Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
awesome shoes to match the skirt (my big toenail fell off and I have almost all peep toe shoes :( ):
51o9uOdLRvL._SS260_.jpg

Oh gosh those are cute shoes!! I have seen litarally hundreds of pairs similair to those in the stores for the fall.. It seems to be the style right now..
I did buy a similar pair, in burgandy, last week but can't help that they look like the shoes i wore when i took flamenco dance..

The ones i bought don't have a strap but those look like you could dance in them, if you happened to be out for dinner and you had the urge...
Dh and i have been taking ballroom dance so we do go out to places that have dance floors...

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I ventured into Value Village today and found some cool hats. There were actually three hats, but I only bought two of them. I may have to go back for the third one. Anyways, here are the two I bought.
hats001.jpg

hats002.jpg

This hat cost me $4.99. They didn't have mirrors so I couldn't see myself with it on. I tried it on at home and I'm still not exactly sure how to wear it. The best way I figured so far is long brim facing forward and slightly slanted down. The ribbon is loosing a bit of colour and fraying, otherwise the hat is in great shape.

hats003.jpg

hats004.jpg

This hat is my favourite. It cost $3.99. I'm not sure if it's 40's50's or maybe even 70's? If anyone has a clue I'd love to hear. The feather is broken; is it supposed to be?[huh] Looks fine with the feather down.

The third hat, which I didn't buy is kinda like a skull cap, and it's a tan colour, almost like a short fine fur, with a tan ribbon going around. It did have a tag, New York Originals. I have no idea how it should be worn. I 've seen little bows inside for hair pins but this hat had none and certainly would need them. I don't remember the price but I am 100% sure it was less than $6. I may go back and get it.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I've been a bad girl...

I haven't spent a decent amount on a vintage outfit in quite a while, but today I splurged for my honeymoon. A late 30's suit- SUPER rare, and I'm so thrilled!
30ssuit.jpg
30ssuit2.jpg

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Lauren said:
I haven't spent a decent amount on a vintage outfit in quite a while, but today I splurged for my honeymoon. A late 30's suit- SUPER rare, and I'm so thrilled!
30ssuit.jpg
30ssuit2.jpg
Gorgeous!
That seller always has such cute (and expensive!) pieces.

Rachael

A-List Customer
I went on a fabric shopping extravanza today; made it to 4 different shops and found almost everything on my list!

For all of you who live in Stumptown, Pendleton outlet in Milwaukee has an amazing sale on right now. I purchased 5+ yards for under $30. It's also coupon season at Mill End (25% off entire purchase), so it was a lot of fun.

Here's a sample of what I got today:
grayfabricsmall-1.jpg

wool-1.jpg

fabric-1.jpg

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Oooh! Nice hats.
This one:
hats001.jpg

reminds me a bit of this one:
casablancaphoto.jpg

To stop fraying on ribbon, I carefully trim the fraying end with sharp scissors to remove the frayed bits and then put fray check (available from fabric stores) or clear nail polish on the very edge to prevent further fraying. Personally, I prefer clear nail polish, but that's me.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Lauren said:
30ssuit.jpg
30ssuit2.jpg

Oh man, I loved this one, was watching it, but it's so not my size! ;)

MarieAnne, great hats! Love that they aren't too dainty.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Lovely suit, Lauren! I love the rust colour. I wonder what the lapel looks like.
Any chance we could get an upclose picture of it? With you inside it on your honeymoon perhaps? :)

Miss.Monroe

New in Town
Lauren said:
30ssuit.jpg
30ssuit2.jpg

WOOW! That outfit is dazzling!:eek:
Can you please tell me where did you buy it?

Sunny

One Too Many
Lauren said:
30ssuit.jpg
30ssuit2.jpg
Oh, YAY! I'm so glad you got that! (Because it didn't fit ME! :p )

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
wow! Thanks, gals! I'll be sure to take pictures when I get it :) I'm getting it shipped ahead to my to-be-mother-in-law's house so I'll have it for when we get to New York. Yay! :)
Miss.Monroe, it was on ebay. The seller id is julypoppy. She has some great stuff and is super nice, but the buy it now's are quite expensive (this was through an auction instead)
Oh, yes! Goldwyn Girl- I'm getting married this weekend! Eep! Getting close. Still sewing my dress...

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Lauren said:
30ssuit.jpg
30ssuit2.jpg

Oh this is absolutly amazing... when u get it .. please take pictures!

And congrats on the honeymoon! Hope u have a wonderful time.. where u and the hubby heading to? If u dont mind me asking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy