Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your scarves ...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
One of my scarves in action, doing what they were maid to do. This was last May, at the OBR9, [Old Bike Ride.] Yes the mountains get cold.
Sportster3.jpg
Sportster4.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The weather has turned and its cold again. What better excause than to set out scarf hunting:

I know I've said I'm not going to buy paisley patterned scarves anymore, but it was nice and cheap. No label, but I would guess its a 'Sammy or a 'Duggie':
IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Another one without a label. This appears to be a silk (or very soft rayon?) with a soft cotton back:
IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

No scarf shopping trip is complete without buying at least one Tootal. The design isn't one of my favourites but it was only £5, and quite often London dealers sell these at £25:
IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
Nice scarf...like the hat, too, Spitfire.

Scarves are starting to dry up at local thrift stores, thanks to the gradual warming of spring, but I found this pale green silk number today:

Screenshot2012-04-11at73823PM.png

Screenshot2012-04-11at73843PM.png

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Nice scarf...like the hat, too, Spitfire.

Scarves are starting to dry up at local thrift stores, thanks to the gradual warming of spring, but I found this pale green silk number today:

Screenshot2012-04-11at73823PM.png

Screenshot2012-04-11at73843PM.png

Very nice. Who is it made by? I love the pattern. The width makes me think it might be modern?

DNO

One Too Many
Definitely modern. It has a nice hefty feel to it. Beyond saying 100% silk, the label isn't of much help. I suspect it's Chinese. I wore it while out and about today and found it quite comfortable. I am really lusting after those beautiful vintage scarves that you keep posting Two Types but they seem few and far between on this side of the pond. As long as nice modern ones like this keep throwing themselves at me for $2, I'll keep picking them up! Meanwhile there's an excellent rummage sale coming up this Saturday...there may well be a vintage scarf or two! (Or even an nice hat!)

Then again, I sorted out my scarves last night...I sure seem to have a lot of scarves!

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's another one. Most likely German (I found it in a shop full of vintage German ties and scarves), but it has no maker's name:

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
They are fantastic. Is the background on the top one actually black? I very seldom see black scarves.

Will we be seeing you post some more from your vintage collection?

I hope so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW