Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

vivaciousvivo

New in Town
Oh......that necklace! It couldn't have been too much.....you are worth it, right, Aurora? I love it! How Carmen Miranda is that?
VVV

Aurora

One of the Regulars
DeadPanDiva - I saw that dress, and was so angry it wasn't my size! :eek:

vivaciousvivo - Try $64.52!! Not sure I am worth it, I should've really paid my rent on time rather than buy a necklace! I got this idea in my head that I'd look like Carmen Miranda if I wore similar clothing... lol

Mary

Practically Family
This is a wonderful find! Thanks for sharing. The fabrics look lovely. I wish I could touch them. I love the different textures.

garage_sale_fabric2.jpg

garage_sale_fabric3.jpg

garage_sale_fabric4.jpg

garage_sale_fabric5.jpg[

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i did more shopping today than i have in a WHILE. i bought:
- Esther Williams swimsuit (i posted about it in the vintage bathing suit thread!)
- bomber necklace
- 3 pairs of earrings for $10 total - black hearts, blue anchors and red beads (in picture of dress)
- cutesy sundress ever! it has a nylon zipper, so it's newer than i originally thought (but i think the buttons are much older!). of course i got home and found a hole right on the front, but that can be fixed. i'm also going to move the straps out a little for better bra-strap coverage. it has smocking!!
2522151171_4f5b8fe70c.jpg
2522151185_d7560c2632.jpg

2523027548_70ab8a379c_m.jpg
2523055192_76fc79f55c_m.jpg

sixsexsix

Practically Family
I recently bought these:
skech240675_29395_lg.jpg

Not really vintage but cute just the same. I haven't owned sandals in over 10 years (just flip flops but I don't think they count)

lyburnum

Practically Family
Today is the first day in absolutely ages I've had a day off (even the weekends I'm normally working or helping out with a youth group). So I decided to catch up on some much loved local charity shopping.

IMG_1062.jpg

Vintage underdress - £2

IMG_1066.jpg

Late 50s/early 60s handbag - £5

IMG_1069.jpg

JAJ Gravy Boat & Saucer - £1

IMG_1071.jpg

Wide Brimmed hat - £1. Unfortunately the brim is a little warped, not too bad but still a shame. I've been looking for one like this on ebay for ages and they always go for more than I'm willing to pay.

IMG_1072.jpg

Paul Robeson Record - £2

A good day I feel!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
ShooShoo - I love all of your purchases!! That dress looks adorable on you.

I bought myself a waistcincher and a long slip, I don't know if the cincher should have been smaller than I got, but it did an okay job. For all you swedish ladies, I got them both at Lindex and the cincher was 279 swedish kronor and the white slip that goes to my knees where 79 swedish kronors. I'll post pics later.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
lyburnum - You should be able to straighten that hat's brim out with a little steam. When I need to freshen up a hat or fix a crooked brim, I stuff the crown of the hat with plastic bags (so it will keep it's shape) and put the hat on some sort of homemade stand (I usually put the hat on top of an old vase or something like that that can hold the hat up without the brim having to lay on a surface) and then I just use my steamer on the hat to reshape it. If you don't have a steamer, a teapot full of boiling water or an iron set to steam work well - just don't place the iron on the hat, hold it above the surface. Go slowly with the steam, only do a little bit at a time. You don't want to risk shrinking the hat if you get it too hot. Once I get the hat into a shape that I like, I leave it to dry on the makeshift stand. Make sure it is completely dry before taking it off the stand, placing the damp brim on a hard surface will make it bend again. Also when you store the hat, store it upside down. This will help the brim to keep it's shape.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
wooo! just won this baby. i LOVE short-sleeve sweaters. this will be my second Jantzen one! it might not fit though, so keep your eyes on the classifieds. :rolleyes:
9097_1.JPG

ok, no more buying for me for AWHILE!

Foofoogal

Banned
dsp_swirl_1.jpg

took me about a week to wait patiently. I am a Swirlaholic and I was going to win it. This is my 4th. of July outfit. :D
I received the checked one in the mail today I won a few days back and it was made just for me. I love it. I am a petite so hope this one does as well. Isn't it cute. Been pinching pennies but nice price on this cutie.
Can y'all tell I am happy. :D lol

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Foofoogal said:
took me about a week to wait patiently. I am a Swirlaholic and I was going to win it. This is my 4th. of July outfit. :D
I received the checked one in the mail today I won a few days back and it was made just for me. I love it. I am a petite so hope this one does as well. Isn't it cute. Been pinching pennies but nice price on this cutie.
Can y'all tell I am happy. :D lol

that's adorable!! swirl dresses are always so cute!

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
It isn't clothing but....

I was just around to some yard sales this morning and found this...

Kitchen Aid Commercial Mixer :D
KitchenAidMixer.jpg

Vintage Potato Cutter (For Homemade French Fries)
FrenchFryCutter.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy