Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your scarves ...

DNO

One Too Many
DNO: It's good to see you are still out there shopping for scarves. The brown one is a stunner. That is such a bold paisley print. It looks quite old.

Still looking! The brown scarf has some nice age to it, but it is in excellent condition. I'm on the verge of doing a cull of my scarves. I find that I gravitate to my older ones and very rarely wear the newer scarves.

DNO

One Too Many
It's been a while since I posted here but I've found some nice older scarves lately.

This one is a nice weighty rayon...no label, though.

A nice, older Forsth.

And a first for me...an older scarf by Brill.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
DNO, those are some nice looking scarves. I've just recently become interested in scarves and I don't have any as nice as yours.

DNO

One Too Many
Thanks, gentlemen. I'm keenly anticipating the return of cooler weather so I can start wearing my scarves again! That Brill has a nice length to it as well.

BR: I find all my scarves in local thrift stores but I suspect they may be more common up here in chilly Toronto than in lovely, warm New Mexico!

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
One of my more recent finds from a thrift shop.
The type of label denoting pure silk hints to 1930-60's. I suspect 50's.

SAM_4889.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Vintage shops in the UK (and UK Ebay) are absolutely full of German silk and rayon scarves from the 1950s. It must make finding them in Germany rather difficult.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
They are rather hard to find here. Especially "simple" patterns, which I prefer. Elaborate Paisley-designs are more often to be found.

Oddly enough I thought to myself that this scarf must be the dream of British Spitfire enthusiasts who are so keen on Polka Dot scarves. Now this is not really a Polka Dot at all, but looks close enough to the RAF roundel. :p

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I have two scarves. One clay-brown, and one navy blue and grey checked.

I'm constantly on the lookout for one of those pure-white scarves, like what the WWI and WWII figher-pilots used to wear.

Simple, but cool.

Can someone tell me what those old white aviator scarves are made of? Silk? Or cotton? Wool?

Attachments

• 2777518_f260.jpg
    2777518_f260.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 715

DNO

One Too Many
Spectacular scarves, as always, Two Types!

Had some luck this week...

A pale green paisley rayon by Joxford. The label says it's crease resistant but it's not that resistant!

This one is a Sammy. Reversible it seems.

And finally I found this Tootal today.

The Tootal has a seam right in the middle of the scarf, on both sides. I've never seen this before.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
It has a seam - but the pattern matches. That's quite incredible. I've never seen one like that before.

The reversible Sammy one is interesting: is it soft rayon (like the Tootal fabric) or shiny, stiff Tricel type fabric?

DNO

One Too Many
The seam is a new one for me as well.

The Sammy is Tricel fabric. I much prefer the softer, heavier rayon but I have difficulty passing up any older scarf!

The pale green paisley is rayon and it's the first one I've found by Joxford.

DNO

One Too Many
Some more lucky finds this week. This one is by Brill:

And this one has no label but it is made of a thick, heavy rayon and is quite wide. I get the impression that it is an older one.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Hopefully so TT, you never see them for sale through the warmer months...all my local charity shops don't put them out until around Christmas...I did see a couple today on our local 1940's flea market(flog it were there filming) but they were silly money for c1960's scarves!....I did however score a few other nice things but more of that later.

DamianM

Vendor
Some more lucky finds this week. This one is by Brill:

And this one has no label but it is made of a thick, heavy rayon and is quite wide. I get the impression that it is an older one.

These are pretty sweet early 40s maybe even 30s.

I do love them. lucky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails