a similar style!! HA ;)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
epr25 said:
I meant to put this in with my post. I know this should probably be somewhere else but we now need end tables and lamps. Any suggestions?

EPR25....I love your sofa & chair. It will work wonderful with all the beautiful woodwork in the room! I have a friend who has great style and I think you might be able to draw some inspiration from her! Here are a few of her flickr pics...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweet_inspiration/253713806/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweet_inspiration/253713867/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweet_inspiration/253713831/

Hope you found that helpful!

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
I found this Persian lamb muff for $1 at a thrift store. There's a pocket inside where you can keep your essentials close at hand. I have wanted one since I was little! I wish I had some of you gals' coats/hats to match!! :)

100_2611.jpg

Miss Brill

One Too Many
epr25 said:
We have been looking for furniture. We have a rattan couch now that is a torture device. My hubby found this just with seconds left on the auction and didn't bid high enough. I e-mailed the seller and asked to have a shot at it if the buyer didn't come through. Surprisingly enough it all worked out. So we now have a couch and matching chair from Montgomery Wards that was delivered in 1937 (it still has the delivery tag attached) Not to shabby for $142.00 for both. They aren;t perfect but I think they are worth saving and recovering someday.

couch1.jpg
[/IMG]

couch2.jpg
[/IMG]

That is a lot like this one for sale in Nashville:
http://nashville.craigslist.org/fur/524625672.html

$ally

One Too Many
Sweet Leilani said:
I found this Persian lamb muff for $1 at a thrift store. There's a pocket inside where you can keep your essentials close at hand. I have wanted one since I was little! I wish I had some of you gals' coats/hats to match!!
Green with envy here!

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
i have been keeping a beady eye on these for months now and i finally found them in the sale for £40 ($80ish) and then i got an extra fiver off cos i sweet talked the manager! awesomes. not hugely vintage although they are fake snakeskin. now i just have to find a dress that matches. and learn to walk in 4" heels. hmmm. i feel some practice coming on...
21g4Ew8YjaL__AA160_.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Sweet Leilani said:
I found this Persian lamb muff for $1 at a thrift store. There's a pocket inside where you can keep your essentials close at hand.

Love this! I saw one just like it at a local thrift shop but the lining was in tatters. What a bargain too!

epr25

Practically Family
Wow her house is so wonderful. We are painting and redoing the outside this summer I hope ours turns out so well. The interior is fabulous! I would fall over if I ever went into anyones house and saw a decor like that. Please extend my compliments to her. Thanks I think I will be able to draw from those.

MaryDeluxe said:
EPR25....I love your sofa & chair. It will work wonderful with all the beautiful woodwork in the room! I have a friend who has great style and I think you might be able to draw some inspiration from her! Here are a few of her flickr pics...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweet_inspiration/253713806/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweet_inspiration/253713867/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweet_inspiration/253713831/

Hope you found that helpful!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
Sweet Leilani said:
I found this Persian lamb muff for $1 at a thrift store. There's a pocket inside where you can keep your essentials close at hand. I have wanted one since I was little! I wish I had some of you gals' coats/hats to match!! :)

100_2611.jpg

This is just adorable!

leaette

A-List Customer
marydeluxe: your friend's house is FANTASTIC!!!! so jealous.
in the hallway pic of her stairs...i have those 2 pictures she has abover her little table. got them for $1 each at a flea market. :) they are really pretty.

where in PA do you gals live? i'm in pittsburgh.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Epr25...I'm so glad you found those pictures helpful! She has AMAZING style and a great eye for things! I just thought of her when I saw pictures of your sofa and hoped they would be helpful. I love her ability to mix vintage eras together and they work so well without being a shabby chic look! She also has a fabulous helpful, handy husband...some girls just get so darn lucky!!

leaette...I am in Lancaster area of PA and she is from Iowa. I just adore her, she has the best style and inspires me! Good find on the pictures!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
I'm thinking these may have been stolen too. !st class mail takes about 3-5 days right? I hope I get the skirt I ordered. It cost me more than I can stand to lose considering the dress I never got also. :mad:

I am really sorry to hear that your packages are going missing. I had huge problems with my post back in October and November but most things eventually turned up. Unfortunately a beautiful pair of 40s babydoll heels must have been stolen though because I've tracked them and it says they've been delivered but they are nowhere to be seen :( I am so sad about them because they were so pretty and expensive too. I insured them so hopefully I'll get something back. I hope your packages turn up!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
SarahLouise said:
I am really sorry to hear that your packages are going missing. I had huge problems with my post back in October and November but most things eventually turned up. Unfortunately a beautiful pair of 40s babydoll heels must have been stolen though because I've tracked them and it says they've been delivered but they are nowhere to be seen :( I am so sad about them because they were so pretty and expensive too. I insured them so hopefully I'll get something back. I hope your packages turn up!
I sincerely hope your shoes turn up. I am going to start insuring everything. I am also using my sister address for the time being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR