Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

epr25

Practically Family
I found this at Salvation Army yesterday for $1.99. Not to shabby for a gab western shirt. It fits so I think I will keep it and ebay it. I was thinking of wearing this with jeans. I do not like or own cowboy boots. What type of shoes are appropriate with a shirt like this?

WESTERN1.jpg
[/IMG]

WESTERN2.jpg
[/IMG]

WESTERN3.jpg
[/IMG]

Laura Chase

One Too Many
kamikat said:
It's not vintage, but will help me with my new vintage wardrobe. My new mannequin on the left, shown next to my old mannequin to show contrast.
2549134025_a1249dd9f4.jpg

Congratulations on the weight loss! That mannequin doesn't look like the regular ones, is that one of those adjustable ones?

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Mojito said:
MaryDeluxe, what an outstanding find! Was your adrenaline pumping during the auction, and did you face much competition for the gorgeous pieces you picked up, or did you get them unchallenged for that $24?

Lots of adrenaline but no competition. It was a Tuesday afternoon and not very well advertised. I bought two lots of her clothes each for $12.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Blondie said:
Mary Deluxe ~ what a score !! I am excited for you , isn't it amazing to see that there is indeed great stuff still out there and a great price to boot , YEAH for you !:eusa_clap

There is good stuff out there still but you need to look for it!! That's what all the ebay dealers do.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
epr25 said:
I found this at Salvation Army yesterday for $1.99. Not to shabby for a gab western shirt. It fits so I think I will keep it and ebay it. I was thinking of wearing this with jeans. I do not like or own cowboy boots. What type of shoes are appropriate with a shirt like this?

WESTERN1.jpg
[/IMG]

WESTERN2.jpg
[/IMG]

WESTERN3.jpg
[/IMG]

I would love to see it with Western tooled leather pumps... and matching handbag!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thanks to the most lovely girl in here, MissS, she tracked down a small vieled hat for me after I saw the amazing pics of her wearing one. So of course I bought it straight away.

c4fd_1.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe, the whole experience sounds like one of those vintage dreams...you know, the one where you find a store where everything is labelled and in mint condition, and costs a couple of dollars? When you wake up bitterly disappointed to find it was just a dream?

Dahrling, if you wear that hat with just a fraction of the style of your current avatar, it will look amazing.

I've been on a bit of a spendathon lately. Particularly for bandeaux, for some reason - largely because Circa Vintage has tempted me with their wonderful stock! Not everything I've bought has been photographed, but here are a few pieces:

beadedbandeau3-1.jpg

This is from Circa - the colours just pop!

Pastelbandeauamended.jpg

I wish I hadn't been having too much fun to remember a minor detail like a flash - I have no clear photos yet of this very pretty bandeau, with some lovely beading and embroidery work in lovely pastel green and pink tones.

This last one is interesting:
Lucilebandeauamended.jpg

It's from Lucile Ltd, the design house of Lady Lucy Duff-Gordon. Enthusiasts of both fashion history and Titanic will be familiar with her - she was one of Poiret's rivals in the early decades of the 20th Century, and had shops in Paris, London and New York. The address on this belt (yes, it is a tiny belt - this is the only time my melon head has come in handy) indicates it comes from the New York premises she moved to in May 1912 - just after she and her husband Sir Cosmo were rescued from the sinking Titanic.

She was the sister of Elinor Glyn (of "It" fame) and designed costumes for both the Ziegfeld Follies and early cinema. I don't think the seller was familiar with "Lucile" (both her nickname and tradename) and evidently no other collectors noticed it, because I got it for far less than I was willing to pay. I have another dress with silver beads and a gold leaf design, so I'm hoping they'll go well together.

Mojito

One Too Many
Thank you, MissS! If I have an absolute weakness for one teens/twenties item of clothing, it has to be bandeaux. I have another diamante one on the way to add to the collection.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Darhling said:
Thanks to the most lovely girl in here, MissS, she tracked down a small vieled hat for me after I saw the amazing pics of her wearing one. So of course I bought it straight away.

c4fd_1.jpg

AAre multiples of this hat for sale on a site or was it a one-time only auction/sale? I have to go to a wedding and would love a hat like this to wear. Thanks!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Darhling said:

c4fd_1.jpg

This image makes the netting remind me of one of those gangly spiders with long thin legs that hang around my house in autumn. I'm completely phobic of spiders so it creeps me out entirely. I'm sure it's lovely in person, I think it's just the angle that photo is taken from that makes my imagination think there's a big black spider on top of the hat *shudders*

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:
AAre multiples of this hat for sale on a site or was it a one-time only auction/sale? I have to go to a wedding and would love a hat like this to wear. Thanks!

Could you let me know too please?

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Do any of you mind if I cavort around in my new 40's dress for a while with my also new hair flower? These pics aren't great I'm still battling with the wretched camera and the dismal light today that's my excuse anyway:) ! Do you think the flower is too big?
DSCF1571.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24