Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Bettie Booh

Familiar Face
Oh, this thread makes me go into shopping mode.

These are a few of the things I thrifted while in Stockholm in late july. I cant get the pictures to work, so hope the links works better.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O9kGn9qeVFU/Sm3fP0FZXSI/AAAAAAAAAoM/G4zc4pKMU-0/s1600-h/Bild+004.jpg
White frilly shirt, from the 50's or 60's I think

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_O9kGn9qeVFU/SnAT-BXuZHI/AAAAAAAAAqE/l4jNx0KSx84/s1600-h/Bild+087.jpg
50's and 60's Barbiedolls (with wardrobe)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_O9kGn9qeVFU/Sm3fjT-q1XI/AAAAAAAAAos/8PBnBjKAly0/s1600-h/Bild+007.jpg
White dress, a diner dress model, (bad picture) with flowers on it.

Foofoogal

Banned
Looks like Midge and Bubble Cut Barbie. Not sure about the middle one. Great finds. I love vintage Barbies and many collectors do also.
I have to tell a very funny vintage Barbie story.
I used to do shows quite a bit as a seller. One time I had the Bubble Cut Barbie whole of course. A lady came up to my booth and offered me $100.00 for the head. I said, no where would I get another body. lol

Bettie Booh

Familiar Face
Foofoogal said:
Looks like Midge and Bubble Cut Barbie. Not sure about the middle one. Great finds. I love vintage Barbies and many collectors do also.
I have to tell a very funny vintage Barbie story.
I used to do shows quite a bit as a seller. One time I had the Bubble Cut Barbie whole of course. A lady came up to my booth and offered me $100.00 for the head. I said, no where would I get another body. lol

Thx a lot, been trying to google them to find out "who" they are, what time period are they from? No, the middle one looks like the early 50's dolls Ive seen so far, and her body is made of another plastic than the two others, and her feet are totally different also. Iv'e also got two redhaired twin dolls, but I doubt they are as old as these two, Im guessing 70's. Or late 60's.

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
SayCici said:
3782514715_d6ca5b4e95.jpg

$5!
What a fantastic dress. Someone really knew how to work with stripes.

RockabillyHolly

New in Town
my boyfriends sister was in town this past weekend so we did some power shopping. here are a few of the things i found:
aug9c.jpg

aug9b.jpg

aug9a.jpg

(sorry for the big pics)

the shoes are a little scuffed but not bad. i got great deals on all of them so i'm even more excited about that!

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
A thrift store find!

swisstyle%20002.jpg

swisstyle%20003.jpg

It a wool 1940s vest with great embroidery. The label is "Swiss Style" and it has the label of a British department store. I bought it in the US, so it's a multi-national vest!

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Great Buys!

RockabillyHolly said:
my boyfriends sister was in town this past weekend so we did some power shopping. here are a few of the things i found:

aug9a.jpg

(sorry for the big pics)

the shoes are a little scuffed but not bad. i got great deals on all of them so i'm even more excited about that!

Love the shoes!

SayCici

Practically Family
fuzzylizzie said:
A thrift store find!

swisstyle%20002.jpg

swisstyle%20003.jpg

It a wool 1940s vest with great embroidery. The label is "Swiss Style" and it has the label of a British department store. I bought it in the US, so it's a multi-national vest!
I love it, fuzzylizzie! Do you have one of those puffy peasant type blouses to wear beneath it? ;)

Bettie Booh said:
Thx a lot, been trying to google them to find out "who" they are, what time period are they from? No, the middle one looks like the early 50's dolls Ive seen so far, and her body is made of another plastic than the two others, and her feet are totally different also. Iv'e also got two redhaired twin dolls, but I doubt they are as old as these two, Im guessing 70's. Or late 60's.

The middle doll is not a Barbie. Looks like a knock off of a Bild Lilly.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
fuzzylizzie said:
A thrift store find!

swisstyle%20002.jpg

swisstyle%20003.jpg

Fuzzielizzie, that is one of the best finds that I have seen in a long time, I can't tell you how jealous I am as there just aren't words! ;)

Which department store is the on the label, I'm dying here!!!

If you ever decide that you are tired with it then promise you'll give me first refusal? lol

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
AllaboutEve said:
Fuzzielizzie, that is one of the best finds that I have seen in a long time, I can't tell you how jealous I am as there just aren't words! ;)

Which department store is the on the label, I'm dying here!!!

If you ever decide that you are tired with it then promise you'll give me first refusal? lol

The label is Simpsons Piccadilly. Please don't be jealous!!

Lizzie

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda