Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I WON THIS!!!!

lanebryant.jpg

A 79 page Lane Bryant catalog from 1932!!!!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
AND it was only $23. *pant* pant* *pant* :D

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lane Bryant catalogs are NEVER on eBay and on a whim I decided to search and there it was, two hours left and *no* bids!

I was so nervous that I would get sniped (I did) but I prevailed! I prevailed (you have no idea how happy I am)!

Im gonna be buried with it. :D
*happy dance* *happy dance*
LD

Emer

One of the Regulars
Not techinically vintage, but these shoes made my heart sing.

1034601.jpg

They're from Sofft shoes and they're modeled after Victorian shoes.

Inky

One Too Many
I shall never need another chiffon/nylon scarf in my lifetime!

A lot of 47 chiffon scarves, one white triangle hair net, and 2 of the most interesting black nylon turban things that I shall try to photograph later - would be a snap to make (they are modern - they have velcro) at a cost of 0.57 U.S. per scarf!

oh yes, there will be hair do's and neck scarves and scarves on purses, oh my!

This is just a few of them - it's amazing how much room 50 scarves takes up, lol.

4017706582_951158b3bf.jpg

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Inky said:

A lot of 47 chiffon scarves, one white triangle hair net, and 2 of the most interesting black nylon turban things that I shall try to photograph later - would be a snap to make (they are modern - they have velcro) at a cost of 0.57 U.S. per scarf!

This is just a few of them - it's amazing how much room 50 scarves takes up, lol.

OOOOOOOHHHHH Inky.. I have been lookin high and low for scarves to put in my hair.. now that you mention it.. Im going to have to check Ebay.. :)

:D :D

Antje

One Too Many
Inky said:

Inky, wooooowwwww, so great all those scarves, have fun with them

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:

Oo you lucky thing! I was just thinking I need some more scarves in different colours! What a score!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I put a little ad box on my blog a couple of months ago and it's been really great pocket money for me! The funds go into my Paypal... and straight out of my Paypal! I used it to buy this bakelite demi from Etsy:

4017278409_a7b55ac31c.jpg

I really wanted a red swirled bangle that I saw on there months ago, which was huge and chunky and expensive. This is the exact same colour and was less for both together, though the bangle's a smidge narrower. Never mind!

dgenevieve

Familiar Face
The Golden Dress

I posted over here on the Cleaning Vintage thread (still need advice!) about a dress I was considering buying. I decided to take the plunge (pun intended) and buy it despite the water stain. :rolleyes:

Ds40syellowdress1.jpg
_dsc0419_1.jpg

Early '40s, I believe?

Here are some detail shots:

goldendress_1.jpg

You can see the water stain better there. Still crossing my fingers that one of you ladies will have some tips about cleaning/cleaners!

goldendress_2.jpg

Gorgeous pleats at the waist/hips, and a stunning little "x" shaped self-belt! Too cute!!

goldendress_3.jpg

Zipper's in good condition, which I'm excited about. Only real issue (other than water stain) is this side seam coming apart a bit. Should be a pretty easy repair, if I can find the correct thread color!

I'm just bonkers over the color, the fit, the rayon fabric, the high v-neck... So thrilled that I was able to buy it... had to do a little haggling due to the stain and seam needing to be repaired.

After I get this lovely gown cleaned up, I'm headed straight to Cicada Club! ;)

I have some questions for you ladies regarding accessories... I believe there's a thread for advice on that, so I'll post there next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy