Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

SayCici

Practically Family
Analiebe, I love the wardrobe! I wouldn't be able to fit all my clothes in just one of them but they are beautiful.

Louise Anne

Suspended
This is my latest vintage purchase, a very cute vinyl case with a pair of seamed ff nylons in it.
lifelons.jpg

My question is why have a case

Could it be a free gift to promote the brand etc etc,

or was the cases intended to be sold as a small present making it more PC for a person to give a lady,

did ladies buy a case to store her stocking in maybe to go in a suit case on a trip..
I know the company made stocking between 1946 and 1966 so that the time line!

I love to know your thoughts on this case

Thanks Paul.

Lorena B

Practically Family
SayCici said:
Oh I totally understand that if you're mailing something overseas and want an expedited travel time, it will cost more, and I can understand why the seller would want to insure that the item got there, but I think the OP was under the impression that they were going to send it First Class/at the cheapest rate. I know when I'm giving an estimate for someone overseas, I give them the cheapest option and the Priority one.

It's weird/unfortunate to want to go buy something and the shipping cost is higher than the price of what you're buying.
well, in my case in the end cost me nothing!!, not because she sent me the item for free but because she thought it would be better to cancel the transaction.
Nice eh?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I've been wanting to try this style of marcel waver for a while, and I got a lot of 6 of them today. I'm hoping they are easy so I can just put them in after I get out of the shower for styled hair after it dries. :)
hairclamps.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Paul - i love the stockings and their adorable case! I know my mother kept her stockings in a special satin envelope in her lingerie drawer - and still does but now it's her panty hose! It kept her stockings from snagging on other items in the drawer, and was good for travel as well, so perhaps that is the same for yours.

Lauren
- those are very interesting looking clips - you must take pictures of wearing them with your results!!

And a good day here - sent the hubby out to look for some hat boxes at the local shops and while he came home without any boxes - he did buy me this beautiful Coro bracelet, knowing nothing about Coro but just liking how it looked and that it was in virtually unworn condition. He has a good eye for the shiny ;)

4097051852_a50a0ae57b.jpg

This bracelet is silver-tone, with 12 beautiful gray vitrail stones, all in perfect condition. No wear showing on the bracelet or clasp. Pegasus Coro mark with © symbol indicates it 1955 or later. Likely a late 50's/early 60's piece judging from the style. (some info on Coro marks for you here)

I love it more because he picked it out ;)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
I think we're all on a roll today....

Look kids, I'm not a vintage virgin (can you say that word here?) anymore!

Actual street wear! I love this dress, not sure why but I do. Color me happy!

50s_Edwardian_Novelty_Print_002.jpg

50s_Edwardian_Novelty_Print_038.jpg

And this was a novel idea to keep your clothes neat while setting your hair or applying your makeup...looks like somebody crafted it from linen towels and embroidered a comb and brush on it. Not bad for 99 cents and shipping.

317109204_tp.jpg

This one was a bit of an impulse as I'm not 100% on the size but I figured I'd go for it since I'm into brown for the fall.

50s_Brown_Novelty_Print_029.jpg

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Paul said:
This is my latest vintage purchase, a very cute vinyl case with a pair of seamed ff nylons in it.
lifelons.jpg

My question is why have a case

Could it be a free gift to promote the brand etc etc,

or was the cases intended to be sold as a small present making it more PC for a person to give a lady,

did ladies buy a case to store her stocking in maybe to go in a suit case on a trip..
I know the company made stocking between 1946 and 1966 so that the time line!

I love to know your thoughts on this case

Thanks Paul.

I've never seen a vinyl case like that, just the satin ones that Inky mentioned. I think it's super-cute; great find! Now I want one!

zendy

A-List Customer
23SkidooWithYou said:
Look kids, I'm not a vintage virgin (can you say that word here?) anymore!

Actual street wear! I love this dress, not sure why but I do. Color me happy!

50s_Edwardian_Novelty_Print_002.jpg

50s_Edwardian_Novelty_Print_038.jpg

And this was a novel idea to keep your clothes neat while setting your hair or applying your makeup...looks like somebody crafted it from linen towels and embroidered a comb and brush on it. Not bad for 99 cents and shipping.

317109204_tp.jpg

This one was a bit of an impulse as I'm not 100% on the size but I figured I'd go for it since I'm into brown for the fall.

50s_Brown_Novelty_Print_029.jpg

Oh I love he brown one. I'll cross my fingers that it fits you!

dgenevieve

Familiar Face
Inky said:
And a good day here - sent the hubby out to look for some hat boxes at the local shops and while he came home without any boxes - he did buy me this beautiful Coro bracelet, knowing nothing about Coro but just liking how it looked and that it was in virtually unworn condition. He has a good eye for the shiny ;)

4097051852_a50a0ae57b.jpg

This bracelet is silver-tone, with 12 beautiful gray vitrail stones, all in perfect condition. No wear showing on the bracelet or clasp. Pegasus Coro mark with © symbol indicates it 1955 or later. Likely a late 50's/early 60's piece judging from the style. (some info on Coro marks for you here)

I love it more because he picked it out ;)

:eusa_clap Bravo hubby!!!

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Picture1-1.png

Picture2-3.png

AN old sewing box chock full of notions. I for some reason want to start a collection of vintage seam gauges. :rolleyes: Perhaps I wont...

LD

What a jackpot!!! I love old sewing notions, lucky you :eusa_clap

23SkidooWithYou - Those dresses are just gorgeous!

analiebe

A-List Customer
miss golightly... i know... beautiful dressing tables like this have always been too pricey for me but i was determined to find one eventually and couldn't believe the price!!

23skidoo... (i always knew i had a sister out there somewhere!) the people i bought it from were moving into an apartment and had no room for it... they did understand completely how beautiful it was & i just lucked out getting it for such a bargain... the best thing was how happy they were it was going to someone who obviously loved & appreciated it... and i'll be sure to take pics of the interior for you to see when the wardrobe arrives!.... as for the gents - its so hard to find an original these days and i think the undamaged ones are quite pricey lol

LOVE your new treasures too - especially the first frock!

cici... thank you & be sure that theres two more wardrobes in another room already bursting at the seams!:)

inky
... sitting in front of it i certainly feel like ALMOST the luckiest girl... but not quite as much as you with your gorgeous bracelet from your sweet hubby... now all he has to do is grow that moustache back...lol

kamikat... i'm a huge fan of the open bottom girdle - hope it wears well for you!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
bettydarling said:
I found these two beauties in an Oxfam store in Dublin on Monday, absolutely thrilled because I've been looking for a nice wiggle

What fantastic finds! The first really reminds me of a suit Dita Von Teese was photographed wearing not too long ago. I haven't been in Oxfam for a long time - must check it out again!

I have been after a 1940's princess coat for ages and finally went and bought this Lilli Ann beauty:

LilliAnnPrincessCoat.jpg

cynroux

Familiar Face
Lady Day, you make me appreciate the seam gauge I inhereted from my Mom even more. :)

bettydarling, that checked wiggle is to die for!

Miss Golightly, that dress is absolutely LOVELY and will work for so many occasions. Love it!

I swore I was only going to shop for the Mr. in the next few weeks, but I found this little number for song and talked myself into it. It took all of a half a second.

4098515696_5c1de19d15_o.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Cynroux! I just love the cut of it - will get loads of wear out of it!

bettydarling said:
Miss Golightly that coat is stunning! Where did you find it?

Thanks Bettydarling! I found it on Etsy - I wasn't even looking for a coat - I just stumbled across it and had to have it! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran