Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vanessa

One Too Many
zendy said:
Waiting for this one to arrive. The cut is very average but I just couldn't pass up that print.
il_fullxfull72454468.jpg

Ha! I have a dress length of that exact fabric in The Stash.

laurakitty

Familiar Face
I'm really not supposed to be shopping at the moment, but these really weren't expensive at all and I've been very good recently.

281140115_o.jpg

White and navy 1950s halter with rhinestone studded collar

lilac.jpg
lilac1.jpg

Vintage Lavender chiffon dress

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Well, I can TELL you about them...

I had a few Art Deco and BAWMHRS ladies tell me instead of going to the SF Deco Sale shows, that I should check out the Alameda Flea Market which is on the first Sunday of the month. Our son Daniel and I went up there this morning and I found a few goodies. Supposedly there are 800 vendors, and we didn't get through the whole thing- it was sooo overwhelming. It was cold and windy, and my big brimmed sun hat kept blowing off. Bad mistake not to wear it, as I got my face and my upper chest sunburned- WAAAH!

I need to take PICS (I'm pretty tired right now and feeling too lazy to do it today) but I'll tell what I got for now...

For me-vintage pieces:
A lovely navy blue all-lace fabric very late 30s-early 40s dress with ruched ribbon detail on the bodice and sleeves (I need to find or have made a navy or nude slip to wear under it)- a real beauty of a dress and it fits great!
A pink nude and green striped rayon l/s blouse with halo buttons
A solid coral rayon l/s blouse with hand embroidery at the buttonholes
stone marten fur stole (the bodies with the heads, tails and feet that you drape around your shoulders - not sure what that is actually called)
a pair of vintage eyeglasses that are great for Edwardian events, that I will later have my lenses prescription made for them

for daughter Sarah-vintage pieces:
a full length Edwardian white laces and lawn/batiste tea gown- a gorgeous piece (I need to make her a batiste long slip for it )it fits her perfectly!
a solid light peach rayon full length 40s s/s evening dress

for me or Sarah: a real vintage Edwardian hat, that needs a little repair- but a fabulous hat!! The top is tan straw, the underbrim is navy straw.

for husband Chuck:
original 1932 issue of Etude' magazine
original 1918 soldier's song book

for Daniel:
Esterbrook fountain pen, year unknown
also two 50s metal cap guns, that I put on "hold" for today with the vendor, to save until next week to buy and ship. Then save away for Daniel's upcoming birthday

misc: large frame with misc multiple 1940s original family photos, one is a wedding pic with a faded paper markings on the back of the frame paper that said Wedding June 29, 1944. The groom is in WWII USN dress whites! All the pics are an excellent examples of mens' and ladies' hairstyles, clothes AND hats!

I think I shopped till I dropped, almost:p I promise to post pics soon!

Everything was found at very surprisingly good prices! I was told one of the BAWMHRS ladies that the vendors for the SF shows buy their things at this flea market and then mark things up and resell them in SF!

I didn't buy it (too high for my budget) but I rode around a little on a 1948 Hiawatha ladies bicycle! Very cool:)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Love the Alameda Flea Market!

The secret is to start at the BACK by the bay, as far from the front gate as you can get, then work your way forward. The farther from the gate, the cheaper the stuff. So the last row is pretty much garbage, but it can save you money!

In the second to the last row, I got 15 yards of green and silver lame for $5.00. Not the real metal lame, but a good fake.

SayCici

Practically Family
il_430xN.77547949.jpg

Hopefully I'm done for a while. Why is it that all the cute things I've been looking for always pop up at once?

zendy

A-List Customer
SayCici said:
il_430xN.77547949.jpg

Hopefully I'm done for a while. Why is it that all the cute things I've been looking for always pop up at once?
This is adorable. Where do you keep finding these beauties?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the tip Miss1929!! Daniel and I only got about maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of the way to the back before I got worn out. I've never been a flea market kinda gal- until yesterday!

One would think with my degree being in Cultural Anthropolgy, I'd be more of a hunterer/gatherer type...:rolleyes:

Daniel already said he wants to go again next month, but so far Sarah isn't very interested.

15 yds of anything for 5 bucks is a real deal- woohoo for you girlfriend!

Miss 1929 said:
Love the Alameda Flea Market!

The secret is to start at the BACK by the bay, as far from the front gate as you can get, then work your way forward. The farther from the gate, the cheaper the stuff. So the last row is pretty much garbage, but it can save you money!

In the second to the last row, I got 15 yards of green and silver lame for $5.00. Not the real metal lame, but a good fake.

zendy

A-List Customer
I have an addiction!

After purchasing that button buckle set I decided that I needed vintage buckles for all the dresses I plan on making. Just won this lot of 30:D
281426895_tp.jpg

Warbaby

One Too Many
Hope you all don't mind me popping in here to show off this vintage mink scarf I picked up at a garage sale this weekend for my wife. It's 8 feet long (!) and in great condition - and it was only $2.00.

MinkScarf.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy