Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Shirin

A-List Customer
Oh WoW Klara, I love your boots and peep toes! Those are sooooo lovely! God cursed me with huge feet so I can't wear any vintage shoes. :mad: At least I've never seen any nice ones in a 10 yet.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
encyc1.jpg

I was the only bidder :) $5

LD

cecil

A-List Customer
Shirin said:
Oh WoW Klara, I love your boots and peep toes! Those are sooooo lovely! God cursed me with huge feet so I can't wear any vintage shoes. :mad: At least I've never seen any nice ones in a 10 yet.

My flippers and I feel your pain. I've never seen a pre-50s shoe bigger than an 8. I'm sure they're out there, I just can't find any! :(

klara

One of the Regulars
Odalisque said:
Love those boots and the heels. I need more shoes. :p

Thank you so much. I really don't need more shoes, got a pretty good collection, but I guess you can't have to many lol

klara

One of the Regulars
Shirin said:

Thanks. That's so sweet of you to say. That's to bad, but don't give up, they will show up someday ;)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got some stuff at an old costume shop that's going out of business here. ClubWitsEnd told me I needed to go and who am I to argue? Here are my finds:

Cute 40's/50's shoes (I have big feet, US 9.5, so these are quite a find)
IMG_1117.JPG
IMG_1118.JPG

Um, 40's platforms!! See above comment about having big feet...
IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1120.JPG

Purses
Lucite
IMG_1122.JPG

Telephone Cord
IMG_1124.JPG

Fun winter skirt. Italian wool with gold shimmer.
IMG_1125.JPG

The exact gold lurex dress I've been searching for for ages... (and at $30, the most expensive thing I bought here.)
IMG_1129.JPG

And my "free gift with purchase"! lol
IMG_1134.JPG

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Better than powertools!

I've been looking for a birthday present for my husband. He's really hard to buy for! I'm really excitied because I think I have found something he will love! Phillips' grandmother was Jean Desses cousin (for those who haven't heard of him here are a few links to some of his designs http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1486_couture/exhibHighDessesChiffon.php http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/photography/images/photograph/large/im00131.jpg )

I have just bought a christmas card (circa 1950's) signed by Desses & the design on the front is by Rene Gruau.
JeanDesses.jpg
JeanDessesDos.jpg

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
I thought I'd post some of my car boot booty from Sunday. The accordeon is from the turn of the last century bought for £5.00, and a Cresta (Fridor) sewing machine bought for the pricely sum of £1.00! I love the style of this machine very streamline and it works, loads of different feet for hemming, ruffling and darning. I'm a sucker for a sewing machine, I have about 7 at the last count.
CIMG2068.jpg

CIMG2070.jpg

CIMG2071.jpg

CIMG2072.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
Great sewing machine. We have a thread on those somewhere you can post it and your other 6 too :)

I bought this the other day, just a little brown crocheted handbag

1791.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Okay, so a few pages back I posted about a vintage skirt I had bought with a dancer border print, then I found some fabric with another hoe-down border print (which is going to turn into a skirt this weekend!)

3409948544_666e7a1087.jpg

3639228547_ed1e5a24f1_o.jpg

and today, another find (thanks to Darla's Blog)

3639228533_8254f175f2.jpg

This one is GREAT - cowboys and bottles of liquor!! collection of wacky vintage border prints here I come!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inky said:
the rest are cute, but that bowling shirt is very cool! you could make a wonderful story to go along with the Warehouse of Dinettes, Connie! :D

I know! I even have a cute pair of jeans to tuck it into. (What exactly is a warehouse of dinettes, anyway? A furniture store?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda