Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

zendy

A-List Customer
That ABC's of mending sounds awesome, I'm going to be on a lookout for that now that I know it exists. Great find!

Lily Amelia

New in Town
There's a great charity/thrift shop close to where I work so I usually pay it a weekly visit to see what treaures I can find, so far I've picked up some old Babycham & Cherry B glasses and a tiki-style bamboo tray amongst other things. But this week I had a big find in the shape of a salon-style hood hairdryer! A bargain too at £8! It needs a bit of a clean up inside as its quite dusty but it's in perfect working order, much quieter than I expected too. Anyway, here it is....

http://www.fotki.com

I only picked it up yesterday so haven't had much time to play yet, but I was going out last night so splashed some water on my virtually straight hair and popped in some curlers then sat under it for about 10 minutes and got myself a quick curly do for the night :D

December

One of the Regulars
Lily Amelia that's amazing! I'm so jealous!!

I've just won this gorgeous winter dress on ebay
151-2.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Shirin i love those pants! what is the pattern number, if you don't mind my asking?

Okay, this probably 50's or 60's judging from the style of the mobile home, but I love it. We live in a manufactured home (the fancypants name for a mobile home - but mine has no wheels) and the story behind this plate is better than the plate!

3746589387_8baa34aaf8.jpg

I was watching 1000 Ways to Die on teevee (it's on Spike, in case you are into that sort of show) and they ran an episode of a fellow who was cleaning the toilet in a used RV (aka a truly mobile home). He used chlorine and when it mixed with the foul ancient sewage in the rv's tank, well, science ensued and he created a deadly chlorine gas and....died.

But I digress....in his adorable little death trap he had a plate much like this one. I thought it was a prop, but doubled over laughing yelling to the hubby I MUST HAVE ONE!! In less than a couple minutes on the fabulousness that is the internet, this silly thing was on it's way to my house and now hangs in a place of honor in the kitchen, right on the dreadful wallpaper we haven't re-done.

I don't love living in a mobile home, but it's only a mile from the ocean as the crow files, so I don't complain. and now my life is complete with my funny little plate.

and this is how collections begin....

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Inky said:
Shirin i love those pants! what is the pattern number, if you don't mind my asking?

Okay, this probably 50's or 60's judging from the style of the mobile home, but I love it. We live in a manufactured home (the fancypants name for a mobile home - but mine has no wheels) and the story behind this plate is better than the plate!

I was watching 1000 Ways to Die on teevee (it's on Spike, in case you are into that sort of show) and they ran an episode of a fellow who was cleaning the toilet in a used RV (aka a truly mobile home). He used chlorine and when it mixed with the foul ancient sewage in the rv's tank, well, science ensued and he created a deadly chlorine gas and....died.

But I digress....in his adorable little death trap he had a plate much like this one. I thought it was a prop, but doubled over laughing yelling to the hubby I MUST HAVE ONE!! In less than a couple minutes on the fabulousness that is the internet, this silly thing was on it's way to my house and now hangs in a place of honor in the kitchen, right on the dreadful wallpaper we haven't re-done.

I don't love living in a mobile home, but it's only a mile from the ocean as the crow files, so I don't complain. and now my life is complete with my funny little plate.

OMG! I love that plate! I live in a mobile home too! I must start searching for one!!!

Samantha

zendy

A-List Customer
Perfect pinker

I love crazy sewing gadgets, especially ones that make my life easier. I have no clue how old these are, but they work great!
cranepinker.jpg

lady eel

New in Town
Inky said:

I think that plate (or one of the set) is in 'The Encyclopedia of Bad Taste' which is a must have book. So you could say you have a BOOK PIECE! hahaha

here is my granny plate
001.jpg

ironic, as I AM a smart ass

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
zendy said:
I love crazy sewing gadgets, especially ones that make my life easier. I have no clue how old these are, but they work great!
cranepinker.jpg
are they pinking shears or some kind of tracing wheel? O_0

Just got this pattern and while its not an actual vintage pattern, it could be a repro of one of their originals
Butterick5281.jpg

I'm thinking of doing it in some black crape but I'm not quite positive does anyone have a suggestion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner