Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Gene, if you're gonna be in the shoe biness, you gots to start learning the terminology. ;)

Whyddya' think I'm askin' all these questions!? :D

----------

Wow, that example you showed must be an extreme case of 'whole cut-ness'. They have no seams at all. Impressive.

---------

Thank you for sharing your info with me - sometimes it's like pulling teeth around here to get replies/answers from the knowledgeable members. I guess I got spoiled with the hat crowd; they are more free with discussion/information sharing than some of our jaded ol' shoe experts are! lol ;)

Feeling Blessed

Well my initial question was answered regarding spades and vintage shoes; and yes, I must agree that the Lounge is a great place to be, and I've found that there are people in the world, half way round in fact,;) that are willing to share and help a fellow out.

So your mention of feeling blessed got me to thinking.....I am also Blessed because I just scored 2 terrific pair of shoes from a Lounge member.:D

So, it will be a few weeks till the goods arrive, but as soon as they do....pictures will be posted. Spades and Spectators....:eusa_clap

The Shooman said:
Ebay does require patience, and the strength to resist beautiful shoos that almost fit.

l searched ebay for years for a pair of size 8D NOS Florshiem lmperial v cleat longwings, never ever did find a pair. l only ended up with a pair through a forum member; he happened to be walking by a shop and happened to find NOS v cleats. One of the most appreciated purchases i've ever made. l wish l could find more, but feel very blessed with my luck in getting a single pair.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
GoldenEraFan said:
I love that style of spectator. I've been having hard time finding a pair like that. Is there any company that makes them other than Remix Vintage? Is there a name for this style of spectator?

I just call them two-tone bucks, since they're two-toned and shoes like these are usually called bucks. Ol' Woogies makes pretty slick reproductions as well, which by reputation, are quite well-made.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wore an old pair of Wrights today:

DSCN2320.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Benny Holiday said:
I dig those white brogues, Gene!

My good mate Cookie has sent plenty of great pairs of shoes my way, and here are the daddies of 'em all. Crosby Square spade soles, deadstock:

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

Many thanks Cookie, these shoes are a real gem!

Time for me to head off to Melbourne for the next couple of days, catch you all on the weekend!

Those are so extremely beautiful, I do not even know how to handle it.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
cookie said:
I would just go the topy route on those to save money and a bit of a cleanup and Pecards.

They cleaned up really nicely.

Saw these in an antique shop today. A bit too far gone conditionwise to buy, but good looking dress boots nonetheless.

P1080248.jpg

P1080249.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
They cleaned up really nicely.

Saw these in an antique shop today. A bit too far gone conditionwise to buy, but good looking dress boots nonetheless.

P1080248.jpg

A really interesting boot. A balmoral wingtip that looks to be blake rapid stitched, could be ltalian origion. Really close stitching of the soles, similar to how many old shoos are stitched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy