Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Inky said:
nom nom nom i want all the pretty things!!

and here's another classic staple for my outwear wardrobe - from the fabulous Holly at Lucite Box! Tell her Inky sent ya!

4093561504_e8207c36b1_o.jpg

Inky....that's going to go with so much including your famous red! Good investment! I did check out Holly's site last night after you posted the link. I will add her to my list of obsessions, lol.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
C-dot said:
Oh, my aching bank statement...

I just bought these. They'll be sent across the pond to my waiting arms (and legs) on the 20th of this month.

Gotta stop reading Amanda Lee's blog!

C-dot I love those! Be sure and tell us how you like them when they arrive. I think I might go repro for some of the everyday basics and great trousers and a pair of jeans top my list.

May I ask? Is it horribly expensive to import?

Inky

One Too Many
C-dot said:
Oh, my aching bank statement...

I just bought these. They'll be sent across the pond to my waiting arms (and legs) on the 20th of this month.

Gotta stop reading Amanda Lee's blog!

I have them, i love them! I didn't cuff mine but hemmed them to wear with wedges. Vivien's usually ships quickly as well - you'll have them in no time!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
23SkidooWithYou said:
May I ask? Is it horribly expensive to import?

Not terribly - The current exchange rate from Pound Sterling to US Dollars is £1 = $0.67, and to Canadian Dollars is $0.55. For me its roughly double, for you it'll be about 1/3 more. Just make sure you check your currency converter before you see £38 and jump for joy! lol

Inky - I figured you would have them, because I liked them! I'm glad to hear they'll get here fast. Canadian Dollars take 6-8 days to clear with PayPal, but American Dollars is only 3-5 :( So that's why I always have to wait so long. The ants that take permanent residence in my pants aren't happy with that arrangement at all.

I will also be hemming, as I hem every other darn thing in my wardrobe!

MagsRags

New in Town
@ C-Dot, those jeans are so cute, although I had to laugh at the idea of the high waist with "low crutch"!
:p
I'm going to have to go measure my vintage high waisted wide-leg USN jeans and see how these would compare.

Inky, were yours true to expected size?

Inky

One Too Many
C-Dot - lol, yes, we have similar taste. They are super long and i like how they look rolled up on the models, but not on me. I want to say I cut off at least 4 or 5 inches when I hemmed them (i'm 5'4") but don't quote me.

hemmed (size 34 waist) : http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3592/3785598880_3ba2a0e168_b.jpg

cuffed (size 36 waist): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3637/3322959797_b8f6a1280b.jpg

MagsRags
- i first ordered the 36 waist, but they were just a tad bit loose and too baggy for my taste in the crotch/belly area. I then ordered a 34 and those are much better of a fit, though slightly tighter in the waist on some days ;) see the pics above for how they look.

They are shinier than I expected - more trouser than dungaree (jeans). And I will likely replace the white buttons with navy buttons eventually, but that's just my own taste.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
I basically live in the Vivien of Holloway swing trousers at work, and will second that their shipments arrive quickly to the U.S., and that you'll probably need to shorten them -- I was dusting the floor and close to tripping over them when before I had them hemmed! lol

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SayCici said:
Wait, the shipping cost ITSELF is $28?? No that isn't reasonable for something as light as a pattern!
That's the three to ten day cost.. the "I don't know when it will get there" cost is less. Next day was over $35! I know this as I just mailed a pattern to Lorena B!

SayCici

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
That's the three to ten day cost.. the "I don't know when it will get there" cost is less. Next day was over $35! I know this as I just mailed a pattern to Lorena B!
Oh I totally understand that if you're mailing something overseas and want an expedited travel time, it will cost more, and I can understand why the seller would want to insure that the item got there, but I think the OP was under the impression that they were going to send it First Class/at the cheapest rate. I know when I'm giving an estimate for someone overseas, I give them the cheapest option and the Priority one.

It's weird/unfortunate to want to go buy something and the shipping cost is higher than the price of what you're buying.

analiebe

A-List Customer
dressingtable.jpg

finally i found the perfect dressing table for my room - 40's walnut & in immaculate condition for at an absolute steal (AUD$50!!!! - i couldn't believe my luck - and delivered to boot!) the only thing missing are the original handles (the elderly lady who owned it originally had chronic arthritis and changed the handles for easier use) so i'm now hunting 6 original handles

and when this walnut & maple late 30s baby get delivered in a few days my boudoir will be practically complete!!! too excited....

wardrobe01.jpg

now i just need to install a gorgeous gent and i'll never want to leave my bedroom!

Inky

One Too Many
Cici - that blouse pattern is gorgeous!!

analiebe - wow, that is my dream vanity! lucky girl!!

kamikat - it's perfect - i can't wait to hear your feedback on an open bottom girdle - i'm still holding back on buying one.

and finally, I am weak for the 49'er style coat - this one has no labels, is made of gabardine, lined and has the original owners name written on the inside collar. I love with it and wouldn't have it if it weren't for Blondie, who wins the Best Enabler tiara for the year!

4095631030_1e6bfb82dc.jpg

So I think I am set for jackets, yet I am still not the owner of a Pendleton brand 49'er. Someday the right one will come my way!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
analiebe said:
dressingtable.jpg

wardrobe01.jpg

now i just need to install a gorgeous gent and i'll never want to leave my bedroom!

Analiebe,

I think we are long lost sisters! Your new treasures just make my heart sing! I adore the dressing table. I can't believe people ever got rid of such things. Please, please promise to give an interior shot of the wardrobe when it lands. Oh, and let me know what gents are going for in your part of the world. My collection seems to be without one of those too! lol

cynroux

Familiar Face
I too, adore and covet that dressing table!

I've put aside shopping for myself in favor of bulking up my husband's vintage wardrobe. I found a nice 3 button houndstooth jacket this morning that will actually fit his broad shoulders and long arms. He's a bear to fit, so I was thrilled.

4095657020_27e250ddcc.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Inky said:
[
4095631030_1e6bfb82dc.jpg

So I think I am set for jackets, yet I am still not the owner of a Pendleton brand 49'er. Someday the right one will come my way!

Inky,

Ha! I looked at the very same just yesterday! Okay, so now I know my eye is improving! You are going to look great in the red/grey combo. Did you see the one on Etsy that was in the royal blues and greens? Those are more my colors but I really was unsure of the size. Of course it's gone. Ah well, just means something else is around the corner.

Thought...Would a vintage "commune" be too sixties minded? If we all lived closer, we could expand our wardrobes leaps and bounds. ;)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
cynroux said:
I too, adore and covet that dressing table!

I've put aside shopping for myself in favor of bulking up my husband's vintage wardrobe. I found a nice 3 button houndstooth jacket this morning that will actually fit his broad shoulders and long arms. He's a bear to fit, so I was thrilled.

4095657020_27e250ddcc.jpg

Cynroux...I'll count you in if we ever do the "vintage commune", lol. The jacket is fantastic and I'm sure your husband will look amazing. I swear, if men still dressed like that today, I wouldn't be able to walk down the street for all the weakness in my knees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo