Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Brill said:
LD--great find! Since you are so handy with sewing, I'd say make a bunch of different bags for it, something to match your favorite outfits.

Oh the last thing I need is another project lol

But it is a great little bag, thanks ladies.

LD

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
leaette said:
goldwyn girl, that poodle bag is fantastic. i'm confused though, what is it for?

Those are lingerie bags. My mom had one like the corset shaped one.
They are meant to be mini-hampers for your unmentionables. It kept a gals stockings and undies separate from the rest of the laundry to avoid snags and keeps them in one place, since those things had to be hand washed. ;)

texasgirl

One Too Many
Mojito said:
Love it! It will be tremendous fun accessorising it.

This is an annual event, isn't it? I seem to remember you've posted some great photos from previous gatherings, or was that something else? A St Valentine's Day massacre sounds like a brilliant way to celebrate the Fourteenth - there's enough in the theme for both men and women.

This is something new, but I'll let ya'll know how it goes. BUT I did get the dress. It was not what I was expecting. The fringe is like upholstery fringe- like something you'd put on curtains!?!? And the dress is real heavy material- almost like upholstery fabric too. I can't tell if it's from the 20s or just made to look at like it. It's homemade I think, no tags. And very unflattering. Which 20s never look that great on my hourglass shape anyway, but this one is pretty bad. So I think I may just wear a velvet repro dress I already had. Bummer...

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Thank you Nikki, Miss Brill, and leaette. Yes as Joie DeVive said they are lingerie bags.
Nikki, your GWTW dress and apron are wonderful. Can't wait to see you in them.
Miss Brill, I just love finding pretty vintage slips, those are fab.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
No more slips today! lol

I found a silk dress, probably 1980s, but it is a shirtwaist style, so I think I can fake a vintage look with it:
005-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

A Tally Ho sweater:
011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

A WONDERFUL pink mohair & wool sweater from Nardis:
008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

And this cardi-jacket with no labels (not sure if it is vintage, it feels like wool):
013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

All from Goodwill & all were .99 each.

Goodwill also has a vintage black & red checked wool jacket with fox collar and cuffs, but the collar did not match the cuffs, and it was almost $20, so I didn't get it, but I was debating getting it for eBay. [huh]

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
PS said:
I just ordered this in two colors....
41Hr6nZrwqL._AA354_.jpg

PS,
I was wondering how this dress worked out for you. Did you like it? How was the quality, and the fit?
I've been eying it myself, and wondered what you thought of it.

Thanks!!

Joie

PS

A-List Customer
Joie,
I have a few shoddy pics of it. I rather LOVE IT! Turns out it is Dry Clean only (whatever that means!) so I won't be dying it but I really can't wait to wear it. The fit is pretty similar to other IM things at Target. I bought the pink and white and was thinking of getting the black now.
Let me know if you'd like to see the photos...
:)

Mirax H

New in Town
I am really excited and I finally bit the bullet and made several purchases online today for my first 40's-50's pieces!! I can not WAIT for them to arrive and to try them on!!!!!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Congrats! Now you'll be addicted.

ebay has been so gooe to me lately. I can't beleive it.

98169626_o.jpg

I am so exited about this. I just love the skirt. I will have to do a muslin first as I need to make the skirt a little wider at the hips I think. I am going to use a solid color as my last project showed me I am not talented enough to work with plaids.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
PS said:
Joie,
I have a few shoddy pics of it. I rather LOVE IT! Turns out it is Dry Clean only (whatever that means!) so I won't be dying it but I really can't wait to wear it. The fit is pretty similar to other IM things at Target. I bought the pink and white and was thinking of getting the black now.
Let me know if you'd like to see the photos...
:)

Thanks for the info, PS. If it isn't too much trouble, I'd love to see your pics. I'm having trouble deciding. It's always tough for me to buy sight-unseen. I guess it's because I know the models aren't built anything like me..lol
Dry clean only?? Isn't it 100% cotton? How odd. Is it lined? That could do it.

Thanks again!

Joie

PS

A-List Customer
Thanks for the info, PS. If it isn't too much trouble, I'd love to see your pics. I'm having trouble deciding. It's always tough for me to buy sight-unseen. I guess it's because I know the models aren't built anything like me..
Dry clean only?? Isn't it 100% cotton? How odd. Is it lined? That could do it.

Yes it is lined...thats what it's Dry Clean??? Boo, I'd love this in Yellow!!!
Ok my shape...I am short, only 5'3..big bust..size 8 ready to wear, thought it would show off my waist more but guess I will just have to wear cincher with it.
Here You Go...
sorry for the dirty mirror shots, only full length mirror is in the basement.
331lpvo.jpg
[/IMG]
2v17khi.jpg
[/IMG]
2vdogat.jpg
[/IMG]
2mdjn05.jpg
[/IMG]

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Another impulse buy on eBay, but when I saw it, I just had to have it!

floralwrap.jpg

It's a house coat really, but I think I am just outrageous enough to wear it out in summer lol lol

It's just far too pretty to be kept indoors, and since when do I care what people think! :D

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:

floralwrap.jpg

It's a house coat really, but I think I am just outrageous enough to wear it out in summer lol lol

It's just far too pretty to be kept indoors, and since when do I care what people think! :D

So freakin' cute!Perfect as a summer dress.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:

floralwrap.jpg

HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS. Was it from Ebay UK?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
No, the US one. The seller was Northstarvintage.

I am loving the exchange rate a bit too much this month, it's like going to Ikea. I keep telling myself it's really cheap so I can afford all this stuff. Who needs food, right?

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
PS said:
Yes it is lined...thats why it's Dry Clean??? Boo, I'd love this in Yellow!!!

2mdjn05.jpg
[/IMG]

PS,
Thanks for the pictures. You've helped me make up my mind. From the Target photos I couldn't tell it had that cross-over style bodice. I'm glad you shared your pictures. :)

And if it's 100% cotton, the fabric should be washable. It's probably listed as Dry Clean Only because of the lining. The designers probably worry that one will shrink more than the other. You could always ask your dry cleaner or a seamstress about dying though. They might have a better idea of the risks.

Thanks again!

Joie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart