Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Show us your self portrait"

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Forgotten Man said:
Not my self portrait but, took this photo of Ashley yesterday and photoshopped it to imulate a late 20s hand tinted photo.

l_dae574e2cc124f38ba76c6b056c6af3e.jpg

What do ya think?

That's crazy - so like her!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Forgotten Man said:
Not my self portrait but, took this photo of Ashley yesterday and photoshopped it to imulate a late 20s hand tinted photo.

l_dae574e2cc124f38ba76c6b056c6af3e.jpg

What do ya think?
I very much like the final product.

p51

One Too Many
As an artist, I actually drew myself as a cartoon character when I was in college for a newspaper, need to dig them up and scan them someday.
I did this as a cartoon when I was on active duty, that same college newspaper character as a Army officer, which I was at the time. If I posted the whole thing it wouldn't make any sense, trust me on that.
MeHmuvee.jpg

I drew this of myself several years ago:
Doughboy.jpg

Not exactly a self-portrait, but Billy Tucci drew me as a war correspondent for the comic book series, "SGT Rock and the Lost Battalion" as seen here:
SGTRockSRColor.jpg

K

kpreed

Me in Oil

I was experimenting with a photo on my computer and got this me in oil.
me.jpg

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Forgotten Man said:

What do ya think?

Nicely done Forgotten Man! That really does look like those early 20th c. hand tinted portraits. I like to "antique" pictures in photoshop as well. It's crazy some of the things you can do.

Here's a self portrait I took of myself for my new school ID. I was going for the distinctive look that 1940's Kodak color photos have: slight motion blur, soft focus, washed-out, not quit natural color balance.

AgedcolorID.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Love those posted so far, and particularly the Ashley portrait.

Here's my entry for fun:

ColonelDespardFlapper.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
here is a picture of myself that I drew. I didn't take a good photo of it and unfortunately this picture is at my parents being framed so this will have to do
Myart038.jpg

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
p51 said:
As an artist, I actually drew myself as a cartoon character when I was in college for a newspaper, need to dig them up and scan them someday.
I did this as a cartoon when I was on active duty, that same college newspaper character as a Army officer, which I was at the time. If I posted the whole thing it wouldn't make any sense, trust me on that.
MeHmuvee.jpg
Looks great!...I was at Camp Casey 90-91...

Patattack

New in Town
This seems as good a place as any to make my first post on the forum!

This one's from when I was feeling artsy for my high school photography class:
self-portrait.jpg

And a couple I took during my three-month backpacking journey this summer (hence the unkempt beard). I'm actually still surprised at how much I enjoy the composition of these, considering I was just fiddling around with my camera whilst bored on a long bus ride.
IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

JennyLou

Practically Family
I'm not good at drawing, painting, photography, etc. but I will attempt a self- portrait of myself soon. In the mean time this will be my stand-in self-portrait.

self.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner