Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

MissECP

New in Town
Swinggal, this top is just fantastic! Great find, i love it!

!B,W+P0Q!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLme88sBKrO8bot)Q~~_35.JPG

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
zendy said:
It's is snowing here in Idaho so what better way to welcome the next 8-10 months of freeze than with adorable new cloche hat!
cloche.jpg

YAY hats!

What a lovely hat, Zendy! I have a similar one with a strip of black lace instead of the ribbon, but it's so small, I'm afraid I'm going to pop a seam when I put it on. :(

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This wasn't a purchase, it was a gift. This is from a woman's estate who used to create hats for one of the major department stores in the 1950's, and their store tags are still attached. I received a box of vintage green ribbons, and another box of imported and US hat blanks of felt, fur felt and raffia! WOO-HOO! :eek: :D :eusa_clap I'll get better pics when I can, as I think some of the hat labels actually dated back to the 1920's, and the person who gave them to me agreed.

millinery-005.JPG

millinery-006.JPG

millinery-001.JPG

millinery-003.JPG

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Inky - Sorry it's a bit off topic but is there any chance you could post a close up of the lovely swallow pin that you have on in your avatar please, I'm interested in using a similar design for a project I have underway!

Thanks!!!

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I picked up my bonnet dryer from my sister yesterday (then spent 45 minutes in traffic :rage: ) but i got it home and mixed my lottabody and put one curler on the top of my head. I still have to get used to it. It's pretty loud. It puffs up and i think i look like a total goof, but my lovely man kept telling me i looked like a toadstool and it was really cute. He kept poking the top of it. I'm going to set my hair in some magnetic rollers this satuday and take some pictures. I can't wait!

Vintage Betty

Thanks ladies! I appreciate all the comments. Lauren-you have me curious-what would your husband like?? [huh]

Here's a close up of some of the ribbon labels. Note the phone number. :)

millinery-009.JPG

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh, my husband has been playing wit hat making for the last year. He's always blocking or steaming or adding ribbons to things- and trolling for vintage blocks and ribbons. You've got an amazing stash there! What a fabulous gift!

Vanessa

One Too Many
!B,VSv5gCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKrE3f1kcg~~_12.JPG

Just won this and whoops I thought it was blue with ivory embroidery, but it's black.

That'll teach me to read the descriptions a little better.

No matter though, it was a steal in either color.

Vintage Betty

Vanessa said:
!B,VSv5gCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKrE3f1kcg~~_12.JPG

Just won this and whoops I thought it was blue with ivory embroidery, but it's black.

That'll teach me to read the descriptions a little better.

No matter though, it was a steal in either color.

Wow, that's really pretty. I look forward to seeing a picture with you wearing this dress! :eusa_clap

Dutchess

Familiar Face
I just bought this lovely black leather bag (brand: Duel, never heard of it) from a Dutch ebay-like website. For only 7,50 euros (10 dollars?). The silk Pierre Cartier scarf I found in a vintage clothing shop in Tilburg. It has a wonderful print and I think it is an original Cartier. For only 2,50 euros, it's a steal. So happy!

HPIM3917.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Now that a fresh batch of photos is up on flickr, I'll show a few of my acquisitions:
First, the shoes I mentioned in the 1940s thread. They are comfortable, but a little brittle feeling, so I don't know how wise it is to wear them much.
4005549881_cf5d3efb14_b.jpg

Next, some shoes I bought for my pleading daughter years ago when she had wee feet. These things are small! Maybe a 5 or 5.5. One insole is stamped "Beleganti hand-made" and the other "Mrs. Replagle". There are numbers written in ink on the inside of each strap, and the year, 1959. Sigh. If only I didn't have massive hooves.
4006325128_e5cda2d823.jpg

Yesterday at the antiques market I picked up this 1928 yearbook for 5 bucks, and the not-quite-so-old leather billfold for a quarter.
4005523885_04fd8bc6c0_b.jpg

A beauty queen from the yearbook (look at that magnificent wave!), and some classic Shuron specs ($5).
4006297134_d80a0c9d5c.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
A couple more things

This zippy bag filled with state and county fair ribbons (nearly 50 of them) from 1946-1949, for 5 bucks:
4006277784_dffa46577a_b.jpg

And a little Max Factor powder box ($3).
3967886154_6356a105dd.jpg

zombi

A-List Customer
I LOVE the fair ribbons. Love them. Also the shoes are great -- do you think a cobbler could tell you if they are wearable/need any work or anything?

also that girl's wave is killer!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn