Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

The Shooman

Practically Family
New pair of beater shoes.

IMG_2950.jpg

You are a very lucky fellow having those beauties.

freakersea

New in Town
heres my first pair of shoes in my transition from skate shoes to something decent, not vintage but baby steps first. second hand off ebay from the US, the ebay ad said brown but they are more burgundy

P4120016.jpg

P4120019.jpg

P4120020.jpg

Allen Edmonds Mcallisters, left foots a bit tighter than the right might need to put them on a stretcher, and i need to get myself some shoe trees

The Shooman

Practically Family
So nice. Glad you finally achieved your dream Down Under.

Best shoos l have ever seen or worn on my feet. They look like shoos l have always envisioned. l've never been satisfied with any shoos l have ever owned, but l am highly satisfied with these. They look great on my feet. They are the first shoos l have ever had that look like real shoos on my feet because they were specially made for my feet and look like they were made for my feet. All my rtw shoos look like they were made for somebody else....they lack the special character of real shoos that i've dreamed about all my life since l was a child.

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
The first finished pair of Australian bespoke shoos (Pisa bespoke):
Pisabespoke3.jpg

Pisabespoke5.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE those, Shooey. You did GREAT!! Many congrats... + he used the classic Australian heel. I call it that because this is the 3rd pair of Australian made shoes I've seen, and they all had the heel with that red button.

You've got great taste!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
heres my first pair of shoes in my transition from skate shoes to something decent, not vintage but baby steps first. second hand off ebay from the US, the ebay ad said brown but they are more burgundy

P4120016.jpg

P4120019.jpg

P4120020.jpg

Allen Edmonds Mcallisters, left foots a bit tighter than the right might need to put them on a stretcher, and i need to get myself some shoe trees

what did you pay, if I may ask... and can we see a footbed and sole pic please?

freakersea

New in Town
I paid 40AUD and about the same again for postage from US to here, heres some photos of the sole, and by footbed im guessing you mean inner sole?
P4130017.jpg

P4130016.jpg

P4130019.jpg

it looks as though the bottom sole has been cut and had the front half replaced... on one of the shoes you can just make out where it has the beginning of Allen Edmonds then its grazed out the half the sole has been put on with 2 tacs by the looks of it... bit worried about this i was wanting to get them recrafted by allen edmonds because being my first pair i do want them to last as long as possible, im not sure if they will touch them with it like that. With the inner sole sorry about the photo i tried, it says Mcallister Allen Edmonds -Ostendo- Cushioned Heel

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I paid 40AUD and about the same again for postage from US to here, heres some photos of the sole, and by footbed im guessing you mean inner sole?
P4130017.jpg

P4130016.jpg

P4130019.jpg

it looks as though the bottom sole has been cut and had the front half replaced... on one of the shoes you can just make out where it has the beginning of Allen Edmonds then its grazed out the half the sole has been put on with 2 tacs by the looks of it... bit worried about this i was wanting to get them recrafted by allen edmonds because being my first pair i do want them to last as long as possible, im not sure if they will touch them with it like that. With the inner sole sorry about the photo i tried, it says Mcallister Allen Edmonds -Ostendo- Cushioned Heel

Ostendo makes them old but I suspect that AE won't recraft those.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Another pair of captoes in the great Canadian tradition of chunky and built like a tank. I think these were by Gale.
Resoled and re-heeled from the looks of it, I didn't buy them in the end.

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Not actually shoes, but ....

... some of you might be interested to see these.

A couple of years ago I was at the Joseph Cheaney factory in Desborough (Northants, UK) and they told me they had been throwing out lots of old wooden lasts. For some reason they had changed over to some form of man-made last. So they had a whole pile of them in a shed. They kindly rescued these for me:

This is a size 9 and a half last made by Mobbs Miller last makers of Kettering:
mobbsmillerlast.jpg

mobbsmillerlastsole.jpg

mobbsmillerlastlogo.jpg

This is a size 7 last made by Mobbs and Lewis:
mobbslewislast.jpg

mobbslewislastsole.jpg

mobbslewislastlogo.jpg

Last week I was clearing out my parents' home and found a number of tools, as shown here in the foreground. I am guessing they are shoe repairing tools (my father worked as a shoe repairer for over 20 years from the 1940s until the late 1960s). That said, the wooden handle says it is a carpet repair tool!
lastsandtools.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Next time I go, I'm going to ask them if they have any more. I am planning to use them as doorstops and maybe to convert one into a lampstamp.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo