Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Cricket

Practically Family
KittyT said:
OK! OK! It's the first SS dress I've owned and I'm glad to have found a simple black cocktail dress. Sorry this pic isn't the greatest, but I lightened it a little bit to try to show some detail. As you see, I paired it with Remix babydolls and a belt.

laborday010.jpg

laborday007.jpg

You look fantastic!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here are things I've picked up in the past week...

black Kelly bag
blackpurse.jpg

pink 50s Orlon shrug
pinkshrug.jpg

navy 50s sheer blouse. I'm going to try to dye it black. It looked black until I got it outside in the light this morning :-/
sheerblouse.jpg

red and teal 50s collegiate-style skirt. I sure dig stuff with pockets!
plaidskirt.jpg

terrycloth apron - quite possibly the greatest apron ever!
apron.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Oh, I don't know what makes me the most jealous of all the goodies you've bought. Probably the shrug, I don't own a single one :( Also, you look lovely in your wiggle dress and baby dolls, I'm jealous of those too. I'm going to be too poor to buy anything this fall and winter :eusa_booh I should probably just put a lid on it. You have great taste!
KittyT said:
Here are things I've picked up in the past week...

black Kelly bag
blackpurse.jpg

pink 50s Orlon shrug
pinkshrug.jpg

navy 50s sheer blouse. I'm going to try to dye it black. It looked black until I got it outside in the light this morning :-/
sheerblouse.jpg

red and teal 50s collegiate-style skirt. I sure dig stuff with pockets!
plaidskirt.jpg

terrycloth apron - quite possibly the greatest apron ever!
apron.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kitty, did you get that apron at the Garment District? Hate you!!

Ladies, I bought some lovely vintage things, but have no pictures, so I will save that till later. In the meantime I am going to share with you my new wardrobe, courtesy of Target and Forever 21, that I spent something like $160 on for three sweaters, some slippers, a pair of shoes, jeans, a tee, and a skirt.

two sweaters, one red one black (warning, they run at least 1 size big):
41i14Z%2BZ86L.jpg

pencil skirt with pleats in back:
41wYAPKRDrL._SS384_.jpg

high waisted jeans for $6 on clearance! sorry no pic.

awesome shoes to match the skirt (my big toenail fell off and I have almost all peep toe shoes :( ):
51o9uOdLRvL._SS260_.jpg

cute little tee with a skeleton that says "daddy bones graveyard tours" also not on the site...

Forever 21 handbag:
52553320-01.jpg

and shirt!
51290539-01.jpg

The mags are showing a lot of sweater/scarf/pencil skirt combos, and I can't wait! I'm on the lookout for blouses that tie at the neck to go under sweaters, if anyone has any leads.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Kitty, did you get that apron at the Garment District? Hate you!!

I did! They have a ton of hostess aprons right now. It was a whopping $6.

Ladies, I bought some lovely vintage things, but have no pictures, so I will save that till later.

Post a pic of you from the wedding this weekend! That dress and belt were super cute. Of course, you'll have to post a close up of those amazing rhinestone jelly shoes. Good lord are they ridiculous and amazing.

I just remembered I still have to post pics of the cardigan I got at the Rumblers show in NYC a few weeks ago and the stuff I got from Miss Bella Hell's Personal Shopping Service :)

Cute stuff, btw.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I just bought this blouse in solid white from New York & Co. for $35.00:

02444238_279

I really like it and plan on wearing it under a green and gray argyle sweater vest with a gray pencil skirt.

I also bought a cute tie-neck knit shirt w/puff sleeves from Target.

Miss_Bella_Hell

KittyT said:
Post a pic of you from the wedding this weekend! That dress and belt were super cute. Of course, you'll have to post a close up of those amazing rhinestone jelly shoes. Good lord are they ridiculous and amazing.
I know, I have to find some pictures first though. Who knows when those will come around, now that my personal camera is broken.

KittyT said:
I just remembered I still have to post pics of the cardigan I got at the Rumblers show in NYC a few weeks ago and the stuff I got from Miss Bella Hell's Personal Shopping Service :)

Uh YAH, get on that!

Miss_Bella_Hell

BeBopBaby said:
I just bought this blouse in solid white from New York & Co. for $35.00:

02444238_279

I really like it and plan on wearing it under a green and gray argyle sweater vest with a gray pencil skirt.

I also bought a cute tie-neck knit shirt w/puff sleeves from Target.

Thanks! Target also had this super cute tie neck shirt, but for some reason it's almost $30. I thought maybe it would be silk but it's just poly...
51gFJVJ2Y0L._SS260_.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I know, I have to find some pictures first though. Who knows when those will come around, now that my personal camera is broken.

Um, doesn't your fella have a camera? One with a certain photo on it that I've been waiting for a copy of? Tsk tsk!

Miss_Bella_Hell

KittyT said:
Um, doesn't your fella have a camera? One with a certain photo on it that I've been waiting for a copy of? Tsk tsk!

Oh fine. I will go look for it and the cable too.

Here's a pic of the stuff I bought (I'm on the far right). Jewelry from my grandmothers, dress and belt from a local vintage store.
l_028b195f1f65139c46ddcc4378ca12be.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Thanks! Target also had this super cute tie neck shirt, but for some reason it's almost $30. I thought maybe it would be silk but it's just poly...
51gFJVJ2Y0L._SS260_.jpg
That's a really nice one! Most of the high box-neck blouses look very late-70s/early-80s. That one looks completely 1930s, though. Probably because it's sleeveless, and the details aren't fussy. Fussy = 80s-does-40s.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Oh fine. I will go look for it and the cable too.

Here's a pic of the stuff I bought (I'm on the far right). Jewelry from my grandmothers, dress and belt from a local vintage store.
Bella you look AMAZING!!! a little like audrey hepburn on roman holiday...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:

Yeah, that dress is pretty much amazing.

I'm wondering how I didn't make it into any of those wedding photos.

Miss_Bella_Hell

glamour-girl said:
Bella you look AMAZING!!! a little like audrey hepburn on roman holiday...

Aw, thanks!!

KittyT said:
Yeah, that dress is pretty much amazing.

I'm wondering how I didn't make it into any of those wedding photos.

What? You're in like 5 of them. You're on our camera too, I just have to dl them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy