Show us your SHOES !!!

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Veronica Parra, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Isshinryu101

Isshinryu101 One Too Many

My pleasure, friend. Thank You.

2. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

I adore storm welts.

3. AlanC

AlanC My Mail is Forwarded Here

^By the way, your Florsheim made me think of this post about the EG Windsor. He makes something of the captoe wingtip design, which is essentially the same design your Florsheims have above.

4. Not "was": is. Founded sixty years ago by a Hollywood publicist, Carroll & Company is very much alive and well, and is still a family-run haberdashery. Their merchandise is top-notch.

5. SteveAS

SteveAS Practically Family

Very nice brown suedes, Alan and Issh! You make me realize a man can't get by with just one pair (which is all I have).

6. Isshinryu101

I do as well. 90% of my shoes have either a storm welt or some kind of "action" going on with the welt edge.

7. esteban68

esteban68 Call Me a Cab

if it were possible I'd marry those shoes Isshinryu! quite possibly the most beautiful suede/leather combo I've seen.

8. Isshinryu101

In my mind, at least for shoes, EVERYONE stopped making shoes after 1970.

9. Isshinryu101

Many thanks for the kind words.

10. Isshinryu101

11. Yeah, Olive Oyl wore button-up boots with the same toe. There was a specific name for that toe shape, but I've forgotten it.

12. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up

Ceeement pond...:D

13. flyfishark

flyfishark Practically Family

Thanks, Jed

14. .
    In one form or another, spade sole shoes have been around for a longer time than most people think. Here's a pair from the very early 1900s:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up

Those are in remarkable shape. They need a good stripping to remove that oil mark and then a couple of baths in Mr Pecards and then like Cinderella be given some nice shoe trees. Might take some time but then a great project.

16. The Shooman

The Shooman A-List Customer

Some shoos l photographed at a shoe suppliers place a couple of years ago:

1880's boots. Actually has the finest leather l have ever seen, blows away anything l have seen on highend shoos, even surpasses bespoke leather quality on some of the great makers like George Materna and Vass.
    [​IMG]

1928 aussie shoe:
    [​IMG]

another vintage boot:
    [​IMG]

17. The Shooman

The Shooman A-List Customer

The soles of the only bespoke goodyear welted shoe to be made in this day and age in Australia. lt was a trial shoe, but l ended up ditching the project and starting again because the last wasn't to my liking, so my shoemaker ended up doing a gunboat style to suit the last. Mr X couldn't close the channel because the machine had broken down and he didn't have time to do it by hand.
    [​IMG]

My next one will be the real deal. Elegant last, proper chanelled soles, hand welted, hand stitched soles and the works. lt will probably be the last true bespoke shoe ever made in Australia.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  18. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up