Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Clubwitsend, that trunk is absolutely AMAZING! Oh my gosh! Can I just come over and touch it? lol

Inky, that frock is fabulous! I love the tone of gold.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Inky said:
And finally, a recent purchase: a gold lurex party frock...now I just need to find a party!

4152700743_c40191fbcf_o.jpg
Inky, wow !!! Party at my house on the 18th !!!!

zendy

A-List Customer
So many beauties. I am particularly envious of that trunk. What a fascinating history too! Lucky lucky girl. Inky, I would wear that dress everywhere and pretend to be a starlet. There needn't be a party when any occasion is one for looking fabulous. I'd even wear it going to the drugstore and picking up the paper in the morning lol

cecil

A-List Customer
23SkidooWithYou said:
Down, definitely down! The angle with the wave down and the veil is more sophistocated. Up is sort of whimsical. Down packs the drama.

BTW When I remembered you were a Schaparelli fan, I got all excited and was going to pm you about a stole I saw. Alas, it isn't black or even mahogany. Well, if it were mahogony, it might be on my back, lol. ;)

Hahaha that is so sweet of you to think of me!

And you're right. I'll probably wear it up when I'm just being my regular flashy self and down when I'm feeling really OTT. lol

Clubwitsend, that trunk! Omg! Best provenance evor!!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
clubwitsend said:
Sorry for the huge image! This is a trunk I just won on ebay...it belonged to Doris Eaton Travis- the last living Ziegfeld Girl! (shes 105 right now, and still dances three times a week!) This was her trunk while she was in the Follies from 1918-1920!

Ohhhhhh! How marvelous! Gosh, if there were a way, I'd have to try to get in touch with Ms. Travis and let her know how much the trunk means to me. She might get a kick out of it and, who knows, perhaps she'll tell you a story or two about where that trunk has been! ;)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Inky said:
And finally, a recent purchase: a gold lurex party frock...now I just need to find a party!

4152700743_c40191fbcf_o.jpg

Oh, oh, Inky's gonna rock the frock! Don't worry about finding the party...in that dress, the party will find you! I'm already wondering how you'll wear your hair! Be sure to post pics. :)

Bettys Closet

New in Town
miss1929

Cant wait to get the jacket...
Thank you thank you....
and thanks to my mother for being a good santa claus... ;)
p.s. what beautiful purchases everybody hehe

Dutchess

Familiar Face
1940's dress

hpim4476.jpg

HPIM4421.jpg

Original forties dress. Blue crepe dress with original belt, shoulderpads and
black sequins. In mint condition! The owner of my favorite shop though it would fit me...and it did. I never find stuff to fit my size (44/46, high waist, big hips). It taught me to become friends with the owners vintage shops...

hpim4480.jpg

clubwitsend

Practically Family
23SkidooWithYou said:
Ohhhhhh! How marvelous! Gosh, if there were a way, I'd have to try to get in touch with Ms. Travis and let her know how much the trunk means to me. She might get a kick out of it and, who knows, perhaps she'll tell you a story or two about where that trunk has been! ;)

Oh, I'm working on this! I'm actually trying to get ahold of her to do an interview for my magazine! :) I hope I don't seem like a weirdo saying, "oh, and by the way- I bought your old trunk on ebay" LOL

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
clubwitsend said:
Oh, I'm working on this! I'm actually trying to get ahold of her to do an interview for my magazine! :) I hope I don't seem like a weirdo saying, "oh, and by the way- I bought your old trunk on ebay" LOL

I would love to read an interview with her! Should it come to fruition, just don't lead with "I'm your biggest fan" ala Kathy Bates in "Misery". ;)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dutchess said:
hpim4476.jpg

HPIM4421.jpg

Original forties dress. Blue crepe dress with original belt, shoulderpads and
black sequins. In mint condition! The owner of my favorite shop though it would fit me...and it did. I never find stuff to fit my size (44/46, high waist, big hips). It taught me to become friends with the owners vintage shops...

hpim4480.jpg
That's lovely! And it still has its original belt, so rare!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
clubwitsend said:
1319_3.JPG

Sorry for the huge image! This is a trunk I just won on ebay...it belonged to Doris Eaton Travis- the last living Ziegfeld Girl! (shes 105 right now, and still dances three times a week!) This was her trunk while she was in the Follies from 1918-1920!

I'm totally green with envy and curious about how much you had to give up for it? It's worth a million! Will you take better pictures of it when it arrives? I would love to see all the details...

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Laura Chase said:
I'm totally green with envy and curious about how much you had to give up for it? It's worth a million! Will you take better pictures of it when it arrives? I would love to see all the details...

I'll definitely post some more photos! It was a fairly hefty buy for me, but under $500 including shipping...but its priceless in my mind! :) AND I'll actually use it as storage/furniture...yippee!

Not looking forward to dragging it up the stairs to my apt, tho. Oy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy