Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Oh my goodness! That dress!
Miss Golightly said:
BWDress.jpg
It reminds me of my friend judy's dress *drool*
l_2b08aa8ecae841e2b7fd62c7ea2d8fba.jpg

Miss Golightly, Promise to post pics of yourself in these lovely creations!

deadpandiva, this means we'll be sweater sisters!

zaika

One Too Many
I hit up my local vintage shop, and found this pretty necklace. Not sure when it was made or anything, and the shop lady didn't know...but I love it all the same.

4377710232_9b447eb9c2_b.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
cherry lips said:
Oh my goodness! That dress!

It reminds me of my friend judy's dress *drool*
l_2b08aa8ecae841e2b7fd62c7ea2d8fba.jpg

Miss Golightly, Promise to post pics of yourself in these lovely creations!

Thanks Cherry Lips! Your friends dress is gorgeous - I love the neckline! When I saw this dress first it reminded me a little of Marilyns dress from Somethings Got to Give:

marilyn-monroe-in-una-foto-per-la-p.jpg

MMSGTG.jpg

I love her whole wardrobe from that movie!

I promise to post some pics once I've had my baby and am back in my vintage threads - due today but he/she doesn't seem to be in a rush to make an appearance as yet!!!!!!!!! ;)

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Miss Golightly your finds are always amazing, very much looking forward to seeing them in action!! Good luck with the little one :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
bettydarling said:
Miss Golightly your finds are always amazing, very much looking forward to seeing them in action!! Good luck with the little one :)

Thanks so much Bettydarling! I reckon my husband might have something to say about the amount of time I spend cruising on Etsy!!!!!!! I clearly have an addiction!!!!!!!

Will keep you all posted on when he/she decides to make their grand entrance! ;)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Miss Golightly said:
Thanks so much Bettydarling! I reckon my husband might have something to say about the amount of time I spend cruising on Etsy!!!!!!! I clearly have an addiction!!!!!!!

Will keep you all posted on when he/she decides to make their grand entrance! ;)

Yeah, but I'll bet his pals say he's got the "hot" wife! ;) I wish you all the best with the delivery of the little angel! I know you'll be back in your vintage before you know it!

BTW The dress is really pretty and so close to Marilyn's!

:eek:fftopic: I don't think I've ever seen Something's Got to Give. I'll have to give it a watch. Watching Marilyn is actually strange for me. It's hard to imagine people grabbing for a piece of her...and yet I'm sad when I see her. I have a compilation CD of her singing various movie scores. The very last song is her introduction to Kennedy's Bday bash and her singing Happy Birthday. I get as far as, "Mr. President, the late Marilyn Monroe" and have to stop it there.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Wow! I haven't seen Somethings got to give either. It was never completed. How long is the fragmented DVD version? If a black and white rose dress ever comes my way, I'll be waiting for it with open arms!
il_430xN.89360209.jpg

Speaking of roses, I bought this blue rose ring in a boutique today. The Swedish girl who made it has an etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/cajsita
Good luck with the baby!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
23SkidooWithYou said:
Yeah, but I'll bet his pals say he's got the "hot" wife! ;) I wish you all the best with the delivery of the little angel! I know you'll be back in your vintage before you know it!

BTW The dress is really pretty and so close to Marilyn's!

:eek:fftopic: I don't think I've ever seen Something's Got to Give. I'll have to give it a watch. Watching Marilyn is actually strange for me. It's hard to imagine people grabbing for a piece of her...and yet I'm sad when I see her. I have a compilation CD of her singing various movie scores. The very last song is her introduction to Kennedy's Bday bash and her singing Happy Birthday. I get as far as, "Mr. President, the late Marilyn Monroe" and have to stop it there.

That's so lovely - thank you!

You should check out You Tube for some scenes from Something's Got to Give - Marilyn is just radiant in it - and so sweet and funny. Such a shame that the movie was never completed - I think it would have been brilliant - her comic touch was just superb - you really can't take your eyes off her when she's on screen.

She could really sing as well - I have a few CDs of her singing and one has a really insightful introduction where the reviewer describes her as an excellent jazz vocalist - I think that hits the nail on the head.

If you watch some scenes from SGTG I would love to know what you think!

cherry lips said:
Wow! I haven't seen Somethings got to give either. It was never completed. How long is the fragmented DVD version? If a black and white rose dress ever comes my way, I'll be waiting for it with open arms!

il_430xN.89360209.jpg

Speaking of roses, I bought this blue rose ring in a boutique today. The Swedish girl who made it has an etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/cajsita
Good luck with the baby!

There is a documentary (which could be on You Tube) that's available which was made when the unseen footage was discovered in a vault - it hadn't been seen in years - some great interviews and gorgeous footage of Marilyn -I think the documentary is around 60 minutes long - well worth a look.

I hope you find a b/w rose dress - good luck with your search!

This is gas - I was only looking at carved rose earrings last night on Etsy - I am having a think about some coral ones that I saw - they wouldn't break the bank and are so pretty.

That ring is gorgeous - such a pretty colour!

Thanks for your best wishes - I hope I have news soon! :)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
The footage of "Somethings got to Give" was included in a box set of movies. I think it runs about 30 minutes and in my opinion a joy to watch. Her interaction with Dean Martin is just wonderful !

cherry lips, that rose ring is lovely !

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
The clothes on here are beautiful and drool-worthy! I haven't any fresh garments to share yet (but stay tuned for arrival of recent Etsy order....), however, I did make a rather hefty purchase yesterday afternoon. Let me say I pride myself on my shopping restraint in most situations, but visceral effect of old books is too much for me to overcome, making the annual Friends of the Library book sale a moment (okay, two hours) of madness. While I try hard to be selective - and you should see all the treasures I have to leave behind! - several grocery bags full are the norm.

A beautiful batch of "The Lost Generation", along with a script for "The Bad Seed" ("Oh Rhoda!).
4379139471_bacafc63cb_b.jpg

Old yearbooks (a particular weakness of mine), "Amateur Artist" handbook, 1906, and fascinating (but empty) stamp album with no date. The most recent US stamps shown are 3 cents.
4379893972_9264cb2107.jpg

A plate from one of several children's books. This one is "Artie and the Princess", 1945.
4379892564_9df4907602.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
ThesFlishThngs said:
Did I mention the best thing about this sale is the books are all 50 cents or 1 dollar?

That's quite a haul - some fabulous finds! There is nothing more relaxing than trawling through old books - you never know what you'll find!

I have the same Art Deco Interiors book - it's very good - lots of inspiring photos of divine interiors!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Oh the rainy, snowy afternoons I could dream away with your haul at my side!

Great finds and I love the deco covers on the year books!

PS between your bathroom and my kitchen, oy!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I was thinking of you, 23 - one of the books that didn't get photographed due to being upstairs amongst the bedside reads, is a 1941 floppy yearbook, from Minersville, PA. The hairdos on those girls - wowser!

Smuterella

One Too Many
I know what you mean about Etsy - I just reserved this lovely little Corde hat and bag in dark brown - thats two key items off my "need to buy" list!

il_430xN.44984515.jpg

il_430xN.44984498.jpg

il_430xN.44984538.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
^^^^^^

Oh, how lovely! I'm not familiar with "Corde". The first time I heard it was a few days ago when FooFooGal was referring to a Corde bag she found. I am so happy you posted the pics. The purse is wonderful but the hat...sigh...the hat!

Glad to hear someone else has a little list going.
I'm trying to stick to a little list myself, which really could end up including a Corde bag thanks to you Smuts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy