Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your scarves ...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Nice additions to your collection. What does it number these days? BTW, I wonder if anything can be done to rehabilitate the fringe on old scarves. I have a few that have seen better days.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I just counted them: there were 54 scarves in total. Then another one arrived in today's post! I am rather pleased with the new one: it is the first time i have found a Tootal scarf that is a perfect match for one of my cravats. I don't think I will wear them together, but it's nice to know i have the choice!

As for rehabilitating the fringe: whenever i have been forced to wash a scarf the fringe has looked awful. I don't think I have ever dry cleaned one. So, I really don't know the solution to that question.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
bought this 1930s scarf the other day. thick blanket-like fabric. tube construction:

scarf_zps4daff4b1.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
It's a line we all walk at sometimes. I could say the same of myself when I bought the CC41 white scarf: I paid more for that than they charge for a perfect condition 1930s German stroller jacket in the less knowledgeable shops on Brick Lane.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Just thought I'd share a couple of scarves I found a couple of weeks ago at a vintage charity event before we all put our scarves away for the summer!!!, a steal at £3 each I think?
Both are very good condition with very little wear, I don't think the Sammy one has ever been worn?

wmlesy.jpg
jv0os8.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
You have the expert eye TT, I hadn't even noticed, just checked and indeed it has though I reckon they've all been time consumingly removed as the scarf is too good and unworn....any idea what colour they should be as the holes are all there so should be easy to replace???

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's one for all you Canadians,

a vintage ice hockey scarf:

ice-hocket-detail_zps47be46a4.jpg

ice-hockey_zps551e145e.jpg

I also found this incredibly dainty scarf today. It feels much older than any of my other scarves:

green-short_zps3f2461c1.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
That hockey scarf is quite different, Two Types, but I love that green Tootal, tassels or no tassels.

A couple of recent thrift store finds:

No maker but a nice heavy rayon fabric:

Screenshot2013-06-10at113130PM_zpsa13f0847.png

Again, no maker but a lovely silk scarf...much more elegant than it looks in the photo:

Screenshot2013-06-10at113139PM_zpsaafb7614.png

Screenshot2013-06-10at113147PM_zpsdc6d8ceb.png

The quest continues.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I only have one scarf - Light brown wool. Now that it's winter Down Under (yes, we have winter here), it's finally coming out of the closet.

One day I'd like to buy myself a white wool scarf, like what the flyboys used to have back in the World Wars. They're cool...

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
DNO: It's good to see you are still out there shopping for scarves. The brown one is a stunner. That is such a bold paisley print. It looks quite old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo