Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your scarves ...

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
dark green rayon American, and British CC41 (probably also rayon):

scarves.jpg

rayonlabel.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
I was rooting around in the local Goodwill today...50% off sale today...and made a lucky find. Hanging in the women's scarf area (as usual) was this striking vintage green and maroon beauty. No labels, unfortunately.

Screenshot2012-04-27at65202PM.png

Screenshot2012-04-27at65223PM.png

I brought it home and when I compared it with another scarf that I had picked up back in February at a totally different thrift shop, I discovered it was a twin, albeit in a different colour. Here's the one I already had:

blueandmaroon.png

blueandmaroondetail.png

What are the odds of a strange find like that?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
blueandmaroondetail.png

What are the odds of a strange find like that?

Well, if you find another example in that pattern, that will surely be one too many. In which case it will need to be rehoused on this side of the Atlantic .... if you know what I mean!

DNO

One Too Many
More luck today. A nice yellowish Tootal, 60's vintage I suspect. The scarf has much more yellow in it than the photos would indicate.

newtootal.png

newtootaldetail.png

And an unlabelled silk number. I suspect it, too, is the same vintage.

newbrown.png

newbrowndetail.png

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The summer is finally here - just in time for me to buy a new scarf. It's another Tootal, but it my first with what the label describes as a 'Patented finish'. It feels much smoother than any of the others I own, and is more like an artificial silk, rather than the cotton feel of the more commonly used rayon.

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

Here is my tip to scarf lovers: if you are buying on Ebay, look at the design that aren't Paisley, they sell much cheaper than the paisley designs - despite paisley being much more common.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Sorry but I've been scarf shopping again. This Tootal has one of those lovely patterns that seem to be ignored by most people buying vintage scarves:
tootaltebilizeddetail.jpg

tootaltebilized.jpg

tootaltebilizedlabel.jpg

And here's a brown one with a typically 1950s design:
browntootal.jpg

browntootaldetail.jpg

browntootallabel.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
Lovely scarves as usual TT. I've picked up a few in the last couple of days...modern designer stuff. Won't bother posting pics. Pining for some nice vintage, though. The quest continues.

Last edited:

DNO

One Too Many
Always a delight to see your new scarves, TT. Keep posting.

I finally found my first cravat yesterday...green with red dots. Cravats are hard to come by on this side of the pond.

Screenshot2012-06-07at52936PM.png

Screenshot2012-06-07at52950PM.png

No label unfortunately.

Temperatures are hitting the high twenties and mid thirties for the next little while...guess the scarves go in the closet until September!

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Finally got around to taking a snap of those I wear most often and, the dress Stewart excepted, my love of silk polka dot scarves:

003.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Like the polkadots, Smithy. I don't have any at all (except my new cravat).

Thanks DNO. I'm after another silk polka dot now in a forest green with white spots. Saw a Tootal one awhile ago on eBay and am waiting for another to break cover.

Like that square tailed cravat of yours, most unusual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points