Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your sheet music

$ally

One Too Many
Hey, I did look for a thread with this title, but I guess we don't have any avid collectors.
2259910978_34892f6f9f.jpg

I picked up some sheet music from 1945-48 at a huge book sale this last weekend. These loves had been marked down to .50 cents, which oddly enough is what they cost back in the day.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I have sheet music. I don't play any instruments but I used to sing. Most of the stuff I have is from movies. My favorites are Never Gonna Dance from Swingtime and Say That We're Sweethearts Again from Meet The People. I paid an arm and a leg forthe latter.

I'll take photos tonight if I can.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Ooh! I have a huge collection of sheet music stashed away--I'll have to dig it out and share some scans. The graphics can be wonderful on these and they're relatively cheap too--a nice collectible.

shindeco

A-List Customer
$ally said:
Hey, I did look for a thread with this title, but I guess we don't have any avid collectors.
Thanks for starting this thread!!:eusa_clap

I've been thinking we needed one like this but was too lazy to start it (isn't starting a new thread so exhausting??) Now I have no excuse not to scan some of mine.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just hit the sheet music treasure chest

I was given two full file boxes of sheet music yesterday, most from the 1800's-1920's for FREE! :D

Any musicians with special requests? I now have an instant collection of about 200+ pieces of period sheet music.

Vintage Betty

Miss 1929

deadpandiva said:
I have sheet music. I don't play any instruments but I used to sing. Most of the stuff I have is from movies. My favorites are Never Gonna Dance from Swingtime and Say That We're Sweethearts Again from Meet The People. I paid an arm and a leg forthe latter.

I'll take photos tonight if I can.

that song is the first 30s tune that grabbed me by the ear and demanded attention!
Named the band after the movie too.
You have excellent taste as always, DPD...

Vintage Betty

Very clever m'dear!

I know, I can't get over that a complete stranger would GIVE this to me! WOW!

How cool is it that I can share it with you?

And be sure to check out the fourth picture. I don't have time to check out the words, but the title really caught my eye.

Vintage Betty

Miss 1929

Vintage Betty said:
Very clever m'dear!

I know, I can't get over that a complete stranger would GIVE this to me! WOW!

How cool is it that I can share it with you?

And be sure to check out the fourth picture. I don't have time to check out the words, but the title really caught my eye.

Vintage Betty
"Turn Out the Universe"? I never heard of it!
But if you scan it and send it to me, we can learn it...

Vintage Betty

Miss 1929 said:
"Turn Out the Universe"? I never heard of it!
But if you scan it and send it to me, we can learn it...

I'd be happy to...but I actually meant the sixth picture "Massa's in de cold ground". :eusa_doh:

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Alon said:
Vintage Betty,
I'd love classical pieces (particularly operatic stuff) and parlour songs.

I took a quick peek through the large stacks of music, and it appears that these are piano music. What should I look for regarding parlour music in that context?

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy