Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Snookie said:
At first glance I pegged that as 40's, the silhouette is so similar to the red linen one you got. I suppose it could be late 40's, but I don't see it getting too far into the 50's - not sure why, maybe the shoulder width? Don't forget to add a belt! Most of those dresses would have had one, but have lost them over the years. Check if it has belt loops (sometimes just thread).

Great purchases! I never buy clothes on Ebay, but I love seeing all the greatest hits!

I agree, it definitely looks 40s to me. It was so cheap because it's faded ever so slightly on one shoulder but I don't think it's very noticable at all. It is missing the belt but perhaps some ribbon might do. It's one of those dresses which make me feel like Joan Crawford as soon as I put it on :)

$ally - Thanks, that sweater is just a perfect fit and has the cutest tiny shoulder pads.

Trixie - Thank you, I really like the simple lines and red is my favourite colour.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Another pair of Chie Miharas... Got these on sale, they are a lovely brown-red shade.
chie_mihara_goiaba2.jpg

PS

A-List Customer
I just ordered this in two colors....
one white that i plan to dye pale yellow and one in pink....
41Hr6nZrwqL._AA354_.jpg

41jK-lDNo6L._AA354_.jpg

and a high waisted pencil skirt. not sure what to wear with it though.

Nashoba

One Too Many
ooooh Ashley I love those....
I bought these today...not vintage but they are the first step in fulfilling one of my new years resolutions...I start my Jazz & Tap classes on Monday...

80421-d.jpg

5056-5058-2T.jpg

Yay! I'm sooo excited...

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Well, they aren't ReMix, but they are close... they were about $40 cheaper. I found them on ebay. I sure hope they aren't a let down, they were still a pretty penny after shipping.
shoes.jpg

Has anyone else ever bought any shoes from this "BFR Retro" company? Am I just a big dork for not knowing who they are?

lyburnum

Practically Family
I bought two pairs of shoes to go with my wedding dress from ebay. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to hack being in heels all day so just in case I got the flats as well. Here's hoping they actually fit.

DSCF7368.jpg

DSCF7379.jpg

64460751_tp.jpg

64460765_tp.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24