Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your scarves ...

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Another couple of Tootals (I really have got to stop buying scarves!):

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
That's right ... hooked and broke!

The only positive thing i can report is that I haven't bought a pair of shoes/boots for almost a year and have stopped buying cravats (for the time being, at least). So, if I can only wean myself off buying scarves and ties ......

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
just so that you don't miss my ever-growing collection of scarves, here are two more:

I picked this up very cheaply from ebay. it doesn't have a maker's name, just the words 'Acetate Scarf, Made in Macclesfield'. I would estimate late 1940s, early 1950s:

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

And (of course) another Tootal

IMG_2506.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
Always a pleasure seeing your scarves. I just wish the summer would peter out so the local thrift stores would start stocking scarves again!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Some nice scarves still being found and displayed on here....here's a couple that I recently bought at local charity shops, the darker green one looks/ feels like silk or silken fabric and I think will go well with evening attire, the paisley one is wool backed and will be great for the winter....I don't think either have much if any wear;
30b31uw.jpg

2iuxjjt.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
No TT if there was I'd show it, they are both very nicely made and the pictures don't really do the vibrant colours justice, I think I have a red paisley with string tassle ends Tootal 'wash as silk' all rayon fabric somewhere that I haven't shown yet.I'll have to dig it out.
Ties and scarves are just too easy to keep buying as they are generally cheap-ish and easy to store, I'll use the scarves as cravats I think as I have very few of them as I don't tend too see many at least in charity shops!

DNO

One Too Many
At long last the thrift stores are restocking their scarves! The first one isn't that old and is made by Forsyth.

Forsyth-1.png

The second one, however, is a really nice vintage rayon, maker unknown.

vintage.png

vintagedetail.png

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to age?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points