Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

SayCici

Practically Family
106biqh.jpg

"Antelope" pinking shears, I love the handles! The patent for these was issued in late December of 1949, so these are probably from the early 50s.

Lauren, thank you! :)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I have been meaning to take pictures of two really beautiful dresses I found in London, both in prestine condition, one with tags still. Both fits as if they were molded to me! Both are from the early 50s.

The first is a femme fatale, black silk velvet cocktail dress with halterneck and ivory trimming on the bust and detailed pockets.. really gorgeous and I become such a bitch in it ;)

The second is a very sweet white dress with pink flowers, mossgreen leaves and drawings of flowers. Halterneck aswell with an almost full skirt..

I am wearing the latter tonight to go dancing, so hopefully there'll be a few snaps of it!

SayCici said:
106biqh.jpg

"Antelope" pinking shears, I love the handles! The patent for these was issued in late December of 1949, so these are probably from the early 50s.

Lauren, thank you! :)

Those are great!
:eek:fftopic: Does anyone know how to sharpen pinking shears? I have my Grandmothers in their original box (I believe they are Antelope too)
but they need to be sharpened.

balgal

New in Town
Hello Ladies,

This is one of my most recent purchases. The lighting does not give this dress its justice! I love it so much! It has 6 tiers of fringe. And the straps are adjustable. I got this dress from ebay.

photo.php

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
You ladies and your gorgeous dresses are making me reconsider my reluctance to buy clothing I can't try on first. With E-bay I usually stick to compacts and furniture. A recent buy I'm hoping will show up in today's mail:

redcompact.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Darhling said:
I have been meaning to take pictures of two really beautiful dresses I found in London, both in prestine condition, one with tags still. Both fits as if they were molded to me! Both are from the early 50s.

The first is a femme fatale, black silk velvet cocktail dress with halterneck and ivory trimming on the bust and detailed pockets.. really gorgeous and I become such a bitch in it ;)

The second is a very sweet white dress with pink flowers, mossgreen leaves and drawings of flowers. Halterneck aswell with an almost full skirt..

I am wearing the latter tonight to go dancing, so hopefully there'll be a few snaps of it!

Can't wait to see the pics lovvie! xxxx

zendy

A-List Customer
Waiting for this one to arrive. The cut is very average but I just couldn't pass up that print.
il_fullxfull72454468.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay