Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Susie, wear them in the back of a french roll/pleat, a bit like a giant bobby pin (but much prettier!)

Although if you have fine hair, make sure it isn't going to slide out and get lost. Things like that hate staying in my hair unless I have set it extra curly.

glass susie

New in Town
Miss Sis said:
Susie, wear them in the back of a french roll/pleat, a bit like a giant bobby pin (but much prettier!)
Although if you have fine hair, make sure it isn't going to slide out and get lost. Things like that hate staying in my hair unless I have set it extra curly.
Cheers Miss Sis, I have long thick hair so should work.
I have a trial run at the hair dressers before the main event so I'll take them along to have a go.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
glass susie said:
I
Hairclips009.jpg

Use them just like regular hair pins, except that you want these ones to show! Good for securing updos like french twists.

I have 4 that are like this that I got from my grandmother. My hair's never been long enough to wear them though!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks said:
Here's my recent buys:
This one in white and the length sits more on my mid-calf. A bit low for work so I may add a hook and eye.
41jK-lDNo6L._SS400_.jpg

This one is much cuter in person,not nearly as boxy on top and love the lavender gingham print.
41HjC1tz8UL._SS400_.jpg

These are from Target, no? Can you tell me how the quality and fit are--I've been looking at them online.

Also, fabulous glasses FDG--they look perfect on you!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Fleur, do you have a place picked out to get your prescription filled? do they have experience with vintage frames? if so, will you PM me with their info? it's for a friend. thank you!

Gigi

New in Town
Sorry, I've moved my posts to the one's that got away. I was still dreaming the item was mine.

Smuterella

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
Fleur, do you have a place picked out to get your prescription filled? do they have experience with vintage frames? if so, will you PM me with their info? it's for a friend. thank you!

I'd like to know too actually!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I took em to a little old shop called.......

....SpecSavers! The biggest chain in the country! lol

£39 flat fee, same as any other frames. Though I must say mine were deadstock so they had no lenses to remove, just insert.

You trust Specsavers? I mean, are they trustworthy with vintage frames? I'm asking my mummy for some for my birthday & wasn't sure if I should trust Specsavers.

My bfs uncle works at a dispensing opticians & I was thinking of asking him (& secretly hoping he'd do me a special deal...). He's been doing if for about 20 years so I thought he would be good.

I'm presuming special care has to be taken with vintage frames(?)

Sorry :eek:fftopic: :eek:

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Well mine were in absolute pristine condition, and I didn't really see what the risk was. They cut the lenses by machine to the precise size then do the heating and popping in of the lenses to the frames. Given how many pairs of specs a busy store must fill every day, I wasn't remotely worried!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: wow, a chain! lol i asked because in my mid-size city there are no less than THREE optical technicians who specialize in putting new lenses into vintage frames, and my friend is hoping she can find at least one in london!

and, so i'm contributing something to the thread... this is the blouse i mentioned several weeks ago. it's from old navy! i love it, and the arm-bands aren't too tight for once. sorry i don't have a full-frontal shot of it...
2361944929_1a012d8c55.jpg

2361944799_08ed35aff2.jpg

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
ShooShooBaby said:
:eek:fftopic: wow, a chain! lol i asked because in my mid-size city there are no less than THREE optical technicians who specialize in putting new lenses into vintage frames, and my friend is hoping she can find at least one in london!

and, so i'm contributing something to the thread... this is the blouse i mentioned several weeks ago. it's from old navy! i love it, and the arm-bands aren't too tight for once. sorry i don't have a full-frontal shot of it...
2361944929_1a012d8c55.jpg

2361944799_08ed35aff2.jpg

shoshoo- that shirt is spot on. you look very pwetty in it. what is it with armbands at the moment?! i have the same trouble all the time. perfect fit everywhere excpet for the arms. oh dear.

TessTrueheart

sophia la shok said:
what is it with armbands at the moment?! i have the same trouble all the time. perfect fit everywhere excpet for the arms. oh dear.
Every girl I know have armband troubles! Our arms really can not be too big for every blouse on the market. It's a mystery!

Very cute Shooshoobaby!

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
i think they expect everyone to have exactly the same size arms even tho the body size is different. i don't know about you but i have always thought my arms seemed to have more in common with a size 0... lol
maybe not. it's just the phase with all of the beatiful cap and puff sleeves at the mo.

pretty, but ouchy.
x

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
More great stuff. I think I need to stay out of this thread.

Fleur, I love your glasses they look great on you.
ShooShoo. I love that blouse. I will have to stop by Old Navy.
Allabouteve. I am really green with envy over that jewelry set.
Congrats on the house Goldwyn Girl.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I got these OSHKOSH B'GOSH jeans for $25. Apparently from the early 50s, however I want to check them over once they arrive, as $25 for early 50s jeans sounds a little odd to me.

8b071ha8.jpg

I need another pair either way though, as I only have one pair at the moment.

Warbaby

One Too Many
glass susie said:
I got all these vintage hair clips & combs in one lot on ebay.
I was chuffed to bits as they cost the same amount as another one of the large ones I was watching!:D

Hairclips007.jpg

The three matching combs in the center look like they may be real tortoise, not celluloid or plastic. Can't tell absolutely from just the photos, but I've done a lot of tortoise restoration and those look right to me. The one on the top left may also be tortoise, and the big one below it is also a contender. Just thought you might like to know...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy