Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
IMG_4374.jpg

I adore storm welts.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
In one form or another, spade sole shoes have been around for a longer time than most people think. Here's a pair from the very early 1900s:

KGrHqNo0E8VdKEnBPRGhd41Lg60_32.jpg

KGrHqJioE8QSu6-C0BPRGhd3GvQ60_32.jpg

Those are in remarkable shape. They need a good stripping to remove that oil mark and then a couple of baths in Mr Pecards and then like Cinderella be given some nice shoe trees. Might take some time but then a great project.

The Shooman

Practically Family
In one form or another, spade sole shoes have been around for a longer time than most people think. Here's a pair from the very early 1900s:

KGrHqNo0E8VdKEnBPRGhd41Lg60_32.jpg

KGrHqJioE8QSu6-C0BPRGhd3GvQ60_32.jpg

Some shoos l photographed at a shoe suppliers place a couple of years ago:

1880's boots. Actually has the finest leather l have ever seen, blows away anything l have seen on highend shoos, even surpasses bespoke leather quality on some of the great makers like George Materna and Vass.
TexonOzshoo61.jpg

1928 aussie shoe:
TexonOzshoo71.jpg

another vintage boot:
TexonOzshoo45.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
The soles of the only bespoke goodyear welted shoe to be made in this day and age in Australia. lt was a trial shoe, but l ended up ditching the project and starting again because the last wasn't to my liking, so my shoemaker ended up doing a gunboat style to suit the last. Mr X couldn't close the channel because the machine had broken down and he didn't have time to do it by hand.
Bespokeshoo-mine8.jpg

My next one will be the real deal. Elegant last, proper chanelled soles, hand welted, hand stitched soles and the works. lt will probably be the last true bespoke shoe ever made in Australia.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112